~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

On 11/27/2017 at 11:24 PM, Joe Cool said:

The IT Crowd is an excellent show. Can watch anytime and still have a laugh or two. That Reynholm intro (or pretty much anything he does) is hilarious every time. 0JL98da.png 

Mind Your Language, IT Crowd, and Always Sunny in Philadelphia pretty much trumps all modern comedy shows. 

We have something in common. Shaun of the Dead is so much fun. qeO577c.png

i just completed season 3 of its always sunny in philadelphia and was watching season 4 episode 2....the gang solves the gas crisis.....laughed way more than I should have :P

2 hours ago, kold_war said:

i just completed season 3 of its always sunny in philadelphia and was watching season 4 episode 2....the gang solves the gas crisis.....laughed way more than I should have 

One of the best episode. WILDCARD, BIIIIITCHES. bRFPBTK.png 

Now watch season 8, episode 2. After all those years, they still remember and added a twist towards the end which connects to Gang Solves The Gas Crisis episode. 0dn8HP9.png

A lot of references. The guy's house blows up towards the end of the episode also shows up later. 

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 8:59 PM, adity said:

The only great Netflix Marvel show is Daredevil. Rest all range from shite to decent. 

not really, the first few seasons of HoC & OITNB were pretty awesome.  Even Stranger Things, Luke Cage, Black Mirror were pretty good .  I do agree that the quality of shows in NF is decreasing.  Not seen mindhunters or any of the new shows apart from punisher.

BTW, how is Godless ? Each episode is like 70 mins log :O is it a mini-series like band of brothers ?

On 11/28/2017 at 8:59 PM, adity said:

The only great Netflix Marvel show is Daredevil. Rest all range from shite to decent. 

not really, the first few seasons of HoC & OITNB were pretty awesome.  Even Stranger Things, Luke Cage, Black Mirror were pretty good .  I do agree that the quality of shows in NF is decreasing.  Not seen mindhunters or any of the new shows apart from punisher.

BTW, how is Godless ? Each episode is like 70 mins log :O is it a mini-series like band of brothers ?

On 11/27/2017 at 11:24 PM, Joe Cool said:

The IT Crowd is an excellent show. Can watch anytime and still have a laugh or two. That Reynholm intro (or pretty much anything he does) is hilarious every time. 0JL98da.png 

Mind Your Language, IT Crowd, and Always Sunny in Philadelphia pretty much trumps all modern comedy shows. 

Have you watched "Yes Minister"? It's an old British comedy show, but it's excellent. Up there with "mind Your Language" and IMO better than "IT Crowd" as well.

• Like 1

Done with 1st episode of "Godless" and I've to say it's totally epic.  I don't know how the rest of the series holds up, but going by the first episode, its some oscar level stuff !  They've perfectly nailed the wild west atmosphere while maintaining to keep it grounded in reality.  It's this kind of stuff that makes the monthly sub worth it !

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

Have you watched "Yes Minister"? It's an old British comedy show, but it's excellent. Up there with "mind Your Language" and IMO better than "IT Crowd" as well.

Usually not into 1h comedy shows but will check it out. Looks good. Thanks. gJNuAzV.png

__

As for Marvel shows: Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones S1 are done well. The Runaways is shaping up solid too. 

16 hours ago, roun90 said:

1 hr? Each episode is only around 24-30 mins. Anyway do check it out. It's really nice.

My bad. IMDB listed it as 1h. Anyways, just started watching. Pretty good so far. Love the light humour and politics with tea and snack. I2Rqjye.png

What about Yes, Prime Minister? Seems to have same characters. 

• Like 1

@Joe Cool Yes, Prime Minister is basically the sequel to Yes Minister. So it does have the same characters. From the title itself you will know why it's called "Yes, Prime Minister"

Anyway, if you like old comedies and don't mind movies, watch "The Gods must be Crazy". It's an awesome movie. Basic premise being an empty bottle of Coca-Cola is dropped, unbroken, from an airplane onto the ground near a very primitive tribe in Africa, who think it's a gift from the Gods. Try it. It's hilarious.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HEMAN said:

I watch it it's still funny but not as funny as it used to be.

Exactly. Things went way over the top and kind of ruined. Gina is super annoying. The early seasons of 99 were great.

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

@Joe Cool Yes, Prime Minister is basically the sequel to Yes Minister. So it does have the same characters. From the title itself you will know why it's called "Yes, Prime Minister"

Anyway, if you like old comedies and don't mind movies, watch "The Gods must be Crazy". It's an awesome movie. Basic premise being an empty bottle of Coca-Cola is dropped, unbroken, from an airplane onto the ground near a very primitive tribe in Africa, who think it's a gift from the Gods. Try it. It's hilarious.

Nice, nice. Going to watch that too. Thanks. tw3WbAw.png

4 hours ago, adity said:

No one seems to mention Brooklyn Nine-Nine. 

It's a really good sitcom and has been consistently funny till now. 

it was good for the first two seasons , after that its just about ok.  some of the gags started getting repetitive too :-/