~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Watching 13 reasons why.

Halfway.

Disappointed and overrated.

Everybody's just a dick and the Flashbacks are fine but

The present scenario is so repetitive, same thing again and again, the episodes are needlessly stretched.

Probably just finish season 1 nie and stop.

Watching Suits. Binged 2 seasons already. It's soo good! I was avoiding it despite getting high praises for this show mainly because I looked at the posters and I thought it would be a boring Legal show with people just talking about a case with no music and all. 

Why the f**k would I think that???! A show about people just talking complicated stuff that I wouldn't understand? Lol

Anyway, apart from good legal stuff. This show is just pure office politics at best. Something I never thought I would enjoy. I don't think there is any other series/movie that goes this much into detail of office politics. 

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Watching Suits. Binged 2 seasons already. It's soo good! I was avoiding it despite getting high praises for this show mainly because I looked at the posters and I thought it would be a boring Legal show with people just talking about a case with no music and all. 

Why the f**k would I think that???! A show about people just talking complicated stuff that I wouldn't understand? Lol

Anyway, apart from good legal stuff. This show is just pure office politics at best. Something I never thought I would enjoy. I don't think there is any other series/movie that goes this much into detail of office politics. 

Mad men is the epitome of office politics and far superior to suits.  The good wife and the good fight are also kinda legal/office politics thrillers which are much better. Even 'the office(us version)' is pretty good, although its more of a satire.  There's also 'Billions', and 'newsroom', but they are more on the stock market/media business, but most of the show is about inter office/personnel relationships !!

Edited by Ne0

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Suits is basically a show where one character throws a punchline and walks away. Every damn scene. It will ruin the show for many but i stopped watching it for the same reason. 

2 hours ago, dante77 said:

Unpopular opinion, but Suits is pretty sh*t. The protagonists are egoistic as f**k, and it just expects you to enjoy punchline after punchline, with little actual story. Almost everyone in the office is an A&F model. 

I just left after a few episodes. 

Technically, Boston Legal is in the same genre, but a far far far superior show. 

1 hour ago, KrIzAliD said:

The boys Season 3 episode 1 only 12 min in and WTF!!! :sign_omg:

Wait till you reach the end. Nothing beats the "tickle my prostrate and sneeze" though. At this point, they're just blowing up as many people as they can. Getting closer to the comics. :lol:

32 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Wait till you reach the end. Nothing beats the "tickle my prostrate and sneeze" though. At this point, they're just blowing up as many people as they can. Getting closer to the comics. :lol:

dude that whole sequence in just 10 mins into the show is just :suicide:

and that dig at the Snyder cut :rofl:

30 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Season 3 of the Boys goes hard, man. 

So much better than the previous one. 

f**king diabolical. 

All seasons are great, but this one goes closer to the comics. The first 15 mins are just fan service ! 

Saw 2 eps of the The Boys S3. Crazy sh*t. I love how they straight up explore whatever weird stuff is only implied by the DC/Marvel universes. 

Also so great to have Karl Urban's scenary chewing and Anthony Starr's psychopathic emotions on display again. 

On 6/3/2022 at 6:04 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Unpopular opinion, but Suits is pretty sh*t. The protagonists are egoistic as f**k, and it just expects you to enjoy punchline after punchline, with little actual story. Almost everyone in the office is an A&F model. 

I just left after a few episodes. 

Yeah I felt the same.  Couldn't watch more than a couple of episodes. 

8 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Saw 2 eps of the The Boys S3. Crazy sh*t. I love how they straight up explore whatever weird stuff is only implied by the DC/Marvel universes. 

Also so great to have Karl Urban's scenary chewing and Anthony Starr's psychopathic emotions on display again. 

Yeah I felt the same.  Couldn't watch more than a couple of episodes. 

Spoiler

I feel terrible for Starlight