Grand Theft Auto V

Snake

Wow! Really, 607MB and we can play? Other developers really have to learn from R*. :majesty:

Nope. The initial download file means absolutely nothing. It will let you launch the game and perhaps play through the intro (5-10 mins?) before you're greeted with a message saying you need to download the remaining 44.5GB :)

I learnt this the hard way with Shadow of Mordor - the first title I ever pre-loaded. The initial download size showed as 6GB... I was like, "Okay? That's it?"

I unknowingly shut off my PS4 after downloading the 6GB, thinking i'd be able to play a fair amount of it before the game prompted me to download the remaining chunk of data.

I played through literally 5 minutes of the introduction before I had to stop... I was so pissed. I only later found out that you can see the full download in the background by going to Options> Information and that I ideally should have put my PS4 on standby mode while the rest downloaded in the background.

Long story short - the initial 607MB download file means nothing :D

Im still waiting to get charged :$

You don't have to wait to get charged in order to download the game :)

I just pre-ordered mine and it's downloading just fine.

Edited by KiranB28

Nope. The initial download file means absolutely nothing. It will let you launch the game and perhaps play through the intro (5-10 mins?) before you're greeted with a message saying you need to download the remaining 44.5GB :)

I learnt this the hard way with Shadow of Mordor - the first title I ever pre-loaded. The initial download size showed as 6GB... I was like, "Okay? That's it?"

I unknowingly shut off my PS4 after downloading the 6GB, thinking i'd be able to play a fair amount of it before the game prompted me to download the remaining chunk of data.

I played through literally 5 minutes of the introduction before I had to stop... I was so pissed. I only later found out that you can see the full download in the background by going to Options> Information and that I ideally should have put my PS4 on standby mode while the rest downloaded in the background.

Mine isnt downloading bro, though it shows in shows in my transaction history that i have pre ordered and i have the option to cancel it, but apart from that no differance :(

Mine isnt downloading bro, though it shows in shows in my transaction history that i have pre ordered and i have the option to cancel it, but apart from that no differance :(

Ahh. I prefer to keep money in my Sony wallet always topped up (via debit card).. maybe that's the difference?

Though money hasn't been deducted from my wallet balance yet! Dunno... i've always been able to start a preload like this.

Edited by KiranB28
  • Like 1

My debit card details are added, i was able to purchase mgs 4 with out any issues, even on the psn website i can see the gta 5 download details and it shows download in que and will download once the ps4 is turned on but nothing happens :(

My debit card details are added, i was able to purchase mgs 4 with out any issues, even on the psn website i can see the gta 5 download details and it shows download in que and will download once the ps4 is turned on but nothing happens :(

Delete it from the queue via your PC browser, and manually add it via the PS4 store perhaps? Weird :(

A good feature nevertheless to get you started while the rest of the game downloads in the background.

Delete it from the queue via your PC browser, and manually add it via the PS4 store perhaps? Weird :(

Checked the service list and for some reason my pre order was cancelled :( pre ordered it again and now the game and the update file is downloading, just a question was the 100000000 Bonus only till a specific date? or will i still get it..