~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Mandalorian is amazing. Disney was stupid to release the sequel trilogy. Should have left the skywalker saga alone post ep 6 and focussed on other stories. There is so much that can be done in the SW universe, mandalorian is a testament to that.

I am angry it is not a videogame.

The guy has doom eternal doomguy like abilities, and is sent on continous side quests everytime for help on main quest, also gets temporary companions on each level

14 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

The guy has doom eternal doomguy like abilities, and is sent on continous side quests everytime for help on main quest, also gets temporary companions on each level

From video game pov , jedi lore is far more interesting though. Jedi fallen order is amazing.

38 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

RIP Star Wars 1313

Rip Pour One Out GIF

I'm slightly disappointed with S2 of Mandalorian as this season didn't progress the story at all. Just popped up some new characters from the lore, flew around here and there, that's all. Two, three episodes were kinda cool, but an entire season? Meh.

If it wasn't for the high production value and neat presentation, this season would've been criticised af.

Also such a important revelation in the latest episode, felt like not a big deal. 

7/10

Finished ZeroZeroZero. Excellent show. Must watch if u liked Sicario. 8.5/10 

Could be the next Narcos. However, the show ends without a cliffhanger and has a nice ending. Wouldn't mind a season 2 though.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:00 PM, SuperT said:

The Mandalorian Se02Ep07 was more of a filler/build-up episode but was brilliant nonetheless. Season 2 has been amazing and I am sure they will end it with a bang. Exited for the season finale :wOOtjumpy:

I loved the chase and the scene that followed later on. Reminded me of Fury Road. Glad the series is filling up the gaps between OT and ST.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2020 at 6:53 PM, Chirag2001 said:

Have you read the source material? :naughty:

I haven't seen the show, shall get to it coming week

The Golden Compass (First book of His Dark Materials) was amazing!! Unfortunately, the remaining books are an absolute mess. Golden Compass had such a great thing going on. Why the f**k drag religion into it - all the angels, fall of man and all such stuff :doh:Could not finish it past the first book.

12 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

I loved the chase and the scene that followed later on. Reminded me of Fury Road. Glad the series is filling up the gaps between OT and ST.

Yes the chase was an amazing scene indeed! 

I particularly loved the episode's last scene, what a way to end the episode!

Spoiler

Paraphrasing of Gideon's speech and Gideon's face was priceless!

4 minutes ago, dante77 said:

I liked Mando Season 1 but there is hardly anything going on this season. I feel like there is no "Main" storyline only "Side" quests. At least for first 5 episodes. It did pick up from episode 6 though, those 'side quests' were not bad at all by the way.

This whole show is like that :P You will enjoy it more if you stop expecting main story. 

• Like 2

I mean that's the whole point of the show. Mando is a bounty hunter. The story is always going to episodic where he goes place to place meeting cool characters and helping/taking care of usual stuff.

Grogu is one long padded quest for merchandise. If they focus on Grogu, the show will end in 5 episodes. 

• Like 1

I mean that's the whole point of the show. Mando is a bounty hunter. The story is always going to episodic where he goes place to place meeting cool characters and helping/taking care of usual stuff.

Grogu is one long padded quest for merchandise. If they focus on Grogu, the show will end in 5 episodes. 
Yes. And I liked it but these type of shows usually get stale after a period of time IMO. I just don't see any gluing point after a period of time.

Sitcoms are a different thing altogether!

It's just nice to see STAR WARS from time to time that doesn't suck. 8 episodes a year is better than nothing and I doubt anyone is re-watching multiple times. 

Can't really compare to sitcoms. They are low budget, easy to produce 14-24 episodes a year. Can re-watch them multiple times in short period of time without giving too much attention.

When the show ends people are going to miss it. ?