~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Rings of Power is getting a lot of praise on twitter after its 2 episode screening.

It's not much, but it's still nice to see some positive stuff about the show. I'm kinda rooting for it.

Also, the soundtrack is out. It's done by God of War's composer.

I tried to watch LoTR all 3 movies but I think I stopped giving a f**k at around 2nd movie and didn't bother to complete it. Same with star wars and Harry Potter movies. Couldn't care less. So yes guys like me exist.

10 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

How much censorship is present on Hotstar's version of GOT:HoD? Or should i take to the high seas for this? 

There's no censorship.

But it's surprisingly not available in 4K on Hotstar.

• Thanks 1

Completed S1 of Reacher. What good show. Not much flashbacks, no justifying villains or their stupid backstories, a badass protagonist who can kick serious a*s, excellent side cast including badass women with no woke nonsense or pandering, great action and some decent mystery element. More of these type of shows please. Not 10/10 worthy but a solid 8.

On 8/25/2022 at 12:26 PM, LordSpymaster said:

How much censorship is present on Hotstar's version of GOT:HoD? Or should i take to the high seas for this? 

Zero. Hotstar has Cinemax's Banshee completely uncut on their service and that show will give Game of Thrones a run for it's money in terms of adding any form of censorship. :P

7 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Zero. Hotstar has Cinemax's Banshee completely uncut on their service and that show will give Game of Thrones a run for it's money in terms of adding any form of censorship. :P

I wouldn't trust Hotstar blindly though.

They have a completely butchered version of Starship Troopers. It has close to half an hour's worth of runtime snipped off :lol:

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I wouldn't trust Hotstar blindly though.

They have a completely butchered version of Starship Troopers. It has close to half an hour's worth of runtime snipped off :lol:

I'm not sure about movies (depending on the nature of the content and/or the version they received), but for the TV shows, most of their recent additions have been uncensored. I matched the HBO MAX runtime as well and it's in line with this release. I do remember Amazon doing some random censorship on STARZ shows they had back then, but don't think most of the recent content on any network are being cut out too heavily. 

45 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Meanwhile The Last Week with John Oliver gets stuff butchered when airing on Hotstar.