~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

22 hours ago, 0verlord said:

No, they mute Joel’s consolation dialogues and leave it to player’s imagination which was quite impactful. I remember it from playing way back on the PS3. Check 5.47 mark onwards in this video 

The show doesn't have any more dialogues after that it is just the two of them walking away the show had the almost exact dialogues as the game before they mute it. I am not getting the logic, if it is that the game had more impact in general then I 100% agree. Games will always have more impact as they are one of the most immersive mediums for storytelling. But kudos to the show creators one of the best games/book/story adaptation I have seen lately. 

Edited by SuperT

10 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Abby in season 2. Perfect casting if true. 

Edit: To avoid confusion, she is Abby's voice actor in the game, not actress playing Abby in the series.

Edited by Big Boss

Done with Final Episode. Another great episode. Here are some of my issues:

It felt Rushed. Everything from start to finish despite some episodes being perfect. 

Missed boater encounter. Not even a single Bloater encounter in the entire game despite showing a gorgeous design in one of the episodes. 

Now, putting my flamesuit on - They wasted an entire 1 hour episode appeasing gay and woke people while sacrificing lots of great content from the game. I would not have problem with this if they covered most of the stuff from games but they didn't. The show ended and it missed a lot of things. It wasn't worth it. Completely irrelevant and waste of an episode IMO. 

Still the best video game adaptation ever. Performances were phenomenal. Of course game did it better, obviously. 

Edited by dante77

So I guess we know how Ellie gained immunity (far fetched scientific theory)

Spoiler

Ellie developed immunity because her mom cut her umbilical cord with the same knife, she killed the infected. She became permeated with the chemical messengers derived from the infected blood and grew with it throughout her life.

Edited by KunjanPSD

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Done with Final Episode. Another great episode. Here are some of my issues:

It felt Rushed. Everything from start to finish despite some episodes being perfect. 

Missed boater encounter. Not even a single Bloater encounter in the entire game despite showing a gorgeous design in one of the episodes. 

Now, putting my flamesuit on - They wasted an entire 1 hour episode appeasing gay and woke people while sacrificing lots of great content from the game. I would not have problem with this if they covered most of the stuff from games but they didn't. The show ended and it missed a lot of things. It wasn't worth it. Completely irrelevant and waste of an episode IMO. 

Still the best video game adaptation ever. Performances were phenomenal. Of course game did it better, obviously. 

It's possible you're feeling this because you have the game in mind, and you want everything from the game to be shown. It's the same feeling book-readers have everytime a movie that's based on a book comes out. But it felt fine to me. The only episode i didn't like was Left Behind. I think the flashback could have been  shortened at least. 

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

It's possible you're feeling this because you have the game in mind, and you want everything from the game to be shown. It's the same feeling book-readers have everytime a movie that's based on a book comes out. But it felt fine to me. The only episode i didn't like was Left Behind. I think the flashback could have been  shortened at least. 

Yes indeed. I think the show was great and I absolutely loved it. But like I said I am furious because they wasted time in things which didn't matter much and didn't show what really mattered. Mostly because of that 1 episode lol. 

I agree, a show can't capture everything and gamers always feel something is missing. Now I know the feeling of book readers. 

PS: You opinion still don't matter :)

Why is portrayal of anything homosexual appeasement to some people? I wonder why we don't see such stupid comments for hundreds of other shows which have portrayal of straight sex in abundance? 

Complaining about something not being shown is one thing, backing it up with comments like 'wasted time appeasing woke and gays' kind of shows where you are at when it comes to them.

• Like 1

I think they'll make big changes to the story in season 2 esp Abby & Joels arc. The original pitch by ND is that Abby infiltrates into their town, tracks him down & possibly even has a romantic encounter with Joel before they play golf. Final game has them randomly meeting one fateful day. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sach4life said:
7 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Why is portrayal of anything homosexual appeasement to some people? I wonder why we don't see such stupid comments for hundreds of other shows which have portrayal of straight sex in abundance? 

Complaining about something not being shown is one thing, backing it up with comments like 'wasted time appeasing woke and gays' kind of shows where you are at when it comes to them.

Way to miss the point. I see no other reason for adding unnecessary stuff like that except to please certain audience and risk getting cancelled for not showing the all inclusive stuff. This can only be done at the end of the season when it is certain they are cutting a lot of things from the base material. 

I would have said the same thing if it was a hetro sex episode just with a different tone of 'Getting the audience the spicy stuff' without any need or why 'Mandatory sex stuff' or something similar. As long it is unnecessary AND Sacrificing the essential elements. I would always complaint. 

But still like I said, LOVED the entire show. Would actually defend it. Just has one issue, that too not a major thing. Not a big deal for me personally. 

This first half of episode 9 is super awesome.

TV adaption will never be able to match up to the detail shown in the game. But the final episode somehow helps build up the relationship to the level we experienced in the game.

Also while playing the game i never felt joel being evil as we are so immersed in his perspective but i could feel that in the 2nd half of the episode. 

Really sets up the 2nd season well. People will be far more supportive of abby hopefully.

They could have easily made the episode more than an hour long like first 2 episodes and deliver better emotional punch.

ps: bella ramsey really did very well as Ellie. 

Way to miss the point. I see no other reason for adding unnecessary stuff like that except to please certain audience and risk getting cancelled for not showing the all inclusive stuff. This can only be done at the end of the season when it is certain they are cutting a lot of things from the base material. 

I would have said the same thing if it was a hetro sex episode just with a different tone of 'Getting the audience the spicy stuff' without any need or why 'Mandatory sex stuff' or something similar. As long it is unnecessary AND Sacrificing the essential elements. I would always complaint. 

