~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

Lol, seriously? Hetro scenes get called out? Literally every single tv show or movie has a sex scene nowadays, who is calling them out? Heck, if not a sex scene, a kiss is the bare minimum which is there in every piece of media. A game like Uncharted had those as well and there is no issue with that. They showed a kiss, two men kissing, that's all. And you have people calling that disgusting. People find the sight of a kiss disgusting and here you are acting as a victim? When was the last time you saw someone saw call out a normal kiss disgusting and puke worthy? The discussion around Last of Us 2 had nothing to do with existence of a sex scene. Tons of games have those which includes Witcher series or Cyberpunk or GTA games. No one is disgusted by them.

Gay stuff is untouchable? I have a friend who has been literally abandoned by his family because he came out and you are getting worked up here because 5% of the shows/movies today have gay representation. Jeez :lol:

Again. It looks like you didn't even want to get my point. Just read again what I said. Contemplate on it. Then read again and see what I wanted to say. Keep doing it until you find out I didn't say anything about hetro stuff being called out. But I don't wanna clarify as I think you beyond that. 

Since your post isn't even related to the topic of what I just said. There is no point in even trying. Reminds of teens these days who when presented with facts, just gives some random info and unrelated facts like you just gave :lol:

PS: Don't want to get personal as I know you are one of the good ones. So let's end this on a good note :kisstogether:

1 minute ago, dante77 said:

Again. It looks like you didn't even want to get my point. Just read again what I said. Contemplate on it. Then read again and see what I wanted to say. Keep doing it until you find out I didn't say anything about hetro stuff being called out. But I don't wanna clarify as I think you beyond that. 

Since your post isn't even related to the topic of what I just said. There is no point in even trying. Reminds of teens these days who when presented with facts, just gives some random info and unrelated facts like you just gave :lol:

PS: Don't want to get personal as I know you are one of the good ones. So let's end this on a good note :kisstogether:

Facts? Like how hetro stuff is equally called out, which is no where close to being true? Also, gay stuff is untouchable and whatever they showed was just for appeasement? And all of this for a kiss?

Ok. Sure, I don't get the point and 'facts' 

:good:

29 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

What happened in the beginning of TLOU II was well deserved

Spoiler

Marlene did not deserve to die so brutally :nerves:

And she was shot after she lowered her guard. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 2:34 AM, dante77 said:

Yes indeed. I think the show was great and I absolutely loved it. But like I said I am furious because they wasted time in things which didn't matter much and didn't show what really mattered. Mostly because of that 1 episode lol. 

Like trying to find a car battery for the entire episode? :P

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

After watching TLOU e09, I got a completely different perspective on TLOU II

What happened in the beginning of TLOU II was well deserved

Yeah. Many people including myself started noticing after watching the series only. As Nathan said, we were too immersed in playing Joel as a protagonist that we never noticed he was equally as bad as others if not worse. 

Still, it is gonna hit hard! I know it! 

The Consultant - Excellent! Loved it. It is only 8 episodes with each one being only about 60 mins long. The series picks up from the start and there is not a single dull moment throughout the end. The performance is brilliant all around. 

A few and perhaps major things are unclear by the end and that is the only small complaint I have. But it is still worth your time. 

It's not exactly a comedy or dark comedy as internet suggests. I would actually just call it 'Dark'. 

Last of us was absolutely brilliant tv. I think they nailed the adaptation from game to show quite well. The only complaint I have is about Riley episode storyline which could have been done in 10 mins flat and not entire episode for it. And you guys are right. Playing the game I never felt Joel is selfish or evil. But in the show there are glimpses of him not being a good guy. 

9 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Started Shrinking on apple tv+ and its super good.

Same here. Such a good series.

Besides that completed Severance season 1, mythic quest season 1, home before dark season 1 and almost done with defending Jacob 

All are really good shows but damn the wait for Severance season 2 will kill me bc <_<

On 3/27/2023 at 11:38 PM, Nathan.Drake said:

Started Shrinking on apple tv+ and its super good.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:19 AM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Same here. Such a good series.

Besides that completed Severance season 1, mythic quest season 1, home before dark season 1 and almost done with defending Jacob 

All are really good shows but damn the wait for Severance season 2 will kill me bc <_<

Shrinking was awesome. How is Home Before Dark ? Planning on watching it next. 

Latest Ted Lasso episode was fine-ish? Like I guess zava is supposed to be Ibra x Haaland but its not quite it somehow. Next episode should be a banger. 

Shadow and Bone season 2 is definitely not as good as the first one. 

Will check out Shrinking and Severance on Apple TV+ since I'm already paying for Ted Lasso.

23 hours ago, North said:

Latest Ted Lasso episode was fine-ish? Like I guess zava is supposed to be Ibra x Haaland but its not quite it somehow. Next episode should be a banger.

hmm.. and here i am thinking they are trying to show him as Zlatan Ibrahimovic