~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

4 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

About halfway through the season of Arcane and I have to say, it's one big masterpiece. 

Literally everything from the ost, world building to the art design, characters, stories, everything is just perfect. 

The animation is just some of the best I've ever seen. It has a real character to it with some excellent camera work and very interesting shots. Even What If has a similar style but Arcane's animations have a lot of character to them. Incredible sh*t. Very stylised and grounded at the same time. 

Recommend everyone to watch it. 

Just wait until that ending.

I am in love with Jinx :wub:

• Like 1

Finished watching Witcher Season 2.

Books fan will criticize ofc, but I really enjoyed it.

Also, I think the final scene of the last episode will definitely surprise people who haven't read the books or played Witcher III. 

Done with The Wheel of Time finale

Hmmm. That was quite bad with some awful acting and dialogues. 

Spoiler

The emotional stuff felt shallow and flat.

The battle and CGI looked quite bad.

Some random ward guy that I don't remember got screentime. 

Why kill Loial randomly? ?

Why kill Nynaeve then bring her back within a minute??

Padain Fain was a surprise. That was nice. 

Scenes with dark one were also okay but somewhat confusing. 

The dark one's big play was just to show some baby to bribe Rand? That was very anti-climatic for all the hype. 

5/10 for season 1. Below average. Could be so much better but I don't think it will reach that. Probably cancelled if it stays like this. 

This does not give hope for the LOTR show. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 7:23 PM, b!T said:

Man, Dexter next episode is gonna be awesome :wOOtjumpy: I didn't enjoy 7 and 8 as much as previous 6 but things are getting set up for an epic finale.

Episode 7 expected more but at least it added some stuff to the police plot. 

I liked episode 8.

Spoiler

Felt bad for Harrison. The kid has been let down so many times. ? The ending scene with Dexter must have meant so much to him. Would really suck for him if Dexter dies. 

Didn't expect Kurt to come out in his full white gear. That was a freaky scene. Clancy Brown is amazing. 

Dexter coming out of the mirror scene was hilarious. The guy went who the hell are you?! ?

Very nice mini-series. Shame only 2 episode left. 

• Like 1

Also done with Emily in Paris season 2. Nope. Just didn't do anything. Lots of fluff just to get back where they were in season 1 and too many Mindy singing scenes. At times felt like Mindy in Paris with the amount of screentime she had.

Both Emily and Gabriel and so unlikeable. Trash characters. 

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Done with The Wheel of Time finale

Hmmm. That was quite bad with some awful acting and dialogues. 

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

The emotional stuff felt shallow and flat.

The battle and CGI looked quite bad.

Some random ward guy that I don't remember got screentime. 

Why kill Loial randomly? ?

Why kill Nynaeve then bring her back within a minute??

Padain Fain was a surprise. That was nice. 

Scenes with dark one were also okay but somewhat confusing. 

The dark one's big play was just to show some baby to bribe Rand? That was very anti-climatic for all the hype. 

5/10 for season 1. Below average. Could be so much better but I don't think it will reach that. Probably cancelled if it stays like this. 

This does not give hope for the LOTR show. 

The show has essentially completely diverged from the books, and the last episode essentially reinforces it. Spoilers for show only -

Spoiler

-  Loial is a major character in the books. There are entire arcs of his story, and major ones at that. All of that is pretty much finished by his pointless death.

- The entire Eye of the World plot is pretty much completely changed. It's pretty stupid at the moment. This entire plot-line was never there in the books. The Eye of the World plot was completely different.

- Heck, The actual "Eye of the World" itself (i.e. what The Eye of the World means) is completely different in the books.

- The relationships between each of the characters is completely different.

- Heck, even the characters act completely different. These guys cannot be called Rand, Mat, Perrin or Egwene in any way. Only Nynaeve, Lan and Moiraine have at least some semblance of acting as per the books.

- They shoehorned in tons of romance, and f**k tons of cheesiness. This has essentially ruined the show. The books were never so sappy. Here, we are treated to almost 4 episodes worth of useless romance and so-called "heartfelt talks", on a season of 8 episodes. It might as well be a CW show.

- Padan Fain is completely out of character. Can't tell how without spoiling the books.

- Thom is another major character, and he had a screen-time of 5 minutes in 1 episode. Then he just magically disappears. Absolutely miserable. What even happened to him in the show?

