~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

So how do these things work in Wrestling? The rights to "The Undertaker" character is owned by the guy himself or WWE ?  Can he do whatever he wants with it ?

Undertaker trademark is with WWE. He can't use that character without WWE's permission.

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Undertaker trademark is with WWE. He can't use that character without WWE's permission.

Oh ok. I've seen instances where WWE wrestlers will go to a competing company but will take their brand with them too. I guess they have negotiate with WWE then and buy the rights or the new company will buy the rights or something like that? 

5 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Oh ok. I've seen instances where WWE wrestlers will go to a competing company but will take their brand with them too. I guess they have negotiate with WWE then and buy the rights or the new company will buy the rights or something like that? 

Yes that is part of their contract. Some want full rights to their name or character and are able to negotiate it. But most characters are created by wwe creative so they own the rights. Undertaker for example was created by Vince McMahon. 

• Thanks 1

@dylanjoshone hilariously bad example of WWE misusing the characters they own is when they re-introduced Diesel and Razor Ramon characters during Attitude era, as the wrestlers Kevin Nash and Scott Hall who portrayed these characters originally had left for WCW. 

Another example is Doink the clown being played by 3 different wrestlers.

• Haha 1

Man, I am digging the new season of Circle. 

French one was the best by far, and the US season 1 was the worst. But the recent one is really really good. 

Team NICK FTW ! :wOOtjumpy:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

36 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Man, I am digging the new season of Circle. 

French one was the best by far, and the US season 1 was the worst. But the recent one is really really good. 

Team NICK FTW ! :wOOtjumpy:

Damn US S1 was the only one I watched and I really liked it. 

3 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Damn US S1 was the only one I watched and I really liked it. 

You gotta watch the France one. Superb ! 

The US S3 is ongoing, just the finale left and it's the 2nd best out of the bunch.

Super addictive, man ! :lol: