Should I remove game disc from ps3 before turning the power off.

gmanu555

Hi Guys,

I have 2 questions

1. Should I remove the game cd from ps3 before turning it off, or is it okay to have the game cd in the ps3.

2. If there is a power failure while playing the ps3 does this damage my ps3.

How can I prevent any damages to my ps3.

Ideally it shouldn't make a difference, but there have been many cases where the drive stops reading the disc and there's one stuck inside. So to be safe, eject the disc before turning off.

Hi Guys,

I have 2 questions

1. Should I remove the game cd from ps3 before turning it off, or is it okay to have the game cd in the ps3.

2. If there is a power failure while playing the ps3 does this damage my ps3.

How can I prevent any damages to my ps3.

Don't use it ever... :P

j/k bro.

1. you can leave the disc inside.. that won't cause any problem... just remember to switch it off properly.

2. It does harms PS3 if it is happening frequently... Connecting it to UPS is a good option but as heard from some people Sony doesn't recommend to connect PS3 to a UPS.... I do it however, atleast I get some time to switch it off properly...

Sharing my experience : I left a game disc in the PS3 for around 5 days (didn't power it up during that time). Eventually when I powered it up, the disc ejected fine but it stopped reading discs completely. Thankfully it was in warranty so got it replaced.

Sharing my experience : I left a game disc in the PS3 for around 5 days (didn't power it up during that time). Eventually when I powered it up, the disc ejected fine but it stopped reading discs completely. Thankfully it was in warranty so got it replaced.

should be one odd case. Never bothered abt ejecting the disc before switching off for three years now and its running fine all the time.

only if you sleep naked at night.

:giggle:

kidding mate.. you can leave the disc in there... The only precaution to take is not to move the ps3 while it's switched on with a disc inside.

Archived