NEEDED HELP

kalish121

+1. I don't mean to be rude, but seriously why can't you pass with 50% or more in each section? Is it THAT hard? My dad's a doctor, my gf's well on the way to becoming one. Neither of them have gone below 50% ever either, and the latter isn't the class topper either. So I don't get why scoring 50% is that big a problem.

I think he's referring to all the colleges coming under (as in, affiliated to) http://en.wikipedia....ical_University in Tamilnadu when he says 700+ students. What college are u from kalish121?

ask your dad how he passed while he was studying they should have followed MCI norms only

we are not asking anything for granted we are just asking the university to follow MCI norms

Its not a deemed university its govt undertaking

I too agree some what with u , i myself passed but many of my friends couldnt make it ,more over if u say the rule is FAIR IT should be implemented across INDIA there should not be any discrimination, If my friend studied in any other university he might had passed and MCI(Comprises of Experts in the field formulated a rule)then why these guys should make a new rule?they are arguying they are trying to improve standard of study thats good but we should not be discriminated ,ok there are many students passed in other university by getting aggregate of 50% so whether they are not good doctors?

You too passed by getting aggregate of 50% in theory SO U R NOT A GOOD DOCTOR?we are arguying to get that rule only, Here u have to pass seperately in all the papers i mean seperately 50% in theory1and 2 not combined

I passed with distinction so dont worry about my credentials & i think you're confusing the word "irresective" with "inclusive."

One has to get 50% minimum in theory n not cumulatively.

I agree with you that the rules should be fair & uniform throughout, but Tamil Nadu doesn't work that way. The number of private colleges there has far exceeded the MCI quota in the past 2-3 Yrs. The state allows for 60% reservation which is clearly against the Supreme Court rule of sub- 50% reservation quota......So i'm guessing if they can defy The Supreme Court ,you can't really expect them to follow other fair norms either.

M also a Medical Student n Rajiv Gandhi university (common for all medical colleges in karnataka who r not deemed) has put up d same rule.... Wht i am gonna say is "Suck it up, u r gonna b responsible wid people's lives, leave d course if u cant score even 50% !!! "

M also a Medical Student n Rajiv Gandhi university (common for all medical colleges in karnataka who r not deemed) has put up d same rule.... Wht i am gonna say is "Suck it up, u r gonna b responsible wid people's lives, leave d course if u cant score even 50% !!! "

can u give me the official link ?

I too agree some what with u , i myself passed but many of my friends couldnt make it ,more over if u say the rule is FAIR IT should be implemented across INDIA there should not be any discrimination, If my friend studied in any other university he might had passed and MCI(Comprises of Experts in the field formulated a rule)then why these guys should make a new rule?they are arguying they are trying to improve standard of study thats good but we should not be discriminated ,ok there are many students passed in other university by getting aggregate of 50% so whether they are not good doctors?

You too passed by getting aggregate of 50% in theory SO U R NOT A GOOD DOCTOR?we are arguying to get that rule only, Here u have to pass seperately in all the papers i mean seperately 50% in theory1and 2 not combined

This post has been edited by kalish121: Today, 11:51 AM

I wrote a similar letter to CBSE board whn my class teacher didnt give me d Admit Card n made me do remedial classes !!!!! :ha:

RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES, KARNATAKA

4th T Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560 041

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTH/83 SYN/Amend-MBBS-429/2009-10 31/07/2009

NOTIFICATION

Sub: Amendment to Ordinance governing MBBS Degreecourse 2004

Pertainingto Pass Criteria.

Ref:1) RGUHS Notification No. ACA/BOS-27/97-98, dated: 25/09/2004.

2) Orders of Hon'ble Supreme Court ofIndia in Civil appeal No. 3883 of 2006 (W.P) Nos. 122 and 125 of 2007dated: 1-6-2007 in Maharashtra Universityof Health Sciences V/s. Paryani Mukesh Jawaharlal and others.

3) Minutes of meeting of AcademicCouncil held on 06/05/2009.

4) Minutes of meeting of Syndicateheld on 05/06/2009.

5) Minutes of meeting of Syndicateheld on 30/07/2009.

-***-

In exercise of the powers conferredunder Section 35(1) of RGUHS Act, 1994, the Syndicate in its meeting held on30/07/2009, after detailed discussion on the orders of Hon'ble Supreme Court ofIndiain Civil appeal No. 3883 of 2006(W.P) Nos. 122 and 125 of 2007 dated: 01/06/2007 in Maharashtra University ofHealth Sciences V/s. Paryani Mukesh Jawaharlal and others is pleased to amendthe Ordinance governing MBBS Degree course 2004 pertaining to Pass Criteria asshown below:

NO.6 INTERNAL ASSESSMENT

Sl.

No.

Existing

Amended

1)

A student must secure at least 35% of total marks fixed for internal assessment in a particular subject in order to be eligible to appear in the University Examination of that subject. (Vide Medical Council of India Notification on Graduate Medical Education (Amendment) Regulations 2003, published in the Gazette of India Part III, Section 4, Extraordinary issued on 15th October 2003).

