~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

11 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Curb your enthusiasm latest episode is one of the best ever :rofl: That conversation between Seth Rogen and Larry David :rofl:

Also Tom and Gregg in Succession latest episode :roflroll:

It's not a good look. - CYE

You seem to be happy, even though I should be happy but you are. Why? - Succession

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2021 at 5:48 AM, Joe Cool said:

Wheel of Time episode 4 - damn, the last 15 minutes were:wOOtjumpy:

A very good way to start off Logain and Liandrin. 

Hide contents

Didn't expect the ending. 
Thought Lan Mandragoran died. Was so sad but then Nynaeve ?

Good episode but CGI can be better. 

Fav new show right now. Yes, CGI in some patches needs to be better, maybe budget issue. Liking the way story is evolving. 

• Like 1

@North Is it just me or are they smoothing out Egwene's character in the WoT TV Show? From what I remember from the books (It's been some time since I read it) - Egwene was annoying and insufferable. She certainly was far too arrogant later down the line definitely (That I remember clearly). Her character seems more muted here.

7 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@North Is it just me or are they smoothing out Egwene's character in the WoT TV Show? From what I remember from the books (It's been some time since I read it) - Egwene was annoying and insufferable. She certainly was far too arrogant later down the line definitely (That I remember clearly). Her character seems more muted here.

100%. I really like her till now. 

38 minutes ago, roun90 said:

29 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

100%. I really like her till now. 

I f**king HATED Egwene in the books. Insufferable arrogant bitch.

But she wasn't so far gone in Books 1 and 2, and this season is mostly that, so we may get that later. 

I'm not willing to like Egwene, I despise her with a passion.

Egwene spoilers for books, for @roun90 @dylanjosh WHEEL OF TIME SPOILERS

Spoiler

In Book 1, Egwene is busy dancing away with Aram when they meet the Tinkers. But here, she has concern for Perrin - she looks out for him a couple times while dancing, which is not the case in the books. In the books, Perrin just observes her having a good time from a distance. This isn't much however.

In Book 3, Egwene starts evolving into the bitch she is - when Mat rescues all three of our power girls from the cell in the Stone of Tear. Instead of being grateful, she disses Mat instead. Elayne does the same as well - but she apologises for the same in later books, and that makes it slightly better.

When Egwene starts getting importance from the Aiel Wise Women in book 4-5, that is when the arrogance really gets to her head.

In Book 13. when she finally officially becomes Amyrlin Seat, she doesn't take on Siuan Sanche as her Keeper of the Chronicles, despite it was Siuan who taught her everything she knew - and she was expecting to be asked to be Egwene's keeper. Instead, Egwene takes on a Red Ajah Aes Sedai to solidify her position as Amyrlin Seat.

Countless examples of Egwene being a pathetic bitch, but so far in the show she's fine.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, North said:

I f**king HATED Egwene in the books. Insufferable arrogant bitch.

But she wasn't so far gone in Books 1 and 2, and this season is mostly that, so we may get that later. 

I'm not willing to like Egwene, I despise her with a passion.

Egwene spoilers for books, for @roun90 @dylanjosh WHEEL OF TIME SPOILERS

Reveal hidden contents

In Book 1, Egwene is busy dancing away with Aram when they meet the Tinkers. But here, she has concern for Perrin - she looks out for him a couple times while dancing, which is not the case in the books. In the books, Perrin just observes her having a good time from a distance. This isn't much however.

In Book 3, Egwene starts evolving into the bitch she is - when Mat rescues all three of our power girls from the cell in the Stone of Tear. Instead of being grateful, she disses Mat instead. Elayne does the same as well - but she apologises for the same in later books, and that makes it slightly better.

When Egwene starts getting importance from the Aiel Wise Women in book 4-5, that is when the arrogance really gets to her head.

In Book 13. when she finally officially becomes Amyrlin Seat, she doesn't take on Siuan Sanche as her Keeper of the Chronicles, despite it was Siuan who taught her everything she knew - and she was expecting to be asked to be Egwene's keeper. Instead, Egwene takes on a Red Ajah Aes Sedai to solidify her position as Amyrlin Seat.

Countless examples of Egwene being a pathetic bitch, but so far in the show she's fine.

From what I remember of Egwene -

Spoiler

1) She always put down and insulted Mat - simply because he was the prankster during the Two Rivers days, despite Mat literally saving her

2) She was the first in line to call Rand mad, and always be afraid of Rand, always in favor of curtailing him more and more - this time she forgot her friendship of the Two Rivers days.

