~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Wheel of Time episode 5 looked great. From Tar Valon to cosmetics to interiors to city & people. Everything was beautifully done. :thumbsup:

Bit slow pacer though and not much happened but instantly liked Loial and his lines. 

Stepin: 

Spoiler

Damn. He looked suicidal from start and felt like it was dragged too much. We already know the bond between Aes Sedai and warder is strong but somehow the show managed to waste half of the runtime telling what we already know. The Aes Sedai who died in the last episode was barely known (at least to show only viewers), so wasting time on Stepin was too much. 

Overall still felt like a filler episode. Bit disappointing as it looks like there is plenty left to tell and show but only 3 episodes left... 

Edited by Joe Cool

The latest episode of Succession is on another level, this show is consistently getting better with each episode.

Spoiler

The whole interaction between Roy and Kendall at the dinner was brutal, using own grandson to check if the food is poisoned. 

Also, the scene with Siobhan and Tom when she tells him she deserves better and she doesn't love him and still he wants her during the dirty talk and the chat afterwards about freezing the eggs, makes you feel real pity for Tom.

Also,

Hyped for this one - 

Edited by him2anshu

On 12/4/2021 at 3:07 PM, Joe Cool said:

Wheel of Time episode 5 looked great. From Tar Valon to cosmetics to interiors to city & people. Everything was beautifully done. :thumbsup:

Bit slow pacer though and not much happened but instantly liked Loial and his lines. 

Stepin: 

Reveal hidden contents

Damn. He looked suicidal from start and felt like it was dragged too much. We already know the bond between Aes Sedai and warder is strong but somehow the show managed to waste half of the runtime telling what we already know. The Aes Sedai who died in the last episode was barely known (at least to show only viewers), so wasting time on Stepin was too much. 

Overall still felt like a filler episode. Bit disappointing as it looks like there is plenty left to tell and show but only 3 episodes left... 

Yep. Similar thoughts. Too much time wasted on this warder bond. That said, I really love the actor for Lan. He's doing an amazing job. I think he's my fav character right now. 

When I read the book I imagined Loial to be more like Shrek lol. 

Lots of book readers are very mad at this episode because they changed up locations.  In the first book we never visit Tar Valon. Instead we visit Caemlyn and meet some other important characters there. Looks like those characters are cut out of the tv show this season.

I think it kinda makes sense. We hear so much of Aes Sedai and the White Tower throughout the previous episodes, so it makes sense to go here. 

Edited by dylanjosh

Stepin: 

Hide contents

Yup, complete filler episode. Don't know why they need such episodes when the season itself is so short. If it was at least a 12/24 episode season, they could go ahead with fillers all they want. Useless as of now.

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Yep. Similar thoughts. Too much time wasted on this warder bond. That said, I really love the actor for Lan. He's doing an amazing job. I think he's my fav character right now. 

When I read the book I imagined Loial to be more like Shrek lol. 

Lots of book readers are very mad at this episode because they changed up locations.  In the first book we never visit Tar Valon. Instead we visit Caemlyn and meet some other important characters there. Looks like those characters are cut out of the tv show this season.

I think it kinda makes sense. We hear so much of Aes Sedai and the White Tower throughout the previous episodes, so it makes sense to go here. 

Far too many changes tbqh. Is he 2nd season even confirmed yet? If not, at the rate they are going -

Spoiler

They might as well reveal anyone to be the Dragon Reborn, make the Eye of the World a super-weapon the DR uses to kill off the Dark One, and end the show altogether. Super generic Hollywood style

Show is very entertaining, because the actors are good. They actually made the characters far more likable than their book counter-parts. But they are veering off far too much into their own original content to my liking. Hope they don't mess up.

Edited by roun90

17 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Far too many changes tbqh. Is he 2nd season even confirmed yet? If not, at the rate they are going -

Yes its confirmed. Also, the actor for Mat has been replaced because the current actor dropped out due to unknown reasons. Sad really, he's doing a fine job. 

Edited by dylanjosh

11 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Yes its confirmed. Also, the actor for Mat has been replaced because the current actor dropped out due to unknown reasons. Sad really, he's doing a fine job. 

That is sad. Current Mat has been phenomenal (all actors have been really). Wonder why he dropped out? It was such a great opportunity for a new actor to make it big. Hopefully, it's not because he was forced out so Amazon could hire some big name in his place.

5 minutes ago, roun90 said:

That is sad. Current Mat has been phenomenal (all actors have been really). Wonder why he dropped out? It was such a great opportunity for a new actor to make it big. Hopefully, it's not because he was forced out so Amazon could hire some big name in his place.

There were rumours saying he was unwell but nothing confirmed

Stepin: 

Hide contents

Essentially the Warder-Aes Sedai bond is extremely important and they felt like it should be demonstrated. This does not happen in the books at all either, but we see it at different points.

As far as plenty to tell lmao - there are 15 thick a*s books of this haha

I don't see this wrapping up before 8-9 seasons at least 

Loial is a fantastic companion for our main cast, I like him. 

2 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Finished season 5 of the expanse …..what an underrated gem of a show :majesty:

cant wait for season 6! 

Underrated?! 

This thing has almost perfect scores from season 2 to season 5.

Michael C. Hall as Dexter is such a unique character and he does it so well. ?

The party scene went on for a bit long but otherwise good episode of Dexter. Only 5 more episodes left sadly. 

3 hours ago, North said:

As far as plenty to tell lmao - there are 15 thick a*s books of this haha

I don't see this wrapping up before 8-9 seasons at least 

Something tells me we won't get that many seasons. The budget and rating will probably can the show but hope am wrong. 

So far I'm enjoying the weekly episode. :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Michael C. Hall as Dexter is such a unique character and he does it so well. ?

The party scene went on for a bit long but otherwise good episode of Dexter. Only 5 more episodes left sadly. 

Another fine episode. Also is it confirmed that it is only for a single season?