~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

7 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

I have read the first two short story collections and just started on the novels. Played Witcher 1, 2 and haven't completed 3 yet. The series seems to have taken a lot of liberties with the actual events, but seem to follow the story thread from the books. The world-building is far far better than Wheel of Time and am really liking the core cast well. 

The actor who plays Dandenlion nails it. Geralt and Yennefer are good. Ciri, Vesemir are okay. Triss is a major disappointment for me personally. 

This is such a sad part. Because if you read the source materials, the world building in Wheel of Time is so far ahead of Witcher that it makes The Witcher seem like a joke. Shows how much these so called "Directors" should never be allowed to alter the source material too much for their so-called useless "Vision". Pay to adapt a series - then adapt it by staying true to the source to the best of your ability and then get out.

7 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

I have read the first two short story collections and just started on the novels. Played Witcher 1, 2 and haven't completed 3 yet. The series seems to have taken a lot of liberties with the actual events, but seem to follow the story thread from the books. The world-building is far far better than Wheel of Time and am really liking the core cast well. 

The actor who plays Dandenlion nails it. Geralt and Yennefer are good. Ciri, Vesemir are okay. Triss is a major disappointment for me personally. 

Spoiler question:

Spoiler

In the books, do Ezekiel and Roach somehow come back?! Or do they not die at all and this is something the showmakers cooked up?

Also, what's up with that trailer at the end for Blood Origins, is it canon and based on some book or entirely new stories taking place in the world of Witcher?

Cobra Kai season 4 out on Netflix :dance:
My sister in law and kids are staying with us so we spend most of time watching movies and all.

Still managed to watch the first episode. What a fantastic build up for the season and really excited for the new character introduced who I am not naming here. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Done with season 4. That was very entertaining. Like 8/10 level with good pacing, good fights, good references, a good amount of laughs too. 

Some thoughts:

Spoiler

Glad Tory won but also not happy that the ref got bribed. This will haunt her next season and Sam getting a clean win will suck. :/

Was rooting for Robbie to win clean but didn't happen. He is leagues above and should have won easily. The fight was fantastic at least.

Tired of Sam love crap. Sam in general sucks. Her character is shite and brings Miguel down so much it is tiring to see. Going to be another season of I lost sad crap from her. 

Tory and Sam's stuff need to over already. Super repetitive. 

Miguel got done dirty and the whole dad stuff felt forced.

Needed more karate and training. The new characters needed some development too but only Kenny had some scenes while the other 2 didn't.

Silver was amazing as the antagonist. Didn't see the ending coming but sets up well for next season.

Kreese change of character and team up with LaRusso/Johnny??? 

The bet felt weird with going from Cobra Kai loses and shuts down or wins and opens season for new kids to whoever loses shuts down. But then Daniel just decides to break the agreement and now wants to continue again. 

Still a very good season. Sucks having to wait for another year for season 5. 

Edited by Joe Cool

Thoroughly enjoyed Cobra kai this season. Final fight was awesome and has to be the best choreographed of the series. Silver was brilliant. Very excited for next season whose filming has already been done.

Oh ya and that final scene with the guy who I don't wanna name pairing up with Daniel [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Started watching Dopesick on hotstar and it's a real eye opener. It's about how Purdue Pharma spearheaded a campaign which left millions of unsuspecting Americans with debilitating drug addiction through widespread corruption and malpractice.

The actors are also really good. So good that you really end up hating them. 

Do watch it, guys. 

Read the book. 

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2021 at 2:33 PM, gecko89 said:

Spoiler question:

Hide contents

In the books, do Ezekiel and Roach somehow come back?! Or do they not die at all and this is something the showmakers cooked up?

Also, what's up with that trailer at the end for Blood Origins, is it canon and based on some book or entirely new stories taking place in the world of Witcher?

Spoiler

Eskel doesn't die in the games (Witcher 3 is set quite a good number of years in the future). I haven't gone too far into the books yet, but I am pretty sure he doesn't die like the way it's been depicted in the series. Yennefer also doesn't lose her powers btw.

In the books, Geralt mentions that he names every horse he's owned as Roach. So my guess is that Roach has died a couple of times. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2022 at 3:16 AM, Joe Cool said:

Done with season 4. That was very entertaining. Like 8/10 level with good pacing, good fights, good references, a good amount of laughs too. 

Some thoughts:

Hide contents

Glad Tory won but also not happy that the ref got bribed. This will haunt her next season and Sam getting a clean win will suck. :/

Was rooting for Robbie to win clean but didn't happen. He is leagues above and should have won easily. The fight was fantastic at least.

Tired of Sam love crap. Sam in general sucks. Her character is shite and brings Miguel down so much it is tiring to see. Going to be another season of I lost sad crap from her. 

Tory and Sam's stuff need to over already. Super repetitive. 

Miguel got done dirty and the whole dad stuff felt forced.

Needed more karate and training. The new characters needed some development too but only Kenny had some scenes while the other 2 didn't.

Silver was amazing as the antagonist. Didn't see the ending coming but sets up well for next season.

Kreese change of character and team up with LaRusso/Johnny??? 

The bet felt weird with going from Cobra Kai loses and shuts down or wins and opens season for new kids to whoever loses shuts down. But then Daniel just decides to break the agreement and now wants to continue again. 

Still a very good season. Sucks having to wait for another year for season 5. 

Another good season of Cobra Kai. Though i prefer the earlier seasons.

Spoiler

They are absolutely building towards Sam turning to the dark side in the next season. Unfortunately them being the 2 girl fighters on the show their arc just revolves around each other. Glad tory got a better story line this season was tired of her same psychopath shtick the past 2. Sam still sucks unfortunately. 

Going to Mexico felt forced but the drunk Johnny and Miguel scene was very powerful. Best Xolo has ever been on the show. I hope he is in top form for the next season.

I hope they don't go with a Kreese redemption arc. He doesn't deserve it.

Yeah agreed with the bet I think it would have been fine if 4th was the last season and Cobra Kai shuts down and the kids graduate to college but now it is weird to have Daniel of all people break a bet.

At the end I am glad Hawk won he embodied being in balance with oneself, technical fight skills only matter so much in a fight. That's literally how the first Karate Kid ended too. A much less experienced Daniel taking out a hot head who is conflicted Johnny. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 3:31 AM, b!T said:

Dexter episode 9. Loved it and can't wait for the finale.

That trophy room..damn chills. The scene after that too. Bone chilling. 

Really going to miss Dexter once this is all over. What a crazy character. 

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

I so wish we can get another season though it isn't planned. Even Harrison has grown on me these last 2 episodes. 

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Very true. Never thought I will be rooting so much for a serial killer :lol: That trophy scene was unsettling yet bloody brilliant.

A confession.

Such a compelling little mini series. 
Martin freeman again plays a very understated role without any over the top outbursts. I like the fact they focused mostly in the facts as this is based on a true story and at the end of final episode we get to see the real characters involved. Also shows how no justice system is fully correct in its procedures.