~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Holy sh*t!!! Mando S2 finale is awesome. :wOOtjumpy:. Been a while since I have enjoyed a star wars product this much. Didn't know Jon Favreau is this capable.

Edited by b!T

11 hours ago, achilles said:

^Yeah I kinda liked it too but they totally ruined the vibe by the end of the show. The last two episodes are boring, and worse, unnecessary. 
I’ll probably read the book. 

Last 2 episodes were bore. Oh. I liked them with that 1cr allegation plus his restart. The ending was emotional. 

4 hours ago, hope said:

Last 2 episodes were bore. Oh. I liked them with that 1cr allegation plus his restart. The ending was emotional. 

where can i watch this?

43 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

Queen's Gambit. Excellent show. 7 episodes makes the experience so much better. Casting is brilliant especially of the young anya taylor joy and borgov

The soundtrack :wub:

Same here, I also loved it. Kasparov's involvement made the chess authentic

Finished the Queen's Gambit a few days back and I don't know jacksh*t about chess but I liked the show. Very well acted and presented. 

Also started a Korean show called Kingdom and holy sh*t, the production values are off the charts on this one. 

11 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Thanks mate! Will start it today. 

Done. What a ride. Enjoyed it so much. 

First 2 episodes bit okay/slow but after that it picks up and gets so much better. Enjoyed it more than season 2. Can't wait for season 4. :panic:

Spoiler

Japan stuff was beautiful

Chozen was great 

Ali was amazing

Hawk move to save Demetri was so good

Daniel and Johnny together vs. Kreese

Edited by Joe Cool

Finally binged on The Queen's Gambit - all 7 episodes in one day. So damn fantastic ! Read about it a bit, and apparently Scott bought the book rights in 1992, and it took 18 years for such an amazing show to come up. 

2020 has been an amazing year for OTTs - absolutely great shows all around. 

On 1/1/2021 at 8:08 PM, Joe Cool said:

Done. What a ride. Enjoyed it so much. 

First 2 episodes bit okay/slow but after that it picks up and gets so much better. Enjoyed it more than season 2. Can't wait for season 4. :panic:

Reveal hidden contents

Japan stuff was beautiful

Chozen was great 

Ali was amazing

Hawk move to save Demetri was so good

Daniel and Johnny together vs. Kreese

Finished it too. Amazing season, loved it. Why do I feel like season 4 should be the last one? If it is, it better go out with a bang.

Anyway, the thing I liked most about this season was the character development; it went deeper. The reason why this show works well is that it does justice to the source material, it's references and handling the characters from each of those movies.

Keeping the old cast intact was such a splendid idea and not other episode has reflected it better than episode 4 & 5 in this season.

Daniel's trip to Okinawa and meeting up with Kumiko was by far the most amazing moment. She read that letter from Mr. Miyagi 

:samui:. Then Chozen's part, wow, that was unexpected but a really great moment too. All in all, I think this trip was the true highlight of the show.

Finally, I think Kreese's backstory now made a whole lot more sense on why he turned out the way he did. See now that's how we can connect with these characters. The final episode wrapped up things really well.

That said, can't wait for the next season. Hope they don't drag the show unnecessarily. 

• Like 1

Yes, am okay with season 4 as final season. Don't need to stretch out and they have covered lots already. Unless they really have something left to show and just drag for sake of season, then go ahead.

As for spoilers

Spoiler

Yes, the whole of Japan stuff was beautiful. The way they shot the scene and letters were perfect. ?

Am also glad they didn't try to force relationship for drama sake.

Chozen did his role well and his moves. I can't wait to see kids doing those moves in tournament/outside. 

Loved Ali too. Everything was perfect. Sweet, charming, funny, bringing Johnny and Daniel was very well done.

Kreese I still don't feel bad for him but show tries to show he is doing all this because of his past experience. Standing up to the world. 

Technically the show has no villains or bad guys. All about that perspective which is awesome to see.

Can't wait for season 4. Going to be a blast.