NEEDED HELP

kalish121

Hi guys i am doing my MBBS course in Tamilnadu Dr.MGR university ,this year our university made a new rule that for passing 1st year MBBS a student must have a 50% marks in all individual papers(i mean separately in paper 1 and 2 of same subject not combined ) (a subject consists of Four papers (Theory-1,2),ORAL AND PRACTICAL),because of this rule more than 700 students had failed in MBBS if a student fails in a paper he will not be allowed to continue the second year until he clears it(i,e no carry over) But according to MCI(Medical council of India)If a student gets aggregate of 50% by combining theory papers(1 and 2) and oral he is declared to be pass in that subject , so our students have sued the university in court to follow the MCI norms ,It would be very helpful if you can ask one of your friend or relative who is studying MBBS in any university as what is minimum criteria

for passing 1st year MBBS ,i had looked into various university websites many dont have information and many hadn't even updated their websites

I consider IVG members as my brothers i dont consider it as a general gaming website ,please if u could tell me the minimum criteria for passing 1st year MBBS it would be very helpful to more than 700+ students life,and can save them from being in an intermediate batch,helpsmilie.gifi hope u guys can help me as i dont have contact with any north indian students please help me in this regard it

please mention as in what university he or she is studying and minimum pass criteria

Guys as of now i got following information

Maharastra university is following MCI norms thanks to sufyan

karnataka a.k.a rajiv gandhi university is following MCI norms Thanks to freelancer

kerala university of health sciences is also following MCI norms

I want to know about other states it makes the case stronger

Sorry none of my relatives or friends are doctors. Others can help. Pretty stupid rule really. Everything should be considered for passing.

yup moreover our stupid university made this rule only after 3 months when we joined the college

I Passed out out of Maharashtra University of Health Sciences and the rules for passing were as follows

50% in Theory(Paper 1 and 2)+ Viva combined

50% in Practicals

35% in Internals to be eligible for give University Exams,50% to pass internals(you had to cover the 15% in the Uni exams)

50% of the Grand Total

5 marks Grace in only 1 Subject

Hope this helps.Pm me if you need more info.

I Passed out out of Maharashtra University of Health Sciences and the rules for passing were as follows

50% in Theory(Paper 1 and 2)+ Viva combined

50% in Practicals

35% in Internals to be eligible for give University Exams,50% to pass internals(you had to cover the 15% in the Uni exams)

50% of the Grand Total

5 marks Grace in only 1 Subject

Hope this helps.Pm me if you need more info.

Thanks a lot dude,pm sent please reply bro

Sorry couldn't reply earlier bro. Was busy.

Anyways, we had the same criteria as outlined by Sufy (studied in BRD, Gorakhpur affliated to Gorakhpur Unuversity). Unfortunately, can't link to any official document as the site is horrible and nothing is updated on it apart from the results. Most of the links end up as errors (or testing pages).

Edit: PM Blitz as well. He's from Delhi.

Sorry couldn't reply earlier bro. Was busy.

Anyways, we had the same criteria as outlined by Sufy (studied in BRD, Gorakhpur affliated to Gorakhpur Unuversity). Unfortunately, can't link to any official document as the site is horrible and nothing is updated on it apart from the results. Most of the links end up as errors (or testing pages).

Edit: PM Blitz as well. He's from Delhi.

thanks for your reply bro,but can u confirm me whether this rule is still followed?It would be a lot helpful

How are there 700+ students in 1 yr....I'm assuming this is a deemed University. :surprise:

The rule seems pretty fair...When i was studying we had these minimum criteria:

Theory: 50% minimum irrespective of practicals/clinics.

Practical: 50% minimum irrespective of theory.

These included Internals as well but we had to pass those too, no relaxation whatsoever....No grace marks nothing & no carry overs.

You might hate me for this but, frankly speaking if one can't score 50% marks even they aren't fit to continue to second year. Gotta be good enough.

You might hate me for this but, frankly speaking if one can't score 50% marks even they aren't fit to continue to second year. Gotta be good enough.

+1. I don't mean to be rude, but seriously why can't you pass with 50% or more in each section? Is it THAT hard? My dad's a doctor, my gf's well on the way to becoming one. Neither of them have gone below 50% ever either, and the latter isn't the class topper either. So I don't get why scoring 50% is that big a problem.

I think he's referring to all the colleges coming under (as in, affiliated to) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_Nadu_Dr._M.G.R._Medical_University in Tamilnadu when he says 700+ students. What college are u from kalish121?

How are there 700+ students in 1 yr....I'm assuming this is a deemed University. :surprise:

The rule seems pretty fair...When i was studying we had these minimum criteria:

Theory: 50% minimum irrespective of practicals/clinics.

Practical: 50% minimum irrespective of theory.

These included Internals as well but we had to pass those too, no relaxation whatsoever....No grace marks nothing & no carry overs.

Its not a deemed university its govt undertaking

I too agree some what with u , i myself passed but many of my friends couldnt make it ,more over if u say the rule is FAIR IT should be implemented across INDIA there should not be any discrimination, If my friend studied in any other university he might had passed and MCI(Comprises of Experts in the field formulated a rule)then why these guys should make a new rule?they are arguying they are trying to improve standard of study thats good but we should not be discriminated ,ok there are many students passed in other university by getting aggregate of 50% so whether they are not good doctors?

You too passed by getting aggregate of 50% in theory SO U R NOT A GOOD DOCTOR?we are arguying to get that rule only, Here u have to pass seperately in all the papers i mean seperately 50% in theory1and 2 not combined

The only way to get the university to change the rule is to go on a mass strike if you can coordinate it across all the colleges affiliated to the University. It'll be a long drawn out procedure but usually yields results.

Going via the legal route is a no-go as the university isn't violating the law. Although if you can get documents to prove that the university passed the rule after you joined, then maybe you have a case. University boards will hold meetings and you have to get a hold of the MoM.

I've studied engineering and 'been there done that' this type of scenario because a rule was implemented after we joined. It took us more than a year to get that repealed. Coordination, unity and press coverage are the keys to success in such a scenario :D

The only way to get the university to change the rule is to go on a mass strike if you can coordinate it across all the colleges affiliated to the University. It'll be a long drawn out procedure but usually yields results.

Going via the legal route is a no-go as the university isn't violating the law. Although if you can get documents to prove that the university passed the rule after you joined, then maybe you have a case. University boards will hold meetings and you have to get a hold of the MoM.

I've studied engineering and 'been there done that' this type of scenario because a rule was implemented after we joined. It took us more than a year to get that repealed. Coordination, unity and press coverage are the keys to success in such a scenario :D

we are trying that too dude

Archived