Need a lil help with Load Balancing / Dual Wan routers

Chaztin

Hello all,

My problem is that the location where I am putting up right now has either connections with FUPs or Costly connections. I am using Reliance WiMax 1.56 mbps connection and paying almost 3k for the same. I searched a bit on their website and found out that they have a Zoom 1 plan which is a 1 mbps unlimited plan with no FUP and I am planning to go for two such connections and combine their bandwidth. Also Zoom 1 plan upgrades to 2 mbps speed from 1 mbps post 10 PM so the speed I would be receiving would be 4 mbps paying almost the same amount that is 3k.

The only issue now is that I am searching for a suitable Dual Wan / Load Balancing router, a good and stable one and unable to find a perfect one.

Some of the routers that I think might suit the purpose are...(but all of them are having totally mixed reviews)

ZyXEL ZyWALL USG50

Duolinks SW24

Xincom XC-DPG502

If anybody has used any such router before or has information regarding the same kindly help me out through this.

Also I am quite sure the connection that I will be receiving would be DHCP.

Mods can lock the thread once I receive some information regarding suitable router.

Not very sure of the exact method, but two normal routers + software configuration on your OS should do it. You will need to connect to both the routers simultaneously so you can connect one over LAN and one over WiFi.

Googling shows this method on Windows : http://www.geekswhoknow.com/articles/load-balance-two-internet-connections.htm It seems a little too simple, but Windows has a way of surprising with its hidden functionalities sometimes.

@Mods : Please shift this to Techzone.

Archived