~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

So, I got obsessed with the entire Wild West from playing loads of RDR 2 for the last few weeks and decided to watch West World.

First Season was amazing and I loved it. Problem started with Season 2. The plot got significantly more convoluted and also certain episodes I found rather tedious and boring to finish. Now, today after watching the hour and a half long Season 2 finale my head hurts! It was so lingeringly confusing and so many timelines juxtaposed each other at tandem (*beep* you Bernard!!) that I'm wondering...

Should I pick up Season 3? Is it stupendously even more confusing? I mean I understand sometimes shows confuse the viewer and the layered structure adds a dramatic mystery to the story being told and all but Season 2 finale I felt was a mess.

Edited by Black_Hawk

2 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

So, I got obsessed with the entire Wild West from playing loads of RDR 2 for the last few weeks and decided to watch West World.

First Season was amazing and I loved it. Problem started with Season 2. The plot got significantly more convoluted and also certain episodes I found rather tedious and boring to finish. Now, today after watching the hour and a half long Season 2 finale my head hurts! It was so lingeringly confusing and so many timelines juxtaposed each other at tandem (*beep* you Bernard!!) that I'm wondering...

Should I pick up Season 3? Is it stupendously even more confusing? I mean I understand sometimes shows confuse the viewer and the layered structure adds a dramatic mystery to the story being told and all but Season 2 finale I felt was a mess.

Season 3 has a bit linear storyline if I remember correctly and will be easier to follow, quality wise S1 is still the best. You should give chance to S3, it opens up the series to a whole new level.

9 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

imo, Season 3 is not only worse than the high standards of the first 2 seasons, but also average quality tv in absolute terms. It wipes away all the goodwill of the series. Not worth the time. S1> S2 >>>>>>>S3  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

There is no 'Wild West' in season 3 anymore so thats that. It ends on a couple of intriguing cliffhangers though. 

Dolores usually got me through the boring and confusing parts and in Season 3 she looks damn hot :wub:. Gonna miss her.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I am sure there's a market. Selling sunset, Bollywood wives, Indian matchmaker, Bling empire, and now this. NF has been churning such shows consistently. 

I dig that sh1t yo

19 hours ago, hope said:

Haunting of Bly Manor wow. The most disappointing follow up ever :doh:

Hill House was Genuis filmmaking and this is so out of depth. What were they thinking :ko:

Zero Horror,Zero Scares. Until last 2 episodes, absolutely nothing happens. 

Extremely bad. So disappointed.

This. Lack of scares was the real scare :lol:

And my other nitpick was they should've used a fresh cast. I subconsciously managed to confuse happenings in 1 & 2 since i did both seasons back to back.

True. ill wait for it.....will be eventually added to Netflix India as well
Ya, I don't understand why Netflix India doesn't add them along with rest of world. Most new seasons are always late here. Don't feel like downloading stuff when you have a Netflix subscription.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Ya, I don't understand why Netflix India doesn't add them along with rest of world. Most new seasons are always late here. Don't feel like downloading stuff when you have a Netflix subscription.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Yeah same. Too lazy to download.

Finished my first K-Drama show 힘쎈여자 도봉순 (Strong Girl Bong-soon) and enjoyed it very much. ?

So many emotions equally split. Comedy/thriller/romance/meme/ridiculous stuff, everything was there. 

Mom was a shite person and couple of meh scenes after episode 8 but gets back on track quickly. It isn't take seriously type of show. 

Park Bo-young was so cute. Would pat her head whole day. ? Park Hyung-sik was good too. Almost takes you back to your teen days. ? I would totally rock that outfit.

Nice feel good light hearted show. Will re-watch after few months again. Till then time to check out some more K-Drama.