~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Mare of Easttown: Great, great little slice-of-life/murder mystery mini-series set in a small PA town. Kate Winslet is going to be on a few award lists next year. Also, it isn't as depressing as the whole premise sounds so don't let that stop you.

MV5BYjIyOGU1NzAtODZmYi00NGMzLWJiMjItNGNjNTFjOTM5ZDJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg
Yes. This is in my list, will watch after finishing couple of movies. A murder thriller in a small town is something I am always ready to watch. Trailer got me excited! It's a mini series so that is a plus too.

I even liked The Night Hunter movie (that multi starer one with Ben Kingsley) which everyone hated, absolutely LOVED prisoners and Wind River, and mini series like Unbelievable and The Outsider and basically love anything which involves investigation of a crime done in remote area, even if it means its a slow burn.

The reason I am saying all this is, do you have any recommendations similar to the above shows that I mentioned? Mini series or movies? Or even a proper series!

Recommendation from anyone else is also welcome!

Yes. This is in my list, will watch after finishing couple of movies. A murder thriller in a small town is something I am always ready to watch. Trailer got me excited! It's a mini series so that is a plus too.

I even liked The Night Hunter movie (that multi starer one with Ben Kingsley) which everyone hated, absolutely LOVED prisoners and Wind River, and mini series like Unbelievable and The Outsider and basically love anything which involves investigation of a crime done in remote area, even if it means its a slow burn.

The reason I am saying all this is, do you have any recommendations similar to the above shows that I mentioned? Mini series or movies? Or even a proper series!

Recommendation from anyone else is also welcome!

Trapped
Broadchurch
The missing
Unforgotten
Safe

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Whoa! Haven't seen any of it and they all look interesting. Will start with trapped. Thanks!

Any similar material in movies?

Top of the Lake may be worth checking out. Have you watched Fargo (both the movie and series)?

Memories of Murder and Mother too. Wind River. Hell or High Water.

• Like 2

Top of the Lake may be worth checking out. Have you watched Fargo (both the movie and series)?

Seen wind river as I have mentioned, loved that movie.

Will check out other ones, top of the lake doesn't seem to be available in any streaming platform. Will have to go different route.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyofx said:

Top of the Lake is a real slow burn, like, really really slow !! I would say 'The Killing' is a much better TV series (at-least the first two seasons) and its almost a replica !

Also, watching the below on Netflix

1. 'Jupiter's Legacy' , 3 episodes in and seems good so far.

2. 'Shadow & Bone', I'm 4 episodes in, the premise and the setup is very interesting, especially for fans of the fantasy novel genre.  But it has that  'targeted at ya' feeling that I'm unable to shake.  Hope it gets better.

Also, atched 'aspirants' on youtube.  Quite good I would say, highly inspirational, and if anyone's is preparing for upsc / iit or any competitive exams in general, I think this might provide a morale boost.  Started with 'kota factory' from the same company, in the second episode, and while it doesn't seem as good as 'aspirants', still feels like a funny one time watch so far.

Invincible was alright. Few good episodes but mostly predictable stuff.

Jupiter's Legacy is boring af. Poor makeup to make them look old and the show feels very cheap for a big Netflix production. Same plotlines has been done to death already before. The Boys is still the best series in this category.

37 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

'Shadow & Bone', I'm 4 episodes in, the premise and the setup is very interesting, especially for fans of the fantasy novel genre.  But it has that  'targeted at ya' feeling that I'm unable to shake.  Hope it gets better.

The books are young adult, so that will not go away in all honesty but its fairly good, better than the books!

Finished Pennyworth second season. It's a delight and Jack Bannon is killing it as Alfred Pennyworth. No relation to batman but good roles for Thomas and Martha Wayne. Also the 1960's era of London has been captured beautifully.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Finished Pennyworth second season. It's a delight and Jack Bannon is killing it as Alfred Pennyworth. No relation to batman but good roles for Thomas and Martha Wayne. Also the 1960's era of London has been captured beautifully.

Another underrated show for some reason. I really liked what they did with the character and how the show ties into the larger universe.

On 5/16/2021 at 8:31 PM, cyberpunk said:

Invincible was alright. Few good episodes but mostly predictable stuff.

Jupiter's Legacy is boring af. Poor makeup to make them look old and the show feels very cheap for a big Netflix production. Same plotlines has been done to death already before. The Boys is still the best series in this category.

LOL Invincible was predictable ? thats a surprising statement cause there was some amazing unpredictable moments through out 

8 hours ago, Outlook said:

LOL Invincible was predictable ? thats a surprising statement cause there was some amazing unpredictable moments through out 

Yeah he must have totally predicted that

Robot rescued the maulers to build a body which looked like Rex and his real version was a deformed mess

Or that Omni man will kill Guardians of Globe

Or  Omni man will use his son as a battling ram against a subway and murder everyone

Or Cecil will employ Sinclair to create army of Reanimen

Or  Battle Beast will beat the sh*t out of everyone and leave them for dead

Or Titan actually used Invincible to get rid of Machinehead

Or Immortal will come alive and then die instantly again

Or a Martian will come to earth and leave an astronaut behind to be taken over by sequids

So predictable :rolleyes:

On 5/16/2021 at 9:00 PM, North said:

The books are young adult, so that will not go away in all honesty but its fairly good, better than the books!

I was halfway through first Grisha book until I realized its just another young adult stuff, and dropped it right there :P