A student must secure at least 35% of total marks fixed for internal assessment in a particular subject in order to be eligible to appear in the University Examination of that subject. (Vide Medical Council of India Notification on Graduate Medical Education (Amendment) Regulations 2003, published in the Gazette of India Part III, Section 4, Extraordinary issued on 15th October 2003).

Contd…..2

-2-

NO.10 CRITERIA FOR PASS

Sl.

No.

Existing

Amended

1)

For declaration of pass in any subject in the University examination, a candidate shall pass both in Theory and Practical/Clinical examinations components separately as stipulated below:

The Theory component consists of marks obtained in University Written paper(s), Viva-Voce examination and internal Assessment (Theory). For a pass in theory, a candidate shall secure not less than 50% marks in aggregate i.e., marks obtained in written examination, viva-voce examination and internal assessment (theory) added together. For a pass in practical/clinical examination, a candidate shall secure not less than 50% marks in aggregate, i.e., marks obtained in university practical/clinical examination and internal assessment (practical) added together.

For declaration of pass in any subject in the University examination, a candidate shall pass both in Theory and Practical/Clinical examinations components separately as stipulated below:

The Theory component consists of marks obtained in University Written paper(s) & Viva-Voce examination only.

For a pass in theory, a candidate shall secure not less than 50% marks in aggregate i.e., marks obtained in University conducted written examination and viva-voce examination added together (excluding internal assessment marks).

For a pass in practical/clinical examination, a candidate shall secure not less than 50% marks i.e., marks obtained in university practical/clinical examination (excluding internal assessment marks).

A candidate not securing 50% marks in aggregate in Theory or Practical/Clinical examination in a subject shall be declared to have failed in that subject and is required to appear for both Theory and Practical /Clinical again in the subsequent examination in that subject.

A candidate not securing 50% marks in aggregate in Theory including viva (conducted by University) or Practical/Clinical examination (conducted by University) in a subject shall be declared to have failed in that subject and is required to appear for both Theory and Practical /Clinical again in the subsequent examination in that subject.

The above Amendment to Ordinance shall beapplicable for MBBS Examinations for the students admitted from the academic year 2009-10 and onwards.

By Order,

Sd/-

(Dr.VASANTHA KUMAR.S)

REGISTRAR

To

Principals of all Medical Colleges affiliated to RGUHS with a request to notify this on thenotice Board prominently and bring to the notice of all students takingadmission to MBBS Course.

@freelancer i dont know who is telling lie whether u or your university?

DO u kno RGUHS has a new scheme called RS3 ???? i guess u kno more thn me or the students who wrote exam under the new scheme !!!!

when u wrote your exams bro?your university changed rules?i m not fighting with you i just need information

That is certainly an unfair rule as its basically the same subject divided over 2 days so you get time to revise the voluminous subject matter,so if you get 55/100 in paper 1 and 45 in paper 2 of the same subject,there is no reason they should fail the student.Next thing you know,you may have pass every category of sub-questions(saqs,laqs,mcqs) separately.MCI has recommended a standard rule for passing throughout India so it should be no different for you.

That is certainly an unfair rule as its basically the same subject divided over 2 days so you get time to revise the voluminous subject matter,so if you get 55/100 in paper 1 and 45 in paper 2 of the same subject,there is no reason they should fail the student.Next thing you know,you may have pass every category of sub-questions(saqs,laqs,mcqs) separately.MCI has recommended a standard rule for passing throughout India so it should be no different for you.

+1 bro

DO u kno RGUHS has a new scheme called RS3 ???? i guess u kno more thn me or the students who wrote exam under the new scheme !!!!

Even if your university implemented such rules i think u might have supplementary exams and no odd batch but here u have to wait for 6 months

RS3 is the new revised scheme, exam pattern remains the same... for example : Anatomy

total marks - 300

paper 1 - 100

paper 2 - 100

viva vice - 40

internals - 60

u needed 50 % includin internal marks before to pass ! tht was awesome !

now u need 50% in theory to pass ! itz difficult but not impossible to get 50% !!!!

m in my final year !

True that.

@OP: But getting 50% ain't so tough. If nothing else works, do the past 10-12 year questions and you'll get through. :|

For practicals & viva, again, 50% is nothing. Even if you do moderately well, 60-70% + is easily given. In fact, they just help you to boost your score.

RS3 is the new revised scheme, exam pattern remains the same... for example : Anatomy

total marks - 300

paper 1 - 100

paper 2 - 100

viva vice - 40

internals - 60

u needed 50 % includin internal marks before to pass ! tht was awesome !

now u need 50% in theory to pass ! itz difficult but not impossible to get 50% !!!!

m in my final year !

This is what MCI norms say and This is what we want our university to follow thanks for your information bro

True that.

@OP: But getting 50% ain't so tough. If nothing else works, do the past 10-12 year questions and you'll get through. :|

For practicals & viva, again, 50% is nothing. Even if you do moderately well, 60-70% + is easily given. In fact, they just help you to boost your score.

THIS. You can get 60-65% marks easily if solve the previous papers.

Guys as of now i got following information

Maharastra university is following MCI norms thanks to sufyan

karnataka a.k.a rajiv gandhi university is following MCI norms Thanks to freelancer

I want to know about other states it makes the case stronger

Archived