~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

2 hours ago, KrIzAliD said:

Obi wan Kenobi is just :wub:

Loved both the episode!!

Cinematography and Ewan's performance were great, everything else was just average. Still looking forward to upcoming episodes, maybe things will improve with the arrival of other returning characters.

Spoiler

Princess Leia actress should have been a bit older and editing could have been better in order to make chase scenes more believable. Temeura's clone cameo was surprising and welcomed.

4 hours ago, him2anshu said:

Cinematography and Ewan's performance were great, everything else was just average.

Same feeling after watching the first episode. I would say it was subpar even.

Also, how funny was this chase scene :lol:

Spoiler

Edited by STICK3Rboy

5 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Also, how funny was this chase scene :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

This one was funnier but by episode 2, the chases became ridiculous.

Spoiler

No one, not even our titular hero was able to match her speed. The whole rooftop sequence was bad direction. Also, Reya’s jumping and running looked fake too, cable work was clearly noticeable.

Editing needs lot of improvements.

• Haha 1

Binged Season 4 of Stranger Things. Picks up from second episode onwards and never look back! Didn't like Eleven's Story line but it does connect to a major plot point in the end so it wasn't really all for nothing! Rest everything is good. Kids running around solving mysteries and sh*t! 

While the run time is a bit long, I don't mind it. In fact, I actually liked it. It just means more Stranger Things!!!! 

2 episodes left! I hope they deliver! 

22 hours ago, dante77 said:

Binged Season 4 of Stranger Things. Picks up from second episode onwards and never look back! Didn't like Eleven's Story line but it does connect to a major plot point in the end so it wasn't really all for nothing! Rest everything is good. Kids running around solving mysteries and sh*t! 

While the run time is a bit long, I don't mind it. In fact, I actually liked it. It just means more Stranger Things!!!! 

2 episodes left! I hope they deliver! 

5 hours ago, hazard12345 said:

Done with season 4 part 1 as well. Screenplay is a bit predictable but not the overall plot which is brilliant.

Still 4 hours of the season left.

Looking forward to it.

Loving the season so far (4 episodes in), they have nailed the endings of each episode. Good stuff. 

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Watched rocket boys.

Liked it a lot when it started about two different individuals, great acting and music and even the love stories were sweet.

Got boring towards the end when it was too much politics and also got a bit filmy.

Historically inaccurate btw. 

12 hours ago, hazard12345 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Major ST 4 Spoilers: Outstanding backstory for a Villain

Spoiler

Yup. Kinda guessed it when he asked El to remove the device from his neck, and then proceeded to show 001. Great turnaround for El's story nevertheless. It was the only arc getting boring after a while. In short, El created Vecna.

GG, El. 

15 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hide contents

Yup. Kinda guessed it when he asked El to remove the device from his neck, and then proceeded to show 001. Great turnaround for El's story nevertheless. It was the only arc getting boring after a while. In short, El created Vecna.

GG, El. 

Yes. This is the only saving Grace of El's story. I found El's boring otherwise but it lead to this moment so it wasn't all for nothing. 

My only other issue is 

FAIL! Because spoiler tag doesn't work!!! 

Edited by dante77

Ok. Cleared. Thanks guys. 

In my defense, there was no spoiler tag option so put the code myself. Also, wasn't that big of a spoiler anyway :p

Anyway, I don't see any spoiler option on mobile and full desktop version using Chrome on my phone. How do you guys do it? 

On 5/29/2022 at 10:35 AM, cyberpunk said:

Yeah good to see Ewan back. At least it's more interesting than Book of Boba mid so far. :lol: 

From what I seen so far, it seems to be nearing that mark. The writing and direction are horrendous. Also too much screen time to Ingram/third sister. Ewan is totally a broken man exactly like Luke skywalker in the Last Jedi. 

as always, Darth Vader is way more powerful in the comics/videogame than in the tv show. 

It's easy to see why Stranger Things is the best show on Netflix. What a rocking season and we still have 4 hours of content to come in July. I was taken aback with the amount of Gore and dark direction they went with this season, absolutely magnificent.

The entire episode 7 and the ending especially has to be one of the best in TV making.. 

The extended time for each episode is such a relief as Duffer brothers had the freedom to experiment with each relationship and character as much as they want. 

Dusten and Steve remains my favourite but the MVP this season has to be Murray. What a character and so versatile. Also the new addition Eddie has been quite good.