~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

33 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

999 itself is a pretty solid deal for the whole year. What kind of bundle are you talking about? Apple Music and stuff combined?

Apple One plan. India site says launching by year end. Mix of TV, Arcade, Music etc. 

The Queen's Gambit.
What a breath of fresh air. Top class direction and acting. I have played Chess my whole life and I still dabble in it online as finding someone to play near me is tough nowadays. So, I can relate to this show maybe a bit more than people who haven't played chess. But, even if you haven't you will enjoy this show. Netflix once a while surprises me with their originals.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

The Queen's Gambit.
What a breath of fresh air. Top class direction and acting. I have played Chess my whole life and I still dabble in it online as finding someone to play near me is tough nowadays. So, I can relate to this show maybe a bit more than people who haven't played chess. But, even if you haven't you will enjoy this show. Netflix once a while surprises me with their originals.

Family friendly?

If not I'll just watch it alone, sounds very nice. 

44 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

The Queen's Gambit.

+1. Enjoyed it very much. 

14 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Family friendly?

Few f-bombs and sexual references but no nudity. 

7 episodes. 1 hour each. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dante77 said:

You guys talk about 4k streaming for hotstar. Is mandalorian season 2 streaming 4k? I only see 1080p :(

What other shows have you guys seen in 4k on hotstar?

Try Fire Stick. I am guessing you're on Tizen. 

24 minutes ago, dante77 said:

What other shows have you guys seen in 4k on hotstar?

There's not a whole lot right now. Prominent ones I can think of are Mandalorian, Avengers Endgame, Onward and Togo. The rest are mostly just Disney/Pixar shorts.

Try Fire Stick. I am guessing you're on Tizen. 
Are you saying Hotstar gives 4k streaming but on Tizen it is not supported :O

There's not a whole lot right now. Prominent ones I can think of are Mandalorian, Avengers Endgame, Onward and Togo. The rest are mostly just Disney/Pixar shorts.
But mandalorian showing 1080p only and hotstar doesn't give option to change resolution on Tozen OS :(

So I guess it is just my tv :cry:

Whyyyyyyyy :cry:

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Are you saying Hotstar gives 4k streaming but on Tizen it is not supported :OBut mandalorian showing 1080p only and hotstar doesn't give option to change resolution on Tozen OS :(

So I guess it is just my tv :cry:

Whyyyyyyyy :cry:

It's common. For Hotstar, changes first come to Android (FS runs a customized fork of Android). 

Even the WebOS Hotstar does not do 4K. 

Ok. Is there any website to track all this stuff? Like see when will 4k be available on Tizen/WebOS. Also. You have firestick, right? Can you confirm 4k on hotstar works on FS?

I think samsung has specific problem with hotstar, they have 3 dedicated buttons - Netflix, prime and zee f**king 5!!!!! Who the f**k thinks zee5 is next after Netflix and prime!!

5 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Ok. Is there any website to track all this stuff? Like see when will 4k be available on Tizen/WebOS. Also. You have firestick, right? Can you confirm 4k on hotstar works on FS?

I think samsung has specific problem with hotstar, they have 3 dedicated buttons - Netflix, prime and zee f**king 5!!!!! Who the f**k thinks zee5 is next after Netflix and prime!!

Just keep a tab on Hotstar twitter. And keep on updating your app.

Zee5 as a 3rd button has started appearing on quite a few remotes now. Nothing new. I don't think any remote has Hotstar as a button. 

1 minute ago, dante77 said:
3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:
Just keep a tab on Hotstar twitter. And keep on updating your app.
Zee5 as a 3rd button has started appearing on quite a few remotes now. Nothing new. I don't think any remote has Hotstar as a button. 

Thanks! Guess zee is paying them good moolah!!

Zee5 actually has been releasing lots of original desi content, especially TV series.

1 minute ago, Sach4life said:

Zee5 actually has been releasing lots of original desi content, especially TV series.

Yeah. Same for Sony LIV and other OTTs. Streaming is still a mess though. No 4k, no HDR. Episode tracking hardly works, last watch point does not stick etc. 

• Like 1