~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

I am a sucker for Camp Cretaceous. S1 was really good. S2 was OKish (Salvation was dope). 

S3 out on May 21st (the E750 secret should be revealed):

Saw both seasons in a go. Very entertaining and looking forward to 3rd.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

watched these recently :

1. Behind her eyes - the ending is superb, so is the buildup.  Don't get fooled with the whole love-triangle drama that starts in the beginning.  The plot is far more sinister than you can imagine, and also, one of the best twist endings I've seen in a long time.

2. F is for family - loved this.  Kinda like a satire on the family/society of 70's US.  Its an adult animated show (ex: southpark/archer) though.

3. Bombay Begums - was surprsingly good.  I picked it up as soon as I saw it on Netflix as I wanted to try something set in Indian.  Performances are good all around, the plot is nothing to cheer about, but think of it like a slice of life series of a bunch of women from across strata of the society.

4. Brooklyn 9-9 (season 7) - while i was a huge fan of the past seasons, se07 isn't working for me.  Looks like they dropped the ball in writing somewhere.

Looking for new recommendations, do let me know if there's anything interesting ? Something in the fantasy genre (no zombies pls) ?

Edited by Ne0
  • Like 2

F is for family was a surprise package .... bill burr has voiced the character of frank to perfection, although my favorite character has to be anthony, laugh whenever he's on screen :lol:

Edited by Ne0
  • Like 1

Watched the 1st ep of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Pretty good so far, they are definitely setting up a lot of things, Easter eggs everywhere

Spoiler

NuCap AKA USAgent was on screen for 5 seconds and I already wanted to punch him in his douchey face

Edited by Snake

Hmm, decent start. Very cinematic and well shot. The starting action sequence was good but rest of the episode felt average. The boat and loan sub-plot was boring and dragged. The writing/dialogues is standard Marvel stuff. 

Hoping for more Bucky screen time. 

Watching 'the last kingdom', and damn its good.  Still in first season, but the set pieces and atmosphere is so well done.  Can't believe a country that was so poor and ragged went on to conquer half the world in its later years !

12 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Hmm, decent start. Very cinematic and well shot. The starting action sequence was good but rest of the episode felt average. The boat and loan sub-plot was boring and dragged. The writing/dialogues is standard Marvel stuff.

That's what stood out the most for me. The production values were film-level, which means Disney went all in with the mouse money.

1 hour ago, Keyofx said:

That's what stood out the most for me. The production values were film-level, which means Disney went all in with the mouse money.

I need to catch up on both Wandavision and this (though I'm honestly least interested in Falcon). 

On 3/16/2021 at 9:21 AM, Joe Cool said:

Superman & Lois - 3 episodes done.

Tyler is carrying it. Fitting well in dad role. Static Superman scenes look bad but when motion the suit doesn't look that bad. The CGI is nice for a TV show. Some really good some quite bad. 

Jon casting is perfect and he's doing very well too. Lois, Sarah, Jordan trash. The less they are shown the better. 

Overall better start than I was hoping. 

I just can't take that Lois seriously. She is the ugliest Lois ever. And Clark falls for her in first meeting. Unbelievable. Should have cast someone else for a title role.

Couple of thoughts. Does anyone watch Formula 1: Drive to Survive in here? I haven’t followed F1 in years but I have seen all three seasons, very well produced show. Also, who else has seen Twin Peaks on Hotstar ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Couple of thoughts. Does anyone watch Formula 1: Drive to Survive in here? I haven’t followed F1 in years but I have seen all three seasons, very well produced show. Also, who else has seen Twin Peaks on Hotstar ?

Is the F1 docu as good as The Last Dance? It's been ages since I followed F1 too, so it'll be an interesting watch.

Twin Peaks is great, but I haven't watched Season 3 yet.

Is the F1 docu as good as The Last Dance? It's been ages since I followed F1 too, so it'll be an interesting watch.

Twin Peaks is great, but I haven't watched Season 3 yet.

You”ll be hard pressed to find any sports doc as good as the last dance, having said that “drive to survive” really shines based on the off track personalities of the team directors and some of the racers. The most recent season was pretty good, it showed how the sport dealt with the COVID stuff and a lot of off-track drama.

Season 3 is sadly not on Hotstar, I’m slowly going through season 2 and it’s such a good show. I hope they do add the third season soon.
  • Like 1