~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

5 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Man, Nathan Shelley is such a loveable character. Really felt the scene when he went out for dinner in the latest episode :(

They are setting him up to cause conflict in coming episodes due to his insecurity of Roy joining the coaching staff. Creators have suggested in their interview that show may take a dark turn this season so I am expecting this to be the root cause. 

On 8/23/2021 at 1:44 AM, dylanjosh said:

Season 2 is even better. Can't wait for the next one. 

On 8/23/2021 at 11:28 AM, R3D_D3ViL said:

This one is really good. Cant wait for the next season.

16 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Watch season 2 now.

The last 10 mins of final episode is absolutely majestic TV and sets up greatly for season 3.

f**king hell I haven't watch a show this good since forever. I'm blown away by this show and have never felt so tense while watching any TV show. This show legit left my mouth open. The pig scene is one of the most intense TV scenes I've ever seen. 

Just saw that season 3 is in October, f**k I can't wait. What a show! Season 2 hands down one of the best. The music is absolutely top class at every scene. Brian Cox and Jeremy Strong are absolutely amazing.

2 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

They are setting him up to cause conflict in coming episodes due to his insecurity of Roy joining the coaching staff. Creators have suggested in their interview that show may take a dark turn this season so I am expecting this to be the root cause. 

Well, Ted Lasso can never be dark..dark. Some conflicts here and there (Shelley was uncomfortable when Roy walked on the field - so it's already happening), but the payoff will be worth it IMO. Shelly and Roy working like friends by the end of season or S3. 

17 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Yeah, that shows from his reaction when Roy walks in on the field. I was just referring to how much he may have struggled or how many bullies he might have faced in his life, seeing what he did in the bathroom to bring his confidence back just to get a table.

21 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Well, Ted Lasso can never be dark..dark. Some conflicts here and there (Shelley was uncomfortable when Roy walked on the field - so it's already happening), but the payoff will be worth it IMO. Shelly and Roy working like friends by the end of season or S3. 

yes while it is a conflict, I do not think it will cause much havoc. Nate should remember Roy was the first one to stand up for him, back in Season 1 when he got bullied and mistreated. 

58 minutes ago, North said:

yes while it is a conflict, I do not think it will cause much havoc. Nate should remember Roy was the first one to stand up for him, back in Season 1 when he got bullied and mistreated. 

I expect they to become friends again within 1 or 2 episode. Will be a shame if they drag Nate's insecurity for long. I think Roy will make him understand he is being a dick to new laundry guy. 

21 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

I expect they to become friends again within 1 or 2 episode. Will be a shame if they drag Nate's insecurity for long. I think Roy will make him understand he is being a dick to new laundry guy. 

Yeah. Looks like it. 

48 minutes ago, Gunner-Y2J said:

Oh,will watch it.

Fair warning, the movie was made 6 years after the last episode. So some actors look aged / become fatter / thinner etc.

Also, the movie was kind of made with the knowledge that people would be watching these characters after 6 years, so there's a lot of flashbacks and recollecting "old" events and reminicising about "old" times.

This doesn't really work if you're binging everything since everything is fresh in your mind. Just saying. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Anyone watch the witcher: nightmare of the wolf?

Yes, it was great. Opening song and the fight choreography and the animation style, everything was top notch. 

Spoiler

But, shouldn’t this be in movie section since it was a movie?

52 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

10/10. Absolutely brilliant. Writing, characters, dark comedy. Perfect ! 

Brilliant thumbnail