The Last of Us

ScrewyAurum

I have still not played this game... How spooky/scary is the game?

I am someone who does not like the horror genre..

It's not an outright horror title. Like quixote_1989 mentioned, it's more intense than scary. The fact that you have the infected surrounding most of the areas and would become hostile on being detected is quite nerve wrecking. The atmosphere is what gives this game a horror-ish feel. If you have survived any recent zombie game, this shouldn't be too hard to handle. Also note that you won't always have to face the infected and a large portion of the game is dedicated to Ellie and Joel's journey and their survival story, which is covered brilliantly. This is not an experience you should miss, at any cost. If you do decide to play it, I hope it's on the PS4's remastered copy. It feels like a brand new game on the PS4.

Thanks a lot for the input guys.

The anticipation of something coming around the corner coupled with the music, which i am sure would be a little spooky, scares me the most.

I have never played any zombie games in the recent past. Played a couple when i was a little kid. :P

Yes, if i play, i will play the game on PS4.. The last game i played on PS3 was Batman Arkham origins or COD ghosts i think...

Don't watch Walking dead.

Edited by ayush12ice

The anticipation of something coming around the corner coupled with the music, which i am sure would be a little spooky, scares me the most.

The horror element, which are far and few in between and no sudden-jump moments, gets completely overshadowed by the emotional aspect of the game, this game is more humane than lot of zombie kill fest that are otherwise available to play. This and Walking Dead Season 1 are right at the top, is what I feel

• 3 months later...

Playing the remastered version now as the ps3 version had glitched on my last playthrough. I didn't like it much in my first playthrough but enjoying the remastered edition more now. Though I still feel UC is better overall :P

Also now that I come to think of it, this game is a lot like original Resident evil games except offcourse the stealth part :P

Edited by playstationdude

This is a more demanding and challenging game than UC. Keep playing you will like it more than UC once you are done with story.

And Tlou is my favourite Resident Evil game now :P.

Edited by WhiteWolf

This is a more demanding and challenging game than UC. Keep playing you will like it more than UC once you are done with story.

And Tlou is my favourite Resident Evil game now :P.

Yup. Though I will say AI is kind of stupid in this game. While going stealth around clickers and soldiers, ellie and the others run right past them without prompting any reaction. The enemies react only when I pass too close to them. Edited by playstationdude

Yup. Though I will say AI is kind of stupid in this game. While going stealth around clickers and soldiers, ellie and the others run right past them without prompting any reaction. The enemies react only when I pass too close to them.

AI is bad no doubt but it was designed for PS3 not PS4. They had to work with limited memory.

Yup. Though I will say AI is kind of stupid in this game. While going stealth around clickers and soldiers, ellie and the others run right past them without prompting any reaction. The enemies react only when I pass too close to them.

Its by design. Do you want Ellie (who you don't control) to blow your cover?

• 3 months later...

Man, after the hype, I finally get to play it, n so far I