~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Moon Knight is the only one I liked so far. 

Yet to see. Somehow I can't bring myself to watch any MCU shows anymore. Just too many of them. While it's awesome to dab with unrealistic stories sometimes, there is an onslaught of fantasy shows on almost all channels - Netflix, Disney/MCU, Prime, Hulu etc. The novelty of a comic/fantasy show/movie is lost. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Sandman looks kinda crap honestly. Trailer doesn’t really come close to how cool and mystical the comics are.

Well, I kinda lost interest in the comics due to the art style. Never read them. 

10 minutes ago, dante77 said:

What abomination is that She Hulk trailer :O

I can't even look at the trailer properly. How the f**k does this thing even exist! 

pukes

My thoughts exactly. The quality is going to the gutter with every series. 

Watching 'The dropout' on hotstar - on the 7th episode now. It's based on the Theranos story and amusing to know that someone with no startup/business experience was able to pull a scam of that magnitude and hoodwink so many authorities/investors in modern day us (with all their sophisticated investigators and stuff). I mean, the show claims that the company had Rupert Murdoch as an investor and Henry Kissinger on board ! The way the Walgreens got scammed is the most interesting thing on the show.  Can't believe all these excecutives were so gullible ! 

Brilliant performances by both Amanda Seyfried and Naveen Andrews.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Watching 'The dropout' on hotstar - on the 7th episode now. It's based on the Theranos story and amusing to know that someone with no startup/business experience was able to pull a scam of that magnitude and hoodwink so many authorities/investors in modern day us (with all their sophisticated investigators and stuff). I mean, the show claims that the company had Rupert Murdoch as an investor and Henry Kissinger on board ! The way the Walgreens got scammed is the most interesting thing on the show.  Can't believe all these excecutives were so gullible ! 

Brilliant performances by both Amanda Seyfried and Naveen Andrews.  

Not a claim - it really happened. Read Bad Blood. 

On 7/24/2022 at 4:22 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Not a claim - it really happened. Read Bad Blood. 

Second that - an absolute page turner of a book.

But I didn't know there was a show - time to check it out. Thank you @Ne0

Hello there! 

Saw Obi-Wan Kenobi. 

Found it just ok. The latter episodes have some cool scenes with Anakin/Vader and Kenobi, but the earlier episodes are pretty meh.

There are some really dumb moments too like mercenaries unable to run fast enough to catch a little girl, Kenobi disabling a laser-gate checkpoint when they show you can walk around it, characters power levels suddenly getting nerfed/buffed for the scene requirements etc. 

Edited by dylanjosh

What a beautiful episode of BCS. 

Such small subtle nuances. Especially the transition from Saul to Jimmy persona and then completely abandoning the Saul persona at the end. Might look as a filler episode but this was an important one considering the tie up with Season 4 and couple of other things. 

Edited by harsh1387

On 7/24/2022 at 12:26 PM, dante77 said:

What abomination is that She Hulk trailer :O

I can't even look at the trailer properly. How the f**k does this thing even exist! 

pukes

The thumbnail on those YouTube trailer videos is enough to provide a big "Hell no!" 

Stranger Things S4 - Excellent, was worried about the long run times but didn't bore one bit. Kudos to the creators for keeping this fresh for 4 seasons long. Production quality is top notch, every episode was so well made. Looks like S5 will be the final season, looking forward to it. 

That last episode was pretty much a movie at almost 2 and a half hours :/

2 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Started Midnight Mass. Really good so far.

It's pretty meh and boring. Very slow and never really picks up. The conclusion doesn't really just the slowness either. I think it tried to rely too much on dialogues and they aren't special at all.

I still kinda watched the entire season without forwarding anything. Don't know why, it is average at best.