~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Finally got to binge on Cobra Kai S3. Had to wait for daughter and wife to be free at the same time so we could all sit and watch it together. And I'm so glad we did. Loved every moment the treatment of the characters. 

Highpoint of the season was Hawk and Dmitri and that moment of awakening for Hawk. And of course the trip was beautifully done and the return of you know who we were waiting for for two whole seasons. Couldn't have asked for a better way. No extra drama, no bs. Well done.

Oh boy S4 is going to be a treat.

17 hours ago, Walker said:

Finally got to binge on Cobra Kai S3. Had to wait for daughter and wife to be free at the same time so we could all sit and watch it together. And I'm so glad we did. Loved every moment the treatment of the characters. 

Highpoint of the season was Hawk and Dmitri and that moment of awakening for Hawk. And of course the trip was beautifully done and the return of you know who we were waiting for for two whole seasons. Couldn't have asked for a better way. No extra drama, no bs. Well done.

Oh boy S4 is going to be a treat.

Cobra Kai is a family friendly show? I hear about it constantly and haven't watched it.

At the same time, I was looking for something to watch with the fam

There's blood, violence, some mild swearing. May not be ok for below teen, but my daughter has been exposed to some of what I watch, including Supernatural. For family of adults, yeah its pretty safe though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Walker said:

There's blood, violence, some mild swearing. May not be ok for below teen, but my daughter has been exposed to some of what I watch, including Supernatural. For family of adults, yeah its pretty safe though.

thats more than okay. Cool, will give this a shot. 

I was gonna watch it anyway, but will try to watch with the parents and hopefully its a good time. Thanks! 

• Like 1

TV-14 show. 95% family friendly. The remaining 5% is what walker said - blood, violence, some mild swearing. Little romance is there but it is teen school friendly stuff. 

Can watch with family. Very enjoyable show. 

Just watched the final episode of Season 3 Cobra Kai... I know all the characters did a great job but man did I like Hawk's character arc or what! That moment where he switches sides is so awesome. :clapping:

Also, I don't know if anyone else here has watched the 80's show Miami Vice (I'm a huge fan of it!) but I had goosebumps the same way I did back then when "In the Air Tonight" started playing here as well. It was Crockett & Tubbs there in one of the show's most best remembered scenes and here it was Daniel and Johnny. Very different scenarios plot-wise but that song is just... pure GOLD.

I watched the Karate Kid trilogy before starting Cobra Kai and it paid off really well. I don't care much for the teenage drama in the series, but Daniel and Johnny's rivalry is the best part. Mr. Miyagi is seriously missed. :cry: Really good to see Kumiko in S3.

Pretty hyped for WandaVision next Friday!

On 1/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, cyberpunk said:

I watched the Karate Kid trilogy before starting Cobra Kai and it paid off really well. I don't care much for the teenage drama in the series, but Daniel and Johnny's rivalry is the best part. Mr. Miyagi is seriously missed. :cry: Really good to see Kumiko in S3.

Pretty hyped for WandaVision next Friday!

Haha even I did the same before I picked up the first 2 seasons of Cobra Kai last month, re-watched all the 3 Karate Kid movies again. :)