- In the same vein as Thom, they cut out entire arcs of the books. Rand and Mat are made to magically come to Tar Valon, when they do not even go there in the 1st book. Their entire adventures when they were separated from the others are completely cut out.

Overall, these guys are making their own show. Another case of "We know better than the actual author and creator of a celebrated and very highly rated story series". I think this will have the same fate as Game of Thrones Seasons 7&8. At least there D&D had no choice, but to come up with their own story since GRRM did not finish his series. Here they have a complete series, that they are not just butchering - but rather completely ignoring it to tell their own story.

As for LOTR, I have no hopes at all. These Amazon "Writers" seem to think they can tell better stories than the actual legendary authors. With their track record, I think they will tell their own story that they feel would be better than the person who literally invented modern fantasy and his own languages along with it to boot. They kight think pouring in money to bury it in CG is enough to make a great show. It's completely ridiculous. There's a reason The Lord of the Rings movies are held in such high regard, whereas most people actively dislike The Hobbit movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Those who don't play league will like this too i hope? 

I dont play that game but i want to watch this 

Yes, it is a prequel story to the games and not directly connected to them. You will like the animation, soundtrack, voice acting and almost everything else about this show. It’s a great show and a good introduction point to the game’s lore.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, roun90 said:

The show has essentially completely diverged from the books, and the last episode essentially reinforces it. Spoilers for show only -

Overall, these guys are making their own show. Another case of "We know better than the actual author and creator of a celebrated and very highly rated story series". I think this will have the same fate as Game of Thrones Seasons 7&8. At least there D&D had no choice, but to come up with their own story since GRRM did not finish his series. Here they have a complete series, that they are not just butchering - but rather completely ignoring it to tell their own story.

As for LOTR, I have no hopes at all. These Amazon "Writers" seem to think they can tell better stories than the actual legendary authors. With their track record, I think they will tell their own story that they feel would be better than the person who literally invented modern fantasy and his own languages along with it to boot. They kight think pouring in money to bury it in CG is enough to make a great show. It's completely ridiculous. There's a reason The Lord of the Rings movies are held in such high regard, whereas most people actively dislike The Hobbit movies.

Yikes. Those are some big changes and totally unnecessary. Wish they followed original source/books instead of trying to make their own thing...badly. 

No wonder people are not happy with the finale. The whole WoT sub is disappointed.  

7 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Those who don't play league will like this too i hope? 

I dont play that game but i want to watch this 

Yep. You will also enjoy it more if you didn't know about League as you will get to see and learn more about the characters. 

A good way to get into League world. Great show.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Felt bad for Harrison. The kid has been let down so many times. ? The ending scene with Dexter must have meant so much to him. Would really suck for him if Dexter dies. 

Didn't expect Kurt to come out in his full white gear. That was a freaky scene. Clancy Brown is amazing. 

Dexter coming out of the mirror scene was hilarious. The guy went who the hell are you?! ?

Very nice mini-series. Shame only 2 episode left. 

Spoiler

True, Clancy brown is incredible. Also Dexter killing that henchman was hilarious and kinda threw light to the ferocity of the old Dexter. It will really really suck if they kill off Dex.

8 hours ago, him2anshu said:

Yes, it is a prequel story to the games and not directly connected to them. You will like the animation, soundtrack, voice acting and almost everything else about this show. It’s a great show and a good introduction point to the game’s lore.

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Yep. You will also enjoy it more if you didn't know about League as you will get to see and learn more about the characters. 

A good way to get into League world. Great show.

Awesome! Thanks guys :cheers:

will definitely watch it!

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

5 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Finished Witcher Season 2. Found it very entertaining.

Disappointed with a couple of deaths, wasn't expecting it even though only played the 3rd game and read none of the books.

Still, enjoyed it overall.

I have read the first two short story collections and just started on the novels. Played Witcher 1, 2 and haven't completed 3 yet. The series seems to have taken a lot of liberties with the actual events, but seem to follow the story thread from the books. The world-building is far far better than Wheel of Time and am really liking the core cast well. 

The actor who plays Dandenlion nails it. Geralt and Yennefer are good. Ciri, Vesemir are okay. Triss is a major disappointment for me personally. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1