~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

17 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I'm not sure about movies (depending on the nature of the content and/or the version they received), but for the TV shows, most of their recent additions have been uncensored. I matched the HBO MAX runtime as well and it's in line with this release. I do remember Amazon doing some random censorship on STARZ shows they had back then, but don't think most of the recent content on any network are being cut out too heavily. 

Yeah, GoT is completely uncensored, and I guess it's safe to assume most recent additions are uncensored too.

2 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

What exactly are they butchering on these shows?

Some political content here and there. Some "offensive" jokes. 

The episode on Modi did not air for weeks, and i didn't track since YouTube was uncensored anyway. Not sure if it has ever gone live on Hotstar. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Some political content here and there. Some "offensive" jokes. 

The episode on Modi did not air for weeks, and i didn't track since YouTube was uncensored anyway. Not sure if it has ever gone live on Hotstar. 

Ah yes, politics and religion, two of the most ultra sensitive topics of our country. :( 

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I wouldn't trust Hotstar blindly though.

They have a completely butchered version of Starship Troopers. It has close to half an hour's worth of runtime snipped off :lol:

Wtf did they censor in starship troopers?

Watching the creative work of the underappreciated TV show maestro Chris Carter. His work reflects his utter genius.

I have watched the X Files TV show till season 8 episode 3, and the Millennium series 1, and enjoyed every minute.

Between the X Files and Millennium, the X Files is obviously the better of the two. But the Millennium also has some exceptional episodes like the Well Worn Lock and the Wild and the Innocent.

My best pick from the X files include Ice, Beyond the Sea,  the Drive, the Fathers, Syzygy, Schizogyny, Musings of the Cigarette Smoking Man, Piper Maru, Teso Dos Bichos, One Son, Dreamland 1 and Dreamlamd 2. Season 3 was the best of them all.

Unlike other TV shows, you never get bored with the X Files as every single episode was unique and entertaining to watch.

Next on my list of Chris Carter entertainment

include the Millennium remainig series 2 and 3, Lone Gunman show that aired for just one series, X Files remainig series 8 to 11, and the X Files games on PS1 and PS2.

I watch the shows twice a day during breakfast and dinner, and hopefully complete remaining episodes in about 2 to 3 months. 

Most today's US TV shows apart from The Flash are boring, af.

TV shows that I have watched every season include the Fresh Prince of Bell Air, Full House, Fuller House, Sherlock Holmes (Benedict and Freeman), and the Big Bang show. 

Of them all, I rate X files as the best, next the Big Bang,  and third Fresh Prince of Bell Air. 

I don't watch US shows anymore as the quality has gone down a lot with mostly crappy stories and overacting. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Damn. Need to re-watch. Watched in 2011 last. 

Some of the early effects don't hold up very well now and ends up looking very comical. The horrible dialogues didn't help either, but thankfully, Andy's role as Spartacus was perfect. It gets really good mid-way through the season. The latter seasons got even better with the action sequences. It was a fun ride to be honest. I think it should be available on one of those Amazon's add-on channels service (Lionsgate?). 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You should give House MD and Elementary a go if you like Sherlock. Much better shows albeit not as stylish. Sherlock become pretty silly in the last season.

Thanks for the suggestions. 

You are right the show got a bit insane in the end. But some of the middle episodes were quite entertaining. It brought a modern twist to the classical tale. 

The show won BAFTAs Best Drama series award in 2011. I think that the acting by Freeman and Cumberbatch was first class; both the actors won Prime Time Emmy awards. 

Edited by Legacy Gamer
Deleted a sentence

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Some of the early effects don't hold up very well now and ends up looking very comical. The horrible dialogues didn't help either, but thankfully, Andy's role as Spartacus was perfect. It gets really good mid-way through the season. The latter seasons got even better with the action sequences. It was a fun ride to be honest. I think it should be available on one of those Amazon's add-on channels service (Lionsgate?). 

I've the bluray collection. Everything uncensored. Will give it a whirl....someday. 

• Like 1

Netflix has opted not to order a second season of Resident Evil, its action horror series loosely based on the popular video game franchise. The news, which comes a months and a half after the series' July 14 release, is not entirely surprising as the drama did not have a particularly strong showing on Netflix's Top 10 and cost vs. viewing is the streamer's leading renewal criterion.

https://deadline.com/2022/08/resident-evil-series-canceled-netflix-one-season-1235101187/

• Like 1

so i got that 6months free for Apple TV+ and already completed Severance and Ted lasso both season(season 2 was a let down) 

what other good shows they have?? also what you guys will recommend??

7 hours ago, KrIzAliD said:

so i got that 6months free for Apple TV+ and already completed Severance and Ted lasso both season(season 2 was a let down) 

what other good shows they have?? also what you guys will recommend??

If you are okay with subtitles then the Korean show Pachinko is brilliant, don't watch it in English because it kills the immersion and looks artificial. 

Black Bird is also pretty good. 

• Like 1