3) She was IMO power-hungry. She wanted to be wisdom, then jumped at the Aes Sedai upgrade, then jumped at the Amrylin Seat upgrade. She never much faced much consequences for any of this (Other than extra chores during the White Tower capture by rebels, along with caning and being made to do chores)

4) The most unforgivable one - she literally almost re-instated the Gender War during The Last Battle, arguing with Rand over the breaking of the seals - despite knowing that Rand was right, and knowing how to craft new seals. All because of an obscure title that The Amrylin was the keeper of the seals, despite it being a decorative title (No Amrylin had ever held the seals in actuality). All this links to the power-hungry/prestige-hungry point above. It took Moiraine to correct her, or it would have been a re-enactment of the previous breaking - all due to her pride.

Frankly, of all the female characters made by  Robert Jordan - Min was my favorite. She was a true friend, always helpful through thick and thin. Not power-hungry in the least. Rest everyone (Elayne, Egwene, Aviendha, Moiraine, Cadsuan - everyone had ulterior motives, and would throw everyone else to the dogs to achieve it. Min was the only one who stuck through for friendship, despite seeing exceedingly bad days, including Rand's increasing madness. Among Brandon Sanderson's introductions - Pevara was the best.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 10:52 PM, Big Boss said:

Curb your enthusiasm latest episode is one of the best ever :rofl: That conversation between Seth Rogen and Larry David :rofl:

Also Tom and Gregg in Succession latest episode :roflroll:

Succession last episode was so depressing. I cringed whenever shiv opened her mouth. Tom is the main character of the show. The show will fail if tom's character is removed.

Edited by Bhpian Bali

23 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Succession last episode was so depressing. I cringed whenever shiv opened her mouth. Tom is the main character of the show. The show will fail if tom's character is removed.

Shiv is proper a**hole. In fact all of them are, except maybe Tom.

On 11/30/2021 at 2:03 AM, Joe Cool said:

Dexter keeps getting better with each new episode. The latest one was so good. 

I know right!! I missed Dex soo much and after S8 of the last series, glad to have an episode like last one. Things are a bit predictable but I am happy nonetheless  :lol:

23 hours ago, him2anshu said:

Glad to hear it, waiting for the season to end so that I can binge watch it. The dark passenger inside me is getting restless.

I was planning to do this but can't wait. Been a while since I watched a show weekly rather than binging it when the season ends.

41 minutes ago, b!T said:

I was planning to do this but can't wait. Been a while since I watched a show weekly rather than binging it when the season ends.

I have a long list of pending shows, thus, I am ready to wait - watching Arcane and Narcos these days. But, I very well understand your situation, Dexter is just too tempting. 

HBO axed First ‘Game of Thrones’ spinoff after spending ‘over $30 million’ on the Pilot

”They had spent over $30 million on a ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel pilot that was in production when I got there. And when I saw a cut of it in a few months after I arrived, I said to [HBO boss Casey Bloys], ‘This just doesn’t work and I don’t think it delivers on the promise of the original series.’ And he didn’t disagree, which actually was a relief.”

“So we unfortunately decided to pull the plug on it,” Greenblatt continued. “There was enormous pressure to get it right and I don’t think that would have worked.”

51 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Why does this not surprise me? If HBO had hired a decent writer after GRRM left and cracked the whip on D&D to at least get some proper seasons and a proper ending (both non-rushed) - there would have been some promise left in GoT. As it is -  the last 2 seasons have poisoned the entire GoT well. I don't think anyone is hyped for GoT prequels, despite those being written by GRRM himself. Not to mention, prequels, by definition will always be marred by the actual show's ending, since that happens in the future.

It's no surprise D&D are not in any show these days. They rushed GoT to jump on Star Wars, and even Disney dumped them after seeing the quality of the last 2 seasons.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Hype!! Hope its better than the last couple of seasons though. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Season 12 was good. 13 and 14 were average. Only 2-4 good episodes. 

Will watch today. 

I am watching Ep2 now and this season is on the similar level as last two. 

Episode 1 - No laughs. Wasn't great. Too much politics and half of the episodes just sit down and talk about the issue instead of running around doing stuff/schemes. The jokes were also just lazy nostalgia references. At least COVID and election stuff are over. 

Episode 2 - was better than episode 1 but still meh. So much woke meta stuff zzz.