Gears of War 2

janu dilber

What to fix with Gears Of War 2

Submitted by matt on Wed, 01/02/2008 - 11:08am.

From Gamers Divided

1: Longer Campaign

"Oh crap they got me down. HELP!" The campaign of Gears Of War was revolutionary in regards to its co-operative multiplayer campaign. With the ability to play the game and invite a friend, or to be playing and have my game open for my friends to join was awesome. I played the entire game with a friend of mine, and we enjoyed ever minute of it. The only problem was the enjoyment was a little short lived, and left me waiting more. Luckily the multiplayer aspect of the game kept us playing 3 nights a week for about 1 year, so it worked out to our advantage in the end. But I would still like to see a longer campaign in the sequel.

2: Hosted Multiplayer Servers

“Gee, can you guess who the host is?” As I stated before, we played GOW multiplayer for approximately 1 year usually 3 nights a week. But that’s not to say there are not flaws in the multiplayer experience, and the biggest one is the host advantage. If you have played the game, then you know what I mean. I don’t care how you fix it, just do it. The logical solution is to use some of the money I pay for my XBOX Live subscription and put it towards some servers to host multiplayer games on. If you figure out how to do it without hosted centralized servers fine, but if not then bite the bullet and host it for us.

3: End the Chainsaw invincibility glitch

How many times have you witnessed a comrade fall victim to the chainsaw bayonet? (I love dishing out someones demise that way). You know it’s too late to save your friend, but try to kill the enemy while he is chain sawing your team mate, but your weapon seems ineffective. I should not have to wait for someone to complete their chainsaw or curb stomp animation for me to kill them. Epic, make it so.

4: Sticky tags round ending

Ok. If it is me and 1 enemy remaining and he tags me with a sticky grenade, but he also dies in the explosion, don’t give him a kill and a win. Or worse, don’t give me the victory when all I did was stand next to him when I blew up. No, if we both die from the same grenade, call it a draw.

5: Ranked Matches

Let me play ranked matches with my friends. The achievements are mine to unlock, you don’t have to make me play with totally random people who I have no faith in completing a match to the end. If me and my friends are going on together, its because we want to play the entire game together.

6: Active Reload

Something has to be done about active reload in multiplayer matches. How many times have you been killed (or done the killing) by continually being downed by a shot from the sniper rifle that someone has the active reload on. I propose a few different things.

First, make active reload selectable when setting up a multiplayer match. Some times you might active reload so much that you want to disable it for a while.

Second, don't make active reload available unless you are firing rounds at actual enemies. How many times have you been watching someone on the spectator cam setting up active reload when they are not even near combat? You should only get the credit for pulling off the active reload in the heat of battle.

Third, at least for the sniper rifle, make it work only every other shot. Great, you downed me with a active reload shot, thats fair, but don't give that person the ability to keep downing me until I am dead.

Last, vary the timing of the active reload, make it a little harder to pull off.

didnt they getrid of the chainsaw invincibility with 1 of the updates in gears 1.....n when u frag tag i think if the tagged person blows u up 2 then it should be the tagged persons victory.....it was kind of fun running away from the person after tagging......n if i got tagged i would sure as hell lov to blow up in the taggers face n achieve victory too

didnt they getrid of the chainsaw invincibility with 1 of the updates in gears 1.....n when u frag tag i think if the tagged person blows u up 2 then it should be the tagged persons victory.....it was kind of fun running away from the person after tagging......n if i got tagged i would sure as hell lov to blow up in the taggers face n achieve victory too

actually,da tag is not much of a prob.wen som1 tags u n u both blow up,da 1 who tagged u who be da winner but if ,for example,u were hit by a few lancer bullets be4 u tagged ur opponent,u will lose coz u had more damage

i've already played it....if u mean MP, i dont play much of MP...any game

Xeno: u were probably around on the xbox forums before 360i started when we were all going crazy waiting for GeoW to release....lol cant believe i wanted GeoW that badly.....man the amount we abused M$ India for delaying the indian release :dance:

peace

lol yea,i no ,i was dere alrite.well actually it was da sp tat disappointed evry1 ,gow was surely a new thing,way too gud graphics,new gameplay but den most ppl dropped it jus coz it dint hav an appealin sp campaign

dude seriously, all those GOOD times we had on gears will be back :dance:

really hope they add some new and innovative weapons, the torque bow was the sh*t!

not to mention, some new headshot animations arent a bad idea either...fking love the sound of heads getting blown off :D

^^exactly.. relly those gr8 times will be back. hope they will bring in some new gameplay mechanics that'll make the game even more interesting. let's c if they bring on some new weapons even greater than torque bow and the sound effects of sniper shot are even more satisfying..

Archived