~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

43 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Only saw e1 and found it boring and then didn't continue. I'll start it again once i get the time

The episodes so far have actually been structured like movies where each arc spans 3 acts/episodes.

So give it at least 3 episodes before writing it off.

Disney really should've released 1.5hr long episodes instead of splitting them all up.

59 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Boba and Obi ruined my appetite of Star Wars shows. I like the production design of Andor...but it was hard to watch the first episode in one go.

Haven't seen Boba yet, but Obi-Wan felt like an amateur film school project. Couldn't continue after 2 episodes.

Andor is unlike any of these and is on a different level altogether with its focus on slow-burn character development. It's something that I was craving for from Star Wars without even realizing it. And I still find it hard to believe that something like this actually got made.

The Midnight Club is out now on Netflix.

Won't be able to start watching until late at night though. But that's probably the best way to watch it anyway.

For those who don't know, this is the latest show from the guy who made Haunting of Hill House, Bly Manor, and Midnight Mass.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dante77 said:

The quality deteriorated over time. Haunting of Hill House was fantastic, Bly Manor was ok and Midnight Mass had its good moments but it was extremely slow and dragged itself mostly. 

Truu. Will wait for others impressions 

4 hours ago, dante77 said:

The quality deteriorated over time. Haunting of Hill House was fantastic, Bly Manor was ok and Midnight Mass had its good moments but it was extremely slow and dragged itself mostly. 

Midnight Mass had very good premise and I loved the priest monologues. My only issue was how predictable it became beyond halfway point. Bly Manor on the other hand was nowhere near as good as Hill House. 

The only thing good about Bly Manor was Victoria Pedretti. Her acting truly stands out in both Hill House & Bly Manor. She is absolutely fantastic. Haven't seen Midnight Mass yet. 

Finished Reacher. Good show. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Midnight Mass had very good premise and I loved the priest monologues. My only issue was how predictable it became beyond halfway point. Bly Manor on the other hand was nowhere near as good as Hill House. 

Have a similar opinion.

It had such an exciting premise, great characters, and some beautiful monologues (even though a few felt unnaturally out of place). I really loved the setting too.

There was a lot of potential for greatness, but it completely fell apart in the final couple of episodes. It was surely a disappointing conclusion, but I'm still glad I watched it.

Flanagan has a unique brand of horror that is right up my alley. He has had his misses, but his hits have had some really amazing stuff. Heck, I liked Bly Manor too.

I finished watching the Flash season 8 on Netflix yesterday.

The final two episodes were the best of this season. 

The Flash is one of my all-time favorite shows. The acting by Gustin Grant, Tom Cavanagh, Carlos Valdes, Candice, and Jese L. Martin have been first class. The villains of the TV show have also made it ever so memorable - Thawne, Zoom, Savitar, Cicada, the Thinker, Godspeed.

It has been a pleasant journey watching the story evolve and the actors mature over the years. 

I believe the show lost the spark after the departure of Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes) and Tom Cavanagh in season 7.

The remaining recurring actors also seem to be exhausted playing the same role for 8+ years. 

The Season 9 next year will be the last. I am eagerly awaiting the grand finale of this grand show. 

The Flash Ending on The CW With Short Season 9

On 10/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

The Midnight Club is out now on Netflix.

Won't be able to start watching until late at night though. But that's probably the best way to watch it anyway.

For those who don't know, this is the latest show from the guy who made Haunting of Hill House, Bly Manor, and Midnight Mass.

Flanagan? Yes please. Will catch it this weekend. Still get goosebumps just thinking about Bly ep8.

• Like 1

Watched 6 episodes of The Midnight Club, and it's been really good so far.

I had initially felt that some of the acting could've been a bit better, but I warmed up to the characters after a couple of episodes.

The anthology stories can be a little hit or miss with their intentional low-budget look and elements of camp and parody.

But I'm really invested in the main story and finding the whole thing very bingeable. The setting and premise are weirdly giving me a warm and cozy feeling.

I just hope it ends well now.

----------------------

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 1:55 AM, STICK3Rboy said:

Man, this episode really deserved to be seen on the big screen. Breathtaking visuals and a palpable sense of tension throughout. 

I felt some of the action could've been directed a little better, but other than that this was an amazing episode!

This series has been an absolute treat!

Finale episode of Rings Of Power was nice. Looking forward to s2. 

All in all i would only recommended this show if you really like the LOTR lore. There's almost nothing here for people new to the franchise. 

Edited by dylanjosh