Sony Dropping Gamesharing on PS3 from 5 to 2 from Nov 18th

The only positive thing about it is the ability to remotely activate/deactivate systems using a website like X360. Its one step forward two steps back in a typical Sony fashion.

I think the motive is completely related to revenues.

I dunno how organized is sharing to grab serious eyeballs, I mean if Sony feels that they are losing out 30-40% of potential revenues because of it, they are well within the rights to plug this hole.

Can you share your id which has PS+ on other system to avail the stuff?

it is cool to sound like you have never done anything even remotely immoral - this is why everybody is appreciating this

now for devs consider this-

I recently bought BF3 along with 5 other people, we would haev never bought it as retail price and would have picked it off TP if there was no sharing

so no sharing - no copies sold - no profit to dev

sharing - at least one copy sold (the one we shared) - profit to dev

not like this is a general case, but this is the case mostly

:D

I was just keeding :console:

i Know :hug:

I've never shared before.....why do most of you guys appreciate this?

Seems like a WIN-LOSE situation for Sony-Customers.

Yeah I don't get the cheers either. Even if you've never shared before you're losing privileges as a customer, why would anyone celebrate this?

I can bet this has happened coz of BF3 release

i knew they wouldn't let ppl get away with just 500 a copy

Or because PD fked up GT5 dlc and now they're releasing a 'family pack' in next update in Dec, and because Vita is coming out soon in Japan which has DD service for all its games.

what will MT do, I heard he has on PS3 each in his bedroom, bathroom, toilet ...... :lol:

Activate toilet PS3 before going in, deactivate after you've flushed :P

Enough OT. When are you writing your 1st review ? :ack:

We are waiting for the next Hannah Montana game.

Oh and way to go Sony - this was a no brainer decision to be taken earlier. Now taking it today just alienates existing customers.

I dunno....I'm neither the devil nor the angel ( :P ), but this seems to be a f**k up by sony to me. Either you give your users a privilege or don't (like M$). You don't give a privilege to your users for X amount of time and then revoke it one fine day. That's bad marketing whichever way you look at it.

It was intended to be given for that reason but the option is very much there & Sony always knew about it(who wouldn't)

So saying that you or ppl who shared did smthing wrong or illegal isn't right

Even i shared numerous content & was tempted to share BF3 but i'm not ready to believe that i did smthing wrong

the option was given to me for what ever reason it might be

I din "stole" that option from sony

Ok I sound like I'm fondling my moral high horse. But bro Sony would naturally want to, and have to protect their interests as a business. They gave you an option of using your ID on 5 different systems but DIDN'T handhold you into sharing. That's something devious kids FIGURED out. It's a miracle it wasn't blocked wayyy earlier.

Archived