~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

2 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

I watched 5 episodes. Way too much filler stuff while very little progression on the main plot. Would have worked better as a movie or episodic. 

Selena also can't act. Always the same expression for everything. Should have kept Chevy instead of her. 

Chevy Chase? Isnt he know to be an a*s to work with?

7 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Chevy Chase? Isnt he know to be an a*s to work with?

He is. Very much. But he is also good in his roles. Sadly after Community stuff came out he hasn't gotten any TV casting. 

18 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Isn't that tooooooooooo predictable ?

It is.

He joins other side, realize he made a mistake, returns.

or

He joins, learns big club strategies or screws them over, returns.

or

He joins, gets fame and attention, realize it's not for him anymore, returns. 

or

He rejects the offer.

The setup is very predictable. 

Spoiler

I have seen everything that has ever happened. Ever will happen, ever could happen. And yet, what the hell is this? - The Watcher 

What IF...Episode 8...if Ultron Won. Fantastic episode after a bit dull Thor party one. 

Spoiler

Thanos got cut in half in seconds, SECONDS!!!

Don't get the hype for Squid Game. It's probably because Netflix got it with EN dub at launch or just got lucky like Lupin. The show started off well but the 2nd half, pacing, VIPs, police guy, acting, ending were all so poorly done to warrant such high praise it is getting at the moment. ?

8 hours ago, him2anshu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have seen everything that has ever happened. Ever will happen, ever could happen. And yet, what the hell is this? - The Watcher 

What IF...Episode 8...if Ultron Won. Fantastic episode after a bit dull Thor party one. 

Reveal hidden contents

Thanos got cut in half in seconds, SECONDS!!!

This episode was absoulte fire  .

Finished Midnight Mass.. this show is incredibly slow man. I started fast forwarding towards the end. Didn't like the long conversations and monologues the characters have, especially when something urgent is going on. 

Everything else is really top quality. Amazing acting. Especially by the priest and Bev Keane. Does a fantastic job making you hate her. 

Amazing music. Amazing cinematography. They did a great job of making you feel what its like to be on that island. Felt like I could really feel & smell the wind and shore. 

I finished Midnight Mass too.

Absolutely loved the first 5 episodes, but was let down by the final 2. It became too predictable by then, and it just wasn't as intense or as crazy as I was hoping for it to be. Even the stakes were practically nil by the end.

It still shows flashes of brilliance in those final episodes, but I just can't shake off the feeling that it had the potential to be so much more.

I know people are complaining about the monologues in this, and while I do think that a few of them felt awkwardly out of place, there are many that are just downright beautiful. The performances are pretty much excellent across the board too, with the guy who played Father Hill being the absolute standout.

• Like 1

I was watching Marvel's What If.

They should have named it What the F**k instead.

I've never seen Captain do all the whack things that they show Peggy doing in first ep. :eyepop:

Is the super soldier serum also totally buffed in this alternate reality? 

16 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I've never seen Captain do all the whack things that they show Peggy doing in first ep. :eyepop:

pre-serum Peggy was stronger than pre-serum Steve

stronger gets even more stronger 

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Continue watching. I thought 1st ep was the weakest. 

So much happened in the latest episode of Ted Lasso. Finale next week. 

Spoiler

I do not like the Roy-Teacher thing. Hopefully doesn't go anywhere. Don't think the teacher was even required and the whole art thing was out of place.

Nate continues to dig his grave but damn he can sure act. Pissing off Ted is a pretty bad move and I can see Ted already forgiving him. Nate forgetting the part where a team loses, only the coach takes all the heat and sacked too. The scene with Keeley was coming when she decided to fix his tie. 

The Roy-Keeley scene kept escalating further. He sure got pissed after hearing Jamie's name. Hopefully, it won't affect the Roy-Jamie thing. Don't think he will beat Nate either. Probably a proposal coming.

Akufo, who thinks billionaires shouldn't exist sure love the perks it has lol. 

Trent burning his source sure respects Ted and Richmond as a whole. Was nice to see.

Ted expression reading the letter was great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

So much happened in the latest episode of Ted Lasso. Finale next week. 

Reveal hidden contents

I do not like the Roy-Teacher thing. Hopefully doesn't go anywhere. Don't think the teacher was even required and the whole art thing was out of place.

Nate continues to dig his grave but damn he can sure act. Pissing off Ted is a pretty bad move and I can see Ted already forgiving him. Nate forgetting the part where a team loses, only the coach takes all the heat and sacked too. The scene with Keeley was coming when she decided to fix his tie. 

The Roy-Keeley scene kept escalating further. He sure got pissed after hearing Jamie's name. Hopefully, it won't affect the Roy-Jamie thing. Don't think he will beat Nate either. Probably a proposal coming.

Akufo, who thinks billionaires shouldn't exist sure love the perks it has lol. 

Trent burning his source sure respects Ted and Richmond as a whole. Was nice to see.

Ted expression reading the letter was great. 

Did you notice Prateek Kuhad's song - Cold Mess playing in the last few scenes. Also, Nate's story arc has been too predictable this season. Great episode nonetheless. 

• Like 2