But still like I said, LOVED the entire show. Would actually defend it. Just has one issue, that too not a major thing. Not a big deal for me personally. 

Again, just because they added a gay kiss doesnt mean they are appeasing anyone. Complain all you want about not showing something you wanted, that is fine. But god forbid a show decides to show gay people, it becomes appeasement and disgusting. Especially considering how in the source material itself it was there. This 'all inclusive stuff' does not exist in a vacuum. There are real people out there who get discriminated just because of what they are. Their mere existence disgust people. 

I get the complaining if there were to suddenly show Batman as gay in a movie or a tv show. But here, source people itself had homosexual people. Just because you find something disgusting doesnt make it appeasement or unnecessary.

12 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Again, just because they added a gay kiss doesnt mean they are appeasing anyone. Complain all you want about not showing something you wanted, that is fine. But god forbid a show decides to show gay people, it becomes appeasement and disgusting. Especially considering how in the source material itself it was there. This 'all inclusive stuff' does not exist in a vacuum. There are real people out there who get discriminated just because of what they are. Their mere existence disgust people. 

I get the complaining if there were to suddenly show Batman as gay in a movie or a tv show. But here, source people itself had homosexual people. Just because you find something disgusting doesnt make it appeasement or unnecessary.

Ok then I think we played different games then. The 'stuff' wasn't there in the game except in the format of a letter which Joel finds in his house and a dead body hanging.

But let's not discuss this further as it will only make our conversations dirty. I mean no offense to you or a community :)

49 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Also while playing the game i never felt joel being evil as we are so immersed in his perspective but i could feel that in the 2nd half of the episode. 

Really sets up the 2nd season well. People will be far more supportive of abby hopefully.

Spot on. Even I couldn't find Joel as Evil until later in the second game and mostly reading stuff up on the internet. In the show, when Tommy's wife was having a conversation with Ellie, and some other moments specifically showing Joel not being a very kind guy. And we are just playing him as a protagonist of the series and that is all there is. 

Pretty wonderful stuff IMO. 

12 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Ok then I think we played different games then. The 'stuff' wasn't there in the game except in the format of a letter which Joel finds in his house and a dead body hanging.

But let's not discuss this further as it will only make our conversations dirty. I mean no offense to you or a community :)

Spot on. Even I couldn't find Joel as Evil until later in the second game and mostly reading stuff up on the internet. In the show, when Tommy's wife was having a conversation with Ellie, and some other moments specifically showing Joel not being a very kind guy. And we are just playing him as a protagonist of the series and that is all there is. 

Pretty wonderful stuff IMO. 

Show has expanded on multiple things from the game. That is not the only thing. That is the beauty of a tv show. Also, when I said source material, i meant in entirety, game has gay characters, which includes the dlc as well. Even if it didn't have any, they don't need to justify to put couple of gay people amongst 100 straight ones. Just like there is no need for a justification for a black character to exist amongst 100 white ones.

Anyway, as you said, no point discussing this further. Peace.

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

Show has expanded on multiple things from the game. That is not the only thing. That is the beauty of a tv show. Also, when I said source material, i meant in entirety, game has gay characters, which includes the dlc as well. Even if it didn't have any, they don't need to justify to put couple of gay people amongst 100 straight ones. Just like there is no need for a justification for a black character to exist amongst 100 white ones.

Anyway, as you said, no point discussing this further. Peace.

And I get it completely. But my point is, even hetro sex scenes are called out many times but people don't get worked up at those. Remember Abbey's hetro sex scene in TLOU2? And the hungama surrounding it? Everyone called out that specific scene and even some big players mentioned it was unnecessary. I felt the same way too, it just felt awkward at that time. And people even went to extreme levels making memes of that specific scene of Abbey. Something that I don't support but still if I were to choose side I would say it was a mistake from ND's side. It would have been better without it. But I know they can't make game according to our wish and desires so not really a big deal. Same case here. 

So, when these things are called out, they are so called 'Constructive Criticism' but the exact same thing is called out with Gay people. It is oppression. That is my entire point. The homo stuff at this point in time is untouchable and dare anyone say anything about it without the risk of getting banned/cancelled. 

Peace bro! 

And I get it completely. But my point is, even hetro sex scenes are called out many times but people don't get worked up at those. Remember Abbey's hetro sex scene in TLOU2? And the hungama surrounding it? Everyone called out that specific scene and even some big players mentioned it was unnecessary. I felt the same way too, it just felt awkward at that time. And people even went to extreme levels making memes of that specific scene of Abbey. Something that I don't support but still if I were to choose side I would say it was a mistake from ND's side. It would have been better without it. But I know they can't make game according to our wish and desires so not really a big deal. Same case here. 

So, when these things are called out, they are so called 'Constructive Criticism' but the exact same thing is called out with Gay people. It is oppression. That is my entire point. The homo stuff at this point in time is untouchable and dare anyone say anything about it without the risk of getting banned/cancelled. 

Peace bro! 

Lol, seriously? Hetro scenes get called out? Literally every single tv show or movie has a sex scene nowadays, who is calling them out? Heck, if not a sex scene, a kiss is the bare minimum which is there in every piece of media. A game like Uncharted had those as well and there is no issue with that. They showed a kiss, two men kissing, that's all. And you have people calling that disgusting. People find the sight of a kiss disgusting and here you are acting as a victim? When was the last time you saw someone saw call out a normal kiss disgusting and puke worthy? The discussion around Last of Us 2 had nothing to do with existence of a sex scene. Tons of games have those which includes Witcher series or Cyberpunk or GTA games. No one is disgusted by them.

Gay stuff is untouchable? I have a friend who has been literally abandoned by his family because he came out and you are getting worked up here because 5% of the shows/movies today have gay representation. Jeez :lol:

Edited by Sach4life