~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

28 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

El Chapo standalone is 3 seasons. Doubt Narcos can cover it in such detail. 

I get that, but Narcos has been covering things in proper chronological order - Escobar, Cali Cartel, Felix and connecting them in between. I would go for an overview here first, since I am invested from day 1 and then go for the detailed story in the standalone show.

Edited by him2anshu
ainwayi

7 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

I get that, but Narcos has been covering things in proper chronological order - Escobar, CalI Cartel, Felix and connecting them in between. I would go for an overview here first, since I am invested from day 1 and then go for the detailed story in the standalone show.

Makes sense. Do give it a go. There's almost no filler material. Extremely fascinating and recent story. 

I would rate it at par with Narcos. 

• Like 1

Finished Breaking Bad Season 4.

One more season left, after that I ain't watching TV for another few years.

Nothing will top this, f**k me. I feel like I'm about to collapse after that final episode.

I'm speechless, this is the best thing I've seen

• Like 1

Feels so late. 3 years already since last season. Hopefully, that spring break arrives soon and not drag on with Eleven and her school stuff. 

Not much hype but will watch for Steve-Dustin. ?

Binged Squid Game and Sex Education s3 over the weekend. Both were incredible Dolby vision experiences.

Squid Game: Personally thought the show was quite over-hyped. My biggest complaint of shows like these is when they try to explain how the concept works. If you start trying to explain how the squid games is happening my immediate mind just goes to how incredibly unbelievable everything is. The logistics of making everything happen is ridiculous. Leave the mystery as it is you don't need to explain it. I haven't watched a lot of it but as a similar concept Kaiji did it much better. The characters were pretty well written for the most part though.

Sex education s3: Everyone and their mum is cheating. But overall the season is a bit better than season 2. Adam & Rahim's story line was a highlight this season and I love the story took a back sit for Otis and Maeve for the most part. Asa Butterfield continues to impress as Otis and the finale really showed his acting chops. Also props to the show for tackling a lot of queer relationships in a very matter of fact way instead of shoving it in your face except when its necessary. Loved they continued Aimee's sexual assault track from the last season just wish she had more to do this season.