~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

11 hours ago, kmkaks said:

Underwhelmed by the boys season 2. Like Joe said, too many pointless characters. I still don’t understand the church of the collective storyline with the Fresca and all that. 

Some of the character actions made absolutely no sense and the timing of events were rushed af.

Episode 6 was the best in season 2 imo.

Is there a next season? I mean every characters ark feels complete?

Did you watch final episode completely? Big twist at the end.

10 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Did you watch final episode completely? Big twist at the end.

Yeah,  I did, but every other characters arc ended in cliched and predictable manner, with overall typical American millennial culture messaging. Hated that they made my favorite character a pathetic harmless wanker too.

It’s not like the boys can do anything they haven’t done so far. Unless, the villains become real heroes. That would be cool.

19 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Huh? Season-2 is much better than Season-1. The characters are explored more and we get to know more about the history of Vought.  Finale was the tits!

History of vought was good agreed!

So thank you Cobra Kai.

A couple of weeks back my daughter really got into Cobra Kai. She I mean she really got into it. As soon as that was done she watched the Karate Kid I and II because she wanted to know everything. Then she really got into the 80's craze and binged all three seasons of Stranger Things. During the scene where Dustin and Suzie are singing she really liked the song. 

Haha time to introduce her to The Neverending Story :lol:

So yeah thank you Cobra Kai.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

You guys seriously need to read the comic books. 

28 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Oh man the comics are way better. The TV show is nothing lol.

Wow, Is it? I was considering this, but now that you guys have recommended, I will definitely check them out. 

Thanks, IVG recommendations have never let me down!

9 hours ago, adity said:

From what I've heard the comics are way too edgy. Doesn't hurt to try though. Entire series' kindle edition is free with amazon prime. 

I don't think so. Only series till vol 4 is free. Rest is paid. 

Done with Season 3 of Suits. I have watched 44 episodes (12+16+16) in a period of 4 days.  :fear1:

Also, Season 1 and 2 were good, definitely very enjoyable, but Season 3? Goddamn phenomenal.

It is a big deal, because before this I have never really watched more than an hour of TV in one day, and a max of 2-3 shows before this. 

Finally got free time, and whoops.

Spoiler

I hope Mike gets back to being a lawyer though, thats what makes the interactions fun. Although I'm glad they found a way to give the Harvey-Mike dynamic another twist by making them client-attorney. Looking forward to Season 4. 

On 10/9/2020 at 2:32 PM, kmkaks said:

Episode 6 was the best in season 2 imo.

Easily. And, yes, season 3 already confirmed. Spin-off also coming. 

On 10/9/2020 at 2:32 PM, quixote_1989 said:

At episode 9 of Ted Lasso, and I’m not sure how to get over this show. It is Just. So. Lovely.

I have never rooted for a character this hard.

Am glad everyone liked/liking Ted Lasso. The show was absolute joy to watch. 

On 10/9/2020 at 3:38 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

This was the vibe that I got from the first episode. Found it quite boring.

Wondering if I should continue or just save my time.

Still somewhat fun. The main bits are done well. Homelander as usual fantastic. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Also, Season 1 and 2 were good, definitely very enjoyable, but Season 3? Goddamn phenomenal.

If you liked season 3, you will enjoy 4 and 5 even more! I remember S4 having least shitty stuff and packed with lawsuits. 

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

If you liked season 3, you will enjoy 4 and 5 even more! I remember S4 having least shitty stuff and packed with lawsuits. 

Thats what I like. Less of Mike and Rachel, and more jam packed lawsuits. I don't even mind Donna. 

I've seen 3 eps of Season 4, so far so good. Enjoying the new dynamic.

34 minutes ago, Right said:

Watching Wild Wild Country

I don't know why I didn't earlier...

Its really a fascinating story about a man who was way ahead of the time..

Yeah. He could have been the President of USA today. Checks all the qualities. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

14 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. He could have been the President of USA today. Checks all the qualities. 

Anybody could be President of US, it is not much of a political contest, its more of a popularity contest.

But Rajneesh was something different . I have read a few books. 

1 hour ago, Right said:

Anybody could be President of US, it is not much of a political contest, its more of a popularity contest.

But Rajneesh was something different . I have read a few books. 

Ummm no, popular vote doesn't determine the president in US, Hillary had more votes than trump last time!

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Ummm no, popular vote doesn't determine the president in US, Hillary had more votes than trump last time!

That is not I meant by popular.

America has been selecting governors and presidents based on personas, not basis on political acumen but rather how they are perceived popular in the public.

Just anyone, with or w/o backing of a major political party can dream to become a pres/guv and can. George Clooney who long suspected a CIA project & Tom Hanks can be candidates sometime. I think Arnold could’ve been VEEP after his gubernatorial terms.

Trump was exactly like that, reality TV star, badboi billionaire...who bought support within Republicans to be on ticket, while career politicians just looked on.

Started watching The Haunting of Bly Manor, I am on Episode 3 and it's not as scary as the first one. But great acting all around and great atmosphere just like the first one. I'll finish the series and then conclude my views but I feel The Haunting of Hill House was scarier and the story was much more gripping.

Just saw Netflix is adding quite a bit of content to their catalogue this week-

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/coming-soon/whats-coming-to-netflix-this-week-october-12th-to-18th-2020/

Most excited for Start Up, but its gonna follow a weekly release pattern.  :wallbash:

At first we were talking about why they're doing this, but I don't think its to prevent binge watching. I think they don't want people subbing for a month, binging everything including latest releases, and then cancel, to sub again after 6 months, catch up on everything, rinse and repeat.  Sounds cumbersome, but has some logic to it. 

Can't think of anything else.