~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

17 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Saw The Wheel of Time

Enjoyed all 3 episodes. :thumbsup:

Wish this part was never made. I don't like the Egwene actress at all nor her scenes much. The rest of the cast is fine. 

Mat and Perrin let's go. 

They've made changes - but nothing so big that it changes the plot.

PS. Is it obvious to you who the Dragon Reborn is out of them? They're making it a mystery but in the books its fairly obvious from the beginning. 

You're the right person to ask since you're watching the show first. Won't confirm if you're right/wrong ofc.

LETS GOOO YOU'RE ONE OF US!!

Spoiler

There are essentially two camps in the fandom. Those who love Egwene and those who detest her. Though usually you pick by the time you finish the series, but glad to have you on the right side haha

37 minutes ago, North said:

PS. Is it obvious to you who the Dragon Reborn is out of them? They're making it a mystery but in the books its fairly obvious from the beginning. 

Maybe I'm just a dodo but I had no idea lol.

In the show they make it clear that The Dragon Reborn is an important plot point and that one of them is The Dragon. 

In the books, the dragon lore is kind of in the background. Moiraine never tells them outright. She only tells them they're taveren. Was a big surprise to me when they reveal it in the end. 

32 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Maybe I'm just a dodo but I had no idea lol.

In the show they make it clear that The Dragon Reborn is an important plot point and that one of them is The Dragon. 

In the books, the dragon lore is kind of in the background. Moiraine never tells them outright. She only tells them they're taveren. Was a big surprise to me when they reveal it in the end. 

Ahhh I see. 

Book spoilers - massive spoilers for the SHOW AS WELL.

Spoiler

The fact that Rand got like 90% time in the first book, and he was the swordsman with a mysterious past - it just felt right. Of course, you see some proof as the first book is ending - and then Moiraine confirms it at the very end. 

20 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

I don't know who it is nor want to know. ? The show has kept it as a secret well so far.

No (book) spoilers. 

Of course not. I'm glad you're enjoying the show! 

I do hope they keep the mystery alive until the end of the season at least :) 

I'm not too keen on all of the changes made so far. Below points are not spoilers as such, but some comments on the differences between the book & the show till only episode 3, but marked them as spoilers for anyone who wants to steer clear of book info completely.

Spoiler

Moiraine's entry into the Inn was very clumsy, to me it did not have that build up like the book. And the whole opening scene with the Red Ajah was unnecessary. Padan Fain was spot on.

Fridging Perrin's wife makes sense in way, but I hope they don't use only this plot point for his character development. 

I'm loving Matts development since its quite slow in the books. Too bad Barney Harris left the show, he's by far my favorite cast member

The whole Tinkerers "do you know the song" scene was very clunky, but they are portrayed well overall.

Liked Thom's introduction, and he's my 2nd favorite cast member. The gangs encounter to dark friends was also well handled.

Over all positive outlook towards the 1st 3 episodes

Finished The Morning Show season 2. Their is a definite dip in quality from season 1. Some episodes were a snoozefest. They incorporated the Covid into storyline but went too deep into it for my taste. I hope season 3 is a better one as this ended abruptly with no tie ups to several threads going on. 

Wheel of Time episode 4 - damn, the last 15 minutes were:wOOtjumpy:

A very good way to start off Logain and Liandrin. 

Spoiler

Didn't expect the ending. 
Thought Lan Mandragoran died. Was so sad but then Nynaeve ?

Good episode but CGI can be better. 

Edited by Joe Cool

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Wheel of Time episode 4 - damn, the last 15 minutes were:wOOtjumpy:

A very good way to start off Logain and Liandrin. 

Reveal hidden contents

Didn't expect the ending. 
Thought Lan Mandragoran died. Was so sad but then Nynaeve ?

Good episode but CGI can be better. 

Yess! Episode 4 was great! inside rumour is that the next two are also going to be bangers :wOOtjumpy:

That part wasn't in the books either, so bit of a surprise for us all!

Here is a slightly different view and what I am really liking so far in Wheel of Time -

The locations - Mind Blowing!!! Irrespective of whether the show is going slow or fast, I am not getting bored at all mainly because every now and then there is a beautifully shot location which looks dead gorgeous in my screen.

Video Quality - probably the best 4K HDR content so far on Prime right now. Everything is crystal clear and looks default_wub.png

Everytime I watch this, my wife be life "Yeah and you just sit here do nothin"....

3 hours ago, dante77 said:

Here is a slightly different view and what I am really liking so far -

The locations - Mind Blowing!!! Irrespective of whether the show is going slow or fast, I am not getting bored at all mainly because every now and then there is a beautifully shot location which looks dead gorgeous in my screen.

Video Quality - probably the best 4K HDR content so far on Prime right now. Everything is crystal clear and looks :wub:

Everytime I watch this, my wife be life "Yeah and you just sit here do nothin"....

Wheel of Time? 

The world is very vibrant and beautiful, I'd say even better stuff shall follow soon. All the shots you've seen in the show so far have been within the kingdom of Andor. 

Other nations will have wildly different topography :wub:

• Like 1