Ps3 help needed

armaan

I got a new 80 gb hard drive but how I suppose to remove the ps3 hard drive ?? The YouTube videos show after removing the screw there this metal lach to pull but my ps3 dose not have one......someone plz help me

Firstly, I presume you have managed to figure out how to put the new hard disk in the PS3. That's half the job done.

As for the second, I don't think so you can put a blank HDD in your PS3 and start it up. Not sure about this point. Because most HDD upgrade guides suggest one must copy the contents of old HDD to the new one first, before placing it in the PS3. If you have a friend's PS3 available, clone his HDD over yours. That should do the trick.

And post your experience here so its helpful to others in the future.

Ok I'll do that can you just tell wen I put blank hdd it yet says the same 'cannot start the correct hard disk was not found'

Looking for a fast reply

See, the PS3 operating system (XMB) is installed on the hard disk. So it needs to be installed on the hdd BEFORE you place it in the PS3.

during my days with L&T we had a saying...

when in doubt, goto lamington :bigyellowgrin: dont know the answer to ur queries mate.....but i'm sure you'll find a repair guy there

Wow what a reply..sure this will help him :thumbsup:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5909868_fix-hard-drive-disk-corrupt.html

Use this step on ur new HDD. For new software updates. U can go to settings and do it

Archived