~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yup it’s in their twitter page, they responded to some user 

It was a matter of time. Disney has been cutting costs, HBO partnership was one of them and they implied the same over the last 2 months.

Prime looks to be likely choice, i don't think it will be included in the base price as Prime already has an option to buy HBO Max sister channels.

Edited by KunjanPSD

16 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

It was a matter of time. Disney has been cutting costs, HBO partnership was one of them and they implied the same over the last 2 months.

Prime looks to be likely choice, i don't think it will be included in the base price as Prime already has an option to buy HBO Max sister channels.

I ain’t paying Prime a damn rupee more

johnny depp film GIF

15 hours ago, Snake said:

I ain’t paying Prime a damn rupee more

johnny depp film GIF

Depends on what is available. Streaming quality is far better than Hotstar anyway. But just for Last of US, wouldn't make sense when high seas are completely open.

I think E08 was underwhelming. For this segment, the game is much more elaborate and tense. TV David was only mildly threatening. Bella unconvincing, compared to game Ellie

The encounter in diner and its conclusion as shown in the game was significantly more impactful. The way the game muted all dialogues when Joel found Ellie in the diner and left Joel’s consolation of Ellie to the players’ imagination was a masterstroke

10 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I think E08 was underwhelming. For this segment, the game is much more elaborate and tense. TV David was only mildly threatening. Bella unconvincing, compared to game Ellie

The encounter in diner and its conclusion as shown in the game was significantly more impactful. The way the game muted all dialogues when Joel found Ellie in the diner and left Joel’s consolation of Ellie to the players’ imagination was a masterstroke

Game is always going to be more impactful compared to TV show, firstly because it's the source and secondly because gaming in general is an immersive experience. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 0verlord said:

There were dialogues no ? I clearly remember as I just played the remake a few weeks ago, in fact almost the same dialogues. It has been an awesome experience to play the game and watch the series side by side. 

I think the show has done a phenomenal job especially Episode 8. TV Ellie was fantastic in Ep. 8. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperT said:

There were dialogues no ? I clearly remember as I just played the remake a few weeks ago, in fact almost the same dialogues.

No, they mute Joel’s consolation dialogues and leave it to player’s imagination which was quite impactful. I remember it from playing way back on the PS3. Check 5.47 mark onwards in this video 

Just watched TLOU E08 and i f**king loved it! I think this this the best episode yet (outside of e3). Bella Ramsay knocked it out of the park. The scene where she screams her name!! I've been unhappy with her in most of the show but this episode she really showed her acting skills. 

For what it's worth i haven't played the game. 

Next episode is finale. 

Edited by dylanjosh

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Just watched TLOU E08 and i f**king loved it! I think this this the best episode yet (outside of e3). Bella Ramsay knocked it out of the park. The scene where she screams her name!! I've been unhappy with her in most of the show but this episode she really showed her acting skills. 

For what it's worth i haven't played the game. 

Next episode is finale. 

You were going great and I totally agree with you but then 

:doh: