~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

On 7/14/2022 at 10:25 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

Galadriel is being played by that actress from Saint Maud. She was so good in that movie.

Also, the production values look insane! Hope the show itself turns out well.

I would caution anyone to not get over-hyped for this. 

Yes it LOOKS stunning but Amazon poured an insane amount of money into this. But money can't buy good writing to well done character development. They don't own the rights to the Simarillion - but they are including some things with changed names and changing events a lot. 

I'm hoping I'm wrong and it turns out amazing, but after Wheel of Time - I'm expecting the worst but praying for the best. 

On 7/17/2022 at 11:37 AM, North said:

Yes it LOOKS stunning but Amazon poured an insane amount of money into this. But money can't buy good writing to well done character development. They don't own the rights to the Simarillion - but they are including some things with changed names and changing events a lot. 

I'm hoping I'm wrong and it turns out amazing, but after Wheel of Time - I'm expecting the worst but praying for the best. 

The funny part is - they are trying to show they are "Far better story-tellers" who have "A Grand vision and can tell the absolute best story that will also be very today" than the guy who literally was an inventor of the entire genre (Modern High Fantasy), who was a master of languages, and was so good that he literally created his own full fledged language, and one of the most detailed and fleshed-out world in fiction ever.

Yeah, no hopes from this show. Especially after they successfully butchered Wheel of Time to the point that the entire story itself is completely different and qualifies for "Multi-Million Dollar Fan-Fiction" rather than an adaptation.Not interested in either of these shows (Rings of Power or Wheel of Time Season 2). Hopefully, next adaptation onwards HBO picks it up, rather than Amazon/Netflix. At least GoT stayed true to the books (Till the time there were books to adapt).

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 11:37 AM, North said:

Yeah, chances are it'll turn out to be sh*t. I'll still approach it with an open mind though.

The RE show is one of the worst pieces of video game related media ever created.

The only good thing is Lance Reddick, Jack Blacks stunt double for a few minutes and the inclusion of afew classic RE monsters

everyone else is just unlikeable and can’t act for sh*t. If anyone tells you it’s an amazing show, never trust that person for anything

• Haha 2

Excited for Virgin River Season 4 to drop on Netflix tomorrow.

Great family show, solid writing great plot characters etc. 

Highly recommend grabbing a bowl of popcorn and watching this with parents, kids, siblings, grandparents. 

All around feel-good family show. 

9 hours ago, North said:

Excited for Virgin River Season 4 to drop on Netflix tomorrow.

Great family show, solid writing great plot characters etc. 

Highly recommend grabbing a bowl of popcorn and watching this with parents, kids, siblings, grandparents. 

All around feel-good family show. 

Yeah, I just saw the alert of Season 4 coming tomorrow. I totally forgot it had a season 4 planned out.