~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

8 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Saw Rings Of Power both episodes. Liked it. Looking forward to next ep. The scenery is really stunning, cinematography is great. Its nice to see colours pop like that. I'm liking the characters too. The episodes keep ending on cliff hangers which is annoying. 

Just a guess on who "The Stranger" is:

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like Gandalf to me

Saw the first episode. The elves seem more human than the elves in the movies. Lot of emotional feelings who is definitely not a trait of elves.  

Not feeling the LOTR vibes. Only the scenery and cinematography can remind you of the movies. 

more to come. 

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

Saw the first episode. The elves seem more human than the elves in the movies. Lot of emotional feelings who is definitely not a trait of elves.  

Not feeling the LOTR vibes. Only the scenery and cinematography can remind you of the movies. 

more to come. 

This show is coming with blessing from the Tolkien Estate which is as close to the source as you can get today. The Estate didn't like Peter Jacksons trilogy because he changed too many things. 

Also consider reading this thread. The "emotionless" elves was actually a deviation from the books. He did it that way to make them different from humans. 

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

This show is coming with blessing from the Tolkien Estate which is as close to the source as you can get today. The Estate didn't like Peter Jacksons trilogy because he changed too many things. 

Also consider reading this thread. The "emotionless" elves was actually a deviation from the books. He did it that way to make them different from humans. 

The TV show doesn’t follow the books either so it’s strange it got the blessings from the estate. As we all know it got modern cultures/politics imbued in the casting choice and direction which it is why it got bad user ratings in rotten tomatoes. 

The elves from the movies are truly majestic creatures which is why we love them for their distinct characteristics from men, hobbits and dwarves, each having their characteristics as well. 

Watched both episodes of The Rings of Power, and I had a great time with it.

I know this will be said a lot but the show is absolutely gorgeous! There's some incredible artistry at work here that actually made me want to pause and take screenshots :lol:

There was some nice world-building without it being too exposition-heavy (IMO anyway coz I've seen people complaining about this), and the main characters so far have been pretty good too.

Galadriel feels a little one-dimensional at this point. But it's only been two episodes, so I'll wait to see more.

A nitpick I have though is that some of the side-actors don't really seem to be up to par and that broke the immersion a bit. But all in all, quite happy with the show so far. 

Looks like this month is gonna be a treat for fantasy fans with this and HotD every weekend :D

Would be nice if Andor turns out to be good too.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

4 hours ago, playstationdude said:

People are probably review bombing it. I get that liking tv shows is subjective but its definitely a 7/8 out of 10 show at the very least.

Review bombing is a sh*t practice but removing the reviews will attract more attention and possibly more negative reviews.

11 hours ago, b!T said:

Review bombing is a sh*t practice but removing the reviews will attract more attention and possibly more negative reviews.

I like how Valve does this. They leave the reviews in place but they don't contribute to the overall score. 

• Like 2

HoTD E3. 

Spoiler

Didnt like it. Last fight felt like some Bollywood sh*t. Didn't make any sense. :ko: 

Rest of the ep was good but last fight ruined it

I do want to give a shoutout to the costume design. The armor and costumes look amazing.

d2KcDJ4.png

Edited by dylanjosh

11 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

HoTD E3. 

Didnt like it. Last fight felt like some Bollywood sh*t. Didn't make any sense. :ko: 

Rest of the ep was good but last fight ruined it

Similar feeling. Loved the episode up until the final battle.

Spoiler

It was very anti-climactic to see Crab Feeder getting defeated so quickly and dying off-screen. I get that the war was going on for 3 years but since all that happened off-screen too, I didn't really get a feel for it.

Viserys was the star of this episode for me. Paddy Considine is doing such a great job playing him. 

Edited by STICK3Rboy