~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

The last of us episode 2. Again it's like watching the live action cutscenes from the game! Everything was fantastic. 

Major props to clicker actors. I don't think they are CGI, they are actors and they nailed the role. The sound I guess was taken directly from the game but acting is top notch. 

Man I remember how tense I was when I first encountered the clicker in that dark room in the game. My breathing became shallow, and I would've barely taken 10 steps while crouched for the first 5 or so minutes of that encounter. I was mesmerised by that sound, their movement, and how they looked. none of that happened here. The clickers looked.. robotic, and also the direction felt lacking, specially in clicker sequence. 

Plus this whole thing about the actors just mumbling away everything, what the hell has happened to legibility of dialog? 

The sets are gorgeous. Post apocalyptic Boston is a mood. I know I reached for the remote more than once to take a screenshot :lol: 

I also like how pre-credits are just snippets of backstory. Hope they continue that. 

Edited by achilles

21 hours ago, achilles said:

Only one complaint though, like with so many others these days, so much mumbling. About half the dialog is mumbled out. I mean, fkn enunciate. 

EDIT: Already posted the subtitles bit by Bird Bird Bird. :P 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

EDIT: Already posted the subtitles bit by Bird Bird Bird. :P 

8 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I watched that video before I ranted here and I don’t buy it. Try telling Tarantino some words won’t be clear in his movie because of whatever :D 

Tech is supposed to make it better for us. I’d agree to the Nolan effect a bit, but then they’ve imbibed his worst. The quality of subtitles has gone down too lately. It’s either CC or nothing, and line jumps are nearly always there. 

14 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Have they replaced spores with those tendrils in the show, permanently? I didn't see any kind of hesitancy from Joel/Tess to breathe in any spores. Maybe to not have the actors wear masks for longer periods.

Yes they confirmed it and they gave that reason only