~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

2 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

Yes, upto an extent, but we can't say how many characters from the other shows/movies will end up here.

Hide contents

In just the first episode, Caleb Dune/Kanan Jarras and his master - Depa Billaba from Rebels were present. Clone Force 99 was itself introduced in Clone Wars S7, then there was Saw Gerrera from Clone Wars/Rogue One. Upcoming episodes will have Fennec Shand from Mandalorian. Planet Kamino was there in prequel trilogy. The whole decline of Republic and the rise of Galactic empire would be more understandable if the person has seen Clone Wars and other movies/shows first.

Agreed. It's definitely pulling from multiple places, so you'd technically need to watch all those shows/movies to get the full experience.

That said, I feel a lot of these links/chronologies work both ways. You could, at least in theory, be introduced to Saw Gerrera on this show and then learn more about him/his story arc in Rogue One?

21 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Agreed. It's definitely pulling from multiple places, so you'd technically need to watch all those shows/movies to get the full experience.

That said, I feel a lot of these links/chronologies work both ways. You could, at least in theory, be introduced to Saw Gerrera on this show and then learn more about him/his story arc in Rogue One?

Like you said,  you’ll have to watch other shows/movies to get full experience. It’s better to watch them first. 

Spoiler

Saw Gerrera was here just for one minor scene, viewer might not go looking for his arc elsewhere. But if they were introduced to him earlier, they will instantly recognise the character and understand this part of his journey.

53 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

Hide contents

Saw Gerrera was here just for one minor scene, viewer might not go looking for his arc elsewhere. But if they were introduced to him earlier, they will instantly recognise the character and understand this part of his journey.

Yes, my assumption was that he'd play a bigger role as the season went on. He wouldn't make a big enough impact with viewers (if they then go on to watch Rogue One) if that 5 minute cameo was his only appearance. Still, really cool show

:D

Finished.

^ One of the many heartwarming scenes of freaks and geeks, a realistic teenage life show with very light witty humour, no big laughs but brings a happy and a sad smile quite often.

Solid 8.5/10 for me and leaves one wanting for more, I love these kind of shows that really connect in a nostalgic way, every character has its personality.

Most of the Disney teenage

and other comedy shows suck in this regard especially with the over the top plot, jokes and the laughter track that runs (telling you you are supposed to laugh)

Only one season was made apparently as it wasn't a succes.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Line of duty
Finished season 6. As network hasn't stated if there will be a season 7 most people have assumed this was the last season. It's a shame as it's brilliant and season 6 finally brings the curtain to 'H' storyline. Although the finale was a bit underwhelming and the reveal a bit damp. Still, it's an amazing series and probably the best British series.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Saw first episode of Jupiter's legacy. It's not that great but I like the conflict between values and principles. Good enough to continue watching, to see what gives and the origin story.

1 hour ago, Cash said:

Money Heist is just really bad. Why is this so highly rated? :|

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's lot of garbage on Netflix that's highly rated, makes finding what to watch next really difficult.

1 hour ago, Narukami_Yu said:

:sign_banhim:

I mean bro you are better off watching indian soap. Only thing worth watching in the whole show is berlin. Anyway i stopped after 1st season,

Spoiler

Read that the inspector joins the gang :lol:

25 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's lot of garbage on Netflix that's highly rated, makes finding what to watch next really difficult.

Moving on to Peaky blind. Hope this is also not hyped. :|

Almost finished watching “Frasier”, at season 11 now.

I saw it in bits and pieces many many years ago, boy what a quality show!

Simply brilliant stuff - both witty and emotional.

Niles Crane is one of the best characters ever written, up there with Kramer/ George.

highly recommend it if you can find it.

Edited by Rosh

Mayans MC
Finally watched it. Picks up from where Sons of Anarchy ended. It's the same production team I believe and Many Sons of Anarchy cast makes an appearance in between. It's not on the same level as of SOA but still highly entertaining.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk