~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

14 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Felt bad for Harrison. The kid has been let down so many times. 😔 The ending scene with Dexter must have meant so much to him. Would really suck for him if Dexter dies. 

Didn't expect Kurt to come out in his full white gear. That was a freaky scene. Clancy Brown is amazing. 

Dexter coming out of the mirror scene was hilarious. The guy went who the hell are you?! 😂

Very nice mini-series. Shame only 2 episode left. 

Spoiler

True, Clancy brown is incredible. Also Dexter killing that henchman was hilarious and kinda threw light to the ferocity of the old Dexter. It will really really suck if they kill off Dex.

Finished Arcane. Insane wtf ending. Such a tragic story for pretty much everyone involved. The game does such an amazing job of creating grey characters. Like, no one is just good or bad in the show. Everyone does f**ked up sh*t and even the ones who are outright bad have strong motivations and redeeming qualities. 

8 hours ago, him2anshu said:

Yes, it is a prequel story to the games and not directly connected to them. You will like the animation, soundtrack, voice acting and almost everything else about this show. It’s a great show and a good introduction point to the game’s lore.

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Yep. You will also enjoy it more if you didn't know about League as you will get to see and learn more about the characters. 

A good way to get into League world. Great show.

Awesome! Thanks guys :cheers:

will definitely watch it!

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

5 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Finished Witcher Season 2. Found it very entertaining.

Disappointed with a couple of deaths, wasn't expecting it even though only played the 3rd game and read none of the books.

Still, enjoyed it overall.

I have read the first two short story collections and just started on the novels. Played Witcher 1, 2 and haven't completed 3 yet. The series seems to have taken a lot of liberties with the actual events, but seem to follow the story thread from the books. The world-building is far far better than Wheel of Time and am really liking the core cast well. 

The actor who plays Dandenlion nails it. Geralt and Yennefer are good. Ciri, Vesemir are okay. Triss is a major disappointment for me personally. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

I have read the first two short story collections and just started on the novels. Played Witcher 1, 2 and haven't completed 3 yet. The series seems to have taken a lot of liberties with the actual events, but seem to follow the story thread from the books. The world-building is far far better than Wheel of Time and am really liking the core cast well. 

The actor who plays Dandenlion nails it. Geralt and Yennefer are good. Ciri, Vesemir are okay. Triss is a major disappointment for me personally. 

This is such a sad part. Because if you read the source materials, the world building in Wheel of Time is so far ahead of Witcher that it makes The Witcher seem like a joke. Shows how much these so called "Directors" should never be allowed to alter the source material too much for their so-called useless "Vision". Pay to adapt a series - then adapt it by staying true to the source to the best of your ability and then get out.

7 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Spoiler question:

Spoiler

In the books, do Ezekiel and Roach somehow come back?! Or do they not die at all and this is something the showmakers cooked up?

Also, what's up with that trailer at the end for Blood Origins, is it canon and based on some book or entirely new stories taking place in the world of Witcher?

Cobra Kai season 4 out on Netflix :dance:
My sister in law and kids are staying with us so we spend most of time watching movies and all.

Still managed to watch the first episode. What a fantastic build up for the season and really excited for the new character introduced who I am not naming here. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Done with season 4. That was very entertaining. Like 8/10 level with good pacing, good fights, good references, a good amount of laughs too. 

Some thoughts:

Spoiler

Glad Tory won but also not happy that the ref got bribed. This will haunt her next season and Sam getting a clean win will suck. :/

Was rooting for Robbie to win clean but didn't happen. He is leagues above and should have won easily. The fight was fantastic at least.

Tired of Sam love crap. Sam in general sucks. Her character is shite and brings Miguel down so much it is tiring to see. Going to be another season of I lost sad crap from her. 

Tory and Sam's stuff need to over already. Super repetitive. 

Miguel got done dirty and the whole dad stuff felt forced.

Needed more karate and training. The new characters needed some development too but only Kenny had some scenes while the other 2 didn't.

Silver was amazing as the antagonist. Didn't see the ending coming but sets up well for next season.

Kreese change of character and team up with LaRusso/Johnny??? 

The bet felt weird with going from Cobra Kai loses and shuts down or wins and opens season for new kids to whoever loses shuts down. But then Daniel just decides to break the agreement and now wants to continue again. 

Still a very good season. Sucks having to wait for another year for season 5. 

Edited by Joe Cool

Thoroughly enjoyed Cobra kai this season. Final fight was awesome and has to be the best choreographed of the series. Silver was brilliant. Very excited for next season whose filming has already been done.

Oh ya and that final scene with the guy who I don't wanna name pairing up with Daniel [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Started watching Dopesick on hotstar and it's a real eye opener. It's about how Purdue Pharma spearheaded a campaign which left millions of unsuspecting Americans with debilitating drug addiction through widespread corruption and malpractice.

The actors are also really good. So good that you really end up hating them. 

Do watch it, guys. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Started watching Dopesick on hotstar and it's a real eye opener. It's about how Purdue Pharma spearheaded a campaign which left millions of unsuspecting Americans with debilitating drug addiction through widespread corruption and malpractice.

The actors are also really good. So good that you really end up hating them. 

Do watch it, guys. 

Read the book. 

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2021 at 2:33 PM, gecko89 said:

Spoiler question:

Hide contents

In the books, do Ezekiel and Roach somehow come back?! Or do they not die at all and this is something the showmakers cooked up?

Also, what's up with that trailer at the end for Blood Origins, is it canon and based on some book or entirely new stories taking place in the world of Witcher?

Spoiler

Eskel doesn't die in the games (Witcher 3 is set quite a good number of years in the future). I haven't gone too far into the books yet, but I am pretty sure he doesn't die like the way it's been depicted in the series. Yennefer also doesn't lose her powers btw.

In the books, Geralt mentions that he names every horse he's owned as Roach. So my guess is that Roach has died a couple of times. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Thanks 1