~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

On 7/27/2022 at 11:26 AM, harsh1387 said:

What a beautiful episode of BCS. 

Such small subtle nuances. Especially the transition from Saul to Jimmy persona and then completely abandoning the Saul persona at the end. Might look as a filler episode but this was an important one considering the tie up with Season 4 and couple of other things. 

+1

22 hours ago, dante77 said:

It's pretty meh and boring. Very slow and never really picks up. The conclusion doesn't really just the slowness either. I think it tried to rely too much on dialogues and they aren't special at all.

I still kinda watched the entire season without forwarding anything. Don't know why, it is average at best. 

I have only seen 2 eps so far but i find it totally not boring. In fact i find it quite engrossing and immersive.  

6 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Looks good.

But I hope this is much better than Obi Wan, which I couldn't watch more than 2 episodes of. Apart from the visuals, it felt like a really low-budget show.

Looks nice but who are these people? I don't recognise anyone. What is Andor? Planet? How does it connect to the main movies?

This Bear is a show on HULU that feels a tad underappreciated right now, but it has tugged on my heartstrings and crawled its way to being one of my favorite's of 2022. If any of you are looking to experience the gritty hustle culture and adrenaline rush of line cooking, set against a very emotional core involving strong themes of family and loss, this just might be the hidden gem for you. 

P.S: Or you could just watch it for Jeremy Allen White from Shameless, like I did.

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Looks nice but who are these people? I don't recognise anyone. What is Andor? Planet? How does it connect to the main movies?

Andor is the main character's name - Cassian Andor.

He's the guy from Rogue One, and this show supposedly depicts events in his life before that movie.

Nobody asked for it but we're getting it anyway.

49 minutes ago, CarlosBanditos said:

Hey gamers! I stopped watching Game of Thrones on the fifth season 3 years ago, is it worth it to keep watching?

Try it out for yourself. I myself didn't like the last season but i know people who didn't mind it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CarlosBanditos said:

Hey gamers! I stopped watching Game of Thrones on the fifth season 3 years ago, is it worth it to keep watching?

It is bad after fifth season, season 6 is good enough but last two seasons can be skimmed if you are short on time. So you can skip forward some scenes if you want. 

I would still finish this if I were you to see how it ends. 

• Like 1

Anyone watched 'The Reacher' in Prime? Currently reading 'Killing floor' book and tv show is adaptation of the book so wanted to know if it is good. The protagonist does not match my imagination of how Jack Reacher should be. 

4 minutes ago, nitinveer said:

Anyone watched 'The Reacher' in Prime? Currently reading 'Killing floor' book and tv show is adaptation of the book so wanted to know if it is good. The protagonist does not match my imagination of how Jack Reacher should be. 

Honestly, the show's protagonist matches pretty close to the books than Tom Cruise in the movies. Reacher is among my top 10 shows since it is very well directed, written and acted. Definitely see it for sure. 

Edited by LordSpymaster
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LordSpymaster said:

Honestly, the shoe's protagonist matches pretty close to the books than Tom Cruise in the movies. Reacher is among my top 10 shows since it is very well directed, written and acted. Definitely see it for sure. 

This helps. Thanks! I have not watched any of the movies of Tom Cruise related to Reacher for the same reason. 

43 minutes ago, nitinveer said:

This helps. Thanks! I have not watched any of the movies of Tom Cruise related to Reacher for the same reason. 

You can even watch the movies. Tom Cruise did his best to act like Reacher. Not his fault his physicality was a mismatch for the role. 

Coming to the show its one of my favorite in Prime. Casting not only for Reacher but for the support cast as well was brilliant. Screenplay is tight and story is well woven. My only gripe was they could have done something different in the finale rather than taking the cliche route. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

You can even watch the movies. Tom Cruise did his best to act like Reacher. Not his fault his physicality was a mismatch for the role. 

Coming to the show its one of my favorite in Prime. Casting not only for Reacher but for the support cast as well was brilliant. Screenplay is tight and story is well woven. My only gripe was they could have done something different in the finale rather than taking the cliche route. 

Weekend binge is sorted assuming I finish the book before Friday evening.