~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Yup, Hill House was far, far better than Bly Manor. Thing is, Hill House did not shove the ghosts in your face continuously (Although they were there and could be seen - most of them were not the focus, other than some minor jump scares). Bly Manor though, you could make out their work from the first episode itself.

For example (Major Spoilers for both shows),

Spoiler

In Hill House the fact that the Bent-Neck Lady was Nelly herself from the future was mind-blowing. Same for the fact that Steven (The older brother - the author) could always see ghosts but did not recognize them. But in Bly Manor - it's blatantly obvious something is wrong with Hannah Grose, because she never touches food in the manor ever + is always obsessed with lighting candles for the dead. Not to mention, we see Peter right from the beginning and can quite easily deduce he's behind Miles's possession after the first few episodes. The only major "thing" was that Dani's Fiancee's ghost was harmless.

Finished it last night. Quite a damp end. It was going well till episode 9, but the sappy, almost hum-saath-saath-hain-ish end just put me off. The last 25 or so minutes are so ham fisted. There's a couple of really good hours in these 10, but overall it's not something I enjoyed. The performances were great though, except both Hughs. I just didn't buy their stuff. 6/10. 

I do have a couple of questions: 

Spoiler

1. Why did Hugh leave Olivia back home "alone" that night? Extremely negligent and stupid.

2. Why did Olivia not go to her sister's?

On 10/26/2020 at 1:55 PM, dylanjosh said:

Are you spotting the hidden ghosts? 

LOL not a single one. I think I need a better display :P

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

100% agree on the last episode. Thought it was the weakest.

Reveal hidden contents

https://collider.com/haunting-of-hill-house-alternate-ending/

the ending was changed to make it more hopeful

Frankly I'm glad they changed the ending. The alternate ending described in your link is the most cliched out ending that's there in all horror shows and movies out there.

Bear with me and see if this does not describe almost all horror shows that ever existed -

Spoiler

"Hey the heroes escaped and the Ghost is no more. Or is it? Look at the background. Are they truly safe and out of it? :wink: :wink:"

And then the sequel bait kept at the ready.

Frankly, I'm glad Hill House ended the way it did. Was an absolute nice change of pace.

Greyhound_sRGB_V1.png

Live-Action Assassin’s Creed Series Coming To Netflix

A brand-new, live-action Assassin’s Creed series is coming to Netflix. The deal includes multiple different series, the first of which will be a genre-bending live-action epic, while the others will be animated and anime adaptations. The live action series is currently searching for a showrunner. Ubisoft Film & Television’s Jason Altman and Danielle Kreinik will serve as executive producers.

“For more than 10 years, millions of fans around the world have helped shape the Assassin’s Creed brand into an iconic franchise,” said Jason Altman, Head of Ubisoft Film & Television - Los Angeles. “We’re thrilled to create an Assassin’s Creed series with Netflix, and we look forward to developing the next saga in the Assassin’s Creed universe.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, adity said:

Why do you say so? The story really isn't great for the most part. You're thinking about it as an interactive medium but if you solely look at sutscenes you'll quickly realise most video game stories are mediocre. That's why video game adaptations almost always suck. 

Yep when it comes to the games the only AC story I enjoyed was AC2. Even then its not like it was an amazing story. 

But I think @playstationdude is talking more about the premise of the show. Back in AC1-AC3 I was really intersted in the modern day stuff and its a great setup to have an anthology-type series which is still connected, like every season being in some other time period .

19 minutes ago, adity said:

Why do you say so? The story really isn't great for the most part. You're thinking about it as an interactive medium but if you solely look at sutscenes you'll quickly realise most video game stories are mediocre. That's why video game adaptations almost always suck. 

14 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Yep when it comes to the games the only AC story I enjoyed was AC2. Even then its not like it was an amazing story. 

But I think @playstationdude is talking more about the premise of the show. Back in AC1-AC3 I was really intersted in the modern day stuff and its a great setup to have an anthology-type series which is still connected, like every season being in some other time period .

Yes this. Talking about the premise of mythology and secret socities.

2 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Have to start paying for Apple TV+ now :(

Wait for the bundle. Apple says should launch before year end. Else it's just 99 a month or 999 a year for quality stuff. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

Ted Lasso scores early Season 3 Renewal from Apple TV+

Ted Lasso, which hails from Sudeikis and Bill Lawrence, is Apple’s No. 1 comedy across all top 50 countries, including the U.S., UK, Germany, France, Canada, Russia, Japan and more. It has broken audience records for Apple TV+, ranking as the No. 1 comedy each week, drawing 25% new viewers to the service since its August 14 launch. according to the streamer. The pop culture phenom has grown its viewership more than 600%, fueled by binge watchers, setting new records for completion and engagement worldwide.

421291392673906689.png?v=1

On 10/26/2020 at 1:52 PM, achilles said:

Also +1 on Scam 92, a few people have told me about it but those who’ve read the book say the show misses out on a few arcs which add a lot more to the story. Inclined to read the book. 

Haven't finished the show yet. Now that you've mentioned it, I'm also feeling like reading the book. 

20 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Wait for the bundle. Apple says should launch before year end. Else it's just 99 a month or 999 a year for quality stuff. 

999 itself is a pretty solid deal for the whole year. What kind of bundle are you talking about? Apple Music and stuff combined?

6 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Ted Lasso scores early Season 3 Renewal from Apple TV+

Fantastic news. So I assume it was already renewed for a Season 2 before then.

Hope its coming our way soon. Apple TV+ most def worth getting for a year now. 

The only annoyance is that my TV does not have the app.