~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

21 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

:ha: you watched it now? 

Anyone seen The Flight Attendant yet? IMDB 7.1 seems sketchy for some reason. 

It's decent. The rating is on point. Strictly 7/10. Decent start. Mediocre finish. But Kelly. :wub:

Started with..... Bling Empire (don't judge me, k ?). These peeps just live in an alternate world. 

18 hours ago, dante77 said:

I am running out of patience on this too. Hopefully from next episode it will pick this up.

Ep 3 is where it all starts.

On 1/24/2021 at 9:03 PM, dylanjosh said:

Neat fact about that Telephone Song - the actor, Jason Alexander, has a background in singing and found it very difficult to sing that song 'badly' like George would have sung it. They had to do many takes to get it right. 

Ah I didn't know about this, but nevertheless, it was dam funny.

Also is it just me or did anyone else not find Jerry that funny? For a show that has his last name, I wasn't particularly impressed with his comedy or acting skills. It's like everyone brought their A-game on the show except him. :P 

Anyway, finally started Ozark last night. Intense first episode. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Ah I didn't know about this, but nevertheless, it was dam funny.

Also is it just me or did anyone else not find Jerry that funny? For a show that has his last name, I wasn't particularly impressed with his comedy or acting skills. It's like everyone brought their A-game on the show except him. :P 

Anyway, finally started Ozark last night. Intense first episode. 

Jerry is the straight man. Purposely not-funny to highlight the other characters. 

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StraightMan

Jerry wrote the script  for the other characters so you actually did find him funny, just in an indirect way ;)

Just now, dylanjosh said:

Jerry is the straight man. Purposely not-funny to highlight the other characters. 

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StraightMan

Jerry wrote the script  for the other characters so you actually did find him funny, just in an indirect way ;)

LOL! That's a weird trope. But I think I get it. The show was meant to evenly distribute the casts talent and not get completely over-shadowed by the lead comedian. Someone earlier mentioned about his stand up bits that annoyed them, I didn't like them either, but then I paid attention to it at some point and found out that they were like a set-up for the theme of each specific episode (or perhaps my memory is deceiving me). 

11 hours ago, Big Boss said:

I am watching this and completed season 1. Such an adorable fun show. Mr Kim is awesome.

+1 to this ....started schitt’s creek first .....was ok ...nothing great imo

but when I started this I almost completed season 1 within 1 day ....awesome show.... Mr Kim is awesome 

11 hours ago, Big Boss said:

I am watching this and completed season 1. Such an adorable fun show. Mr Kim is awesome.

21 minutes ago, kold_war said:

+1 to this ....started schitt’s creek first .....was ok ...nothing great imo

but when I started this I almost completed season 1 within 1 day ....awesome show.... Mr Kim is awesome 

Nice to hear. It is one of my fav. Super chill to watch even on re-watch. Enjoy. ?

Schitt's Creek season 1 was okay. Gets somewhat better midway but I couldn't stand Moira and Alexis. The dad and son were the best part. 

1 minute ago, dylanjosh said:

Is it anything like Fresh Off The Boat? I got really bored by that 

Nah, much better and different. No little kids or screaming and all. 

I liked Fresh Off the Boat but it went down after season 3. Jessica and kids got worse. Randall Park pretty much carried the show.