Want some suggestions regarding 3DTV purchase in Bangalore

Ph3N0M

Our college(ISI, Bangalore) has been given funds to buy two HDTVs for our hostels. We(the students) have decided to buy a 42", and a 55" LG cinema 3D TVs(which use passive 3D glasses). We have finalised this and this as our choices. The problem is that the college needs 3 quotations, and will buy from the shop which offers the lowest price in their quotation. So far, we have gone to 2 shops, and both have prices higher than those of Letsbuy. We have an overall constraint on budget(there are many other things to be bought), so we want to get some shop which at least offers what Letsbuy is offering.

The Bangalore people here should be more experienced in these things. Please suggest me some shops in Bangalore, which you think can challenge Letsbuy's pricing.

Dude i wwould suggest you to go for this as far as the 42inch one is concerned LG42LW4500

Price

As you can see it uses the same 3D technology but is much cheaper.

I think this model isn't a smart TV, right? What's the differences between them? You've used it?

a 3d tv in hostel with may be 4 3d glasses to fight seems waste of money to me.also if u r tight on budget it is useful if u look at normal full hd tvs rather than 3d.

See, we have 2 hostels with a total of less than 100 students. It is not difficult to buy 100 3D glasses for everyone later(from a different fund :bigyellowgrin: ), since the passive 3D glasses are very cheap(150-200 rupees). So, why not bring in 3D TV and be future proof? We are not exactly tight on budget. But, if we get a shop with Letsbuy's pricing, we can buy something else with the saved money. You've got any suggestions for wholesale type shops?

i doubt if u really need a 3d tv for passive 3d vision, think it shud play fine on the normal hdtv, isn't it?

No, passive 3D glasses are the ones used in 3D cinema halls. They are very cheap, and are also used by LG in their 3DTVs. Samsung is also rumored to be adapting passive technology soon.

Make a fake quotation of letsbuy using word/excel and show your college. You will be doing them a favor as well.

We will buy from the shop which gives lowest price in their quotation. If I can show a quotation from Letsbuy, I'll have to buy from Letsbuy(i.e., will have to submit Letsbuy's valid bill. It's a government institute. There are lots of complications.). That would be a good option, if sending cheques of such large amounts to Letsbuy wasn't such an hassle.

Archived