~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

24 minutes ago, Max Pain said:

25 min into Andor and it's going nowhere. Same old Star Wars bs. I'm out.

On the contrary, it doesn't feel like Star Wars at all. It's even easy to forget you're watching a SW show at times coz it plays more like a crime drama.

Anyway, watched all 3 episodes, and I really liked it. 

Couldn't really get invested in the flashback sequences though. I feel they brought the pacing to a halt and could've been shortened up quite a bit.

I otherwise loved the slower pace and how they're taking their time in telling this story. Although I'm certain many will be turned off by it.

All in all, this was a really solid start and I'm looking forward to the next episode. It was refreshing to see some actual competent filmmaking on a SW show after what happened with Obi-Wan.

Would recommend watching all three episodes at once coz they really feel like part of one giant episode and should've been presented as such to begin with.

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

On the contrary, it doesn't feel like Star Wars at all. It's even easy to forget you're watching a SW show at times coz it plays more like a crime drama.

~

I think I’m just tired of cute droids, imperial mentions and such. Moreover, if the opening can’t draw me in, it sure becomes difficult to continue.

33 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Promising upcoming Indian content on Netflix.

Meanwhile Bollywood wonders why audiences are not coming to theatres...:thumbdown:

Wow - all the content looks pretty good. Not a fan of the presentation, but Netflix is spending mega cash in India. 

3 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Ooh, that was excellent. Looks very very faithful to the game. Also looks like it got the production budget it deserved. Very excited. 

Considering the lead actor is being paid around 600,000 dollars per episode - the series was always made with a high budget :P

8 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Considering the lead actor is being paid around 600,000 dollars per episode - the series was always made with a high budget :P

That's good, however actors in shows like sex and the city got 1Mil+ per episode. And we've also had shows with high fee actors that looked shitty. Here set design and CG looks great too, or at least what we've seen in teaser.

1 hour ago, SpearHea:D said:

Bella ramsey looks like miscast for ellie tbh. Lets see how she acts.

This. 

She feels 'inexpressive' compared to the Ellie we've seen in the game. Hopefully we're proven wrong once a trailer drops.