~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Any good ? Found it irritating by the end of E1. Fast forwarded the whole way. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

It's ok'ish. Finale is a waste but some mid episodes are funny. 

Honestly, Sex Education is probably a better show in that genre. Waiting for S3, comes later this year.

S1 and S2 are really fun! 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 12:59 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

Started Lovecraft Country. Been a while since I watched a TV show lately, so hope this is good. 

Yea, there was something off about it. I had a strange feeling that it didn't take itself seriously enough, and that hurt credibility. You can just ride the "Lovecraft" train. You've gotta believe it :rofl:

I'd recommend Them instead. Really well done and a lot creepier:

them.jpg.webp

Edited by Keyofx
  • Haha 1

Watching 'aspirants' on youtube after recommendations by some colleagues.  The constant advertisement of unacademy is off putting , but apart from that it's been good so far.   Surprising that shows like these don't end up on Netflix or prime video.  

Edited by Ne0

14 hours ago, Madmage said:

My daughter has binged watch all seasons of just add magic man. Keeps hitting me up with all kind of trivia man

Very nice show for kids/family. 

Try Just Add Magic: Mystery City too if haven't seen it already. 

Finished Invincible a couple of days ago and frankly got my mind blown! Such an enjoyable and binge-worthy show. Loved the no holds barred violence!

Have to thank everyone in this thread who was going gaga over this show because it would've probably slipped under my radar otherwise.

Also, it kinda feels like GoT all over again for me where I read the books after finishing season 2 because I couldn't wait for season 3. Might just do the same with this, but I hope I don't lose interest in the show after reading the books because that's what happened with GoT for me :|

Watched 4 episodes of Love, Death & Robots S2 as well.

Liked all of them but the the third one (Pop Squad) stood out to me the most. It touches on themes that I thought were quite interesting, and it's got a fantastic world with some magnificent art direction too. And I don't know if they used mocap for the facial expressions, but I loved the main character's performance (the guy was apparently voiced by Nolan North). I would so love to see a full-length movie set in that world :(

Edited by STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Finished Invincible a couple of days ago and frankly got my mind blown! Such an enjoyable and binge-worthy show. Loved the no holds barred violence!

Have to thank everyone in this thread who was going gaga over this show because it would've probably slipped under my radar otherwise.

Also, it kinda feels like GoT all over again for me where I read the books after finishing season 2 because I couldn't wait for season 3. Might just do the same with this, but I hope I don't lose interest in the show after reading the books because that's what happened with GoT for me :|

Watched 4 episodes of Love, Death & Robots S2 as well.

Liked all of them but the the third one (Pop Squad) stood out to me the most. It touches on themes that I thought were quite interesting, and it's got a fantastic world with some magnificent art direction too. And I don't know if they used mocap for the facial expressions, but I loved the main character's performance (the guy was apparently voiced by Nolan North). I would so love to see a full-length movie set in that world :(

Read the comic. I have only 600 odd pages remaining out of 3k. It's mind-blowing. Some of the stuff is just unheard of. I think they will have to make at least 10 seasons to cover all 144 issues and it's not gonna happen. Better to complete the comics. You simply cannot miss the stuff. You might find the comic a bit tame when compared to show till story is similar, but then it goes into overdrive. Shock after shock, twist after twist. You aren't prepared for what comes next. If you think Omniman is powerful, wait till you see other viltrumites.

Edited by Big Boss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Read the comic. I have only 600 odd pages remaining out of 3k. It's mind-blowing. Some of the stuff is just unheard of. I think they will have to make at least 10 seasons to cover all 144 issues and it's not gonna happen. Better to complete the comics. You simply cannot miss the stuff. You might find the comic a bit tame when compared to show till story is similar, but then it goes into overdrive. Shock after shock, twist after twist. You aren't prepared for what comes next. If you think Omniman is powerful, wait till you see other viltrumites.

Do we need to read through what happened in S1 in the comics ? If we can skip, which volume/issue to start with ? I've the 3 volume collection. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

31 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Do we need to read through what happened in S1 in the comics ? If we can skip, which volume/issue to start with ? I've the 3 volume collection. 

The season 1 tells some advanced stories but skips some important characters who become huge later. So best to read from the beginning. You will appreciate the subtle changes made in the show more, and how they have effectively condensed the story. Officially it has covered first 23 issues. but some of the stuff that happens much later is also covered, and some stuff that happens earlier is skipped.

55 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

The season 1 tells some advanced stories but skips some important characters who become huge later. So best to read from the beginning. You will appreciate the subtle changes made in the show more, and how they have effectively condensed the story. Officially it has covered first 23 issues. but some of the stuff that happens much later is also covered, and some stuff that happens earlier is skipped.

I started reading and got bored. Lemme try again. 

• Haha 1

Mare of Easttown: Great, great little slice-of-life/murder mystery mini-series set in a small PA town. Kate Winslet is going to be on a few award lists next year. Also, it isn't as depressing as the whole premise sounds so don't let that stop you.

MV5BYjIyOGU1NzAtODZmYi00NGMzLWJiMjItNGNj

• Like 3

Done watching Invincible and Falcon and Super soldier. 

Invincible was really gory liked the pacing.

Falcon seems black man sh*t for Americans. 

Also started watching stranger things 2 episodes done does the show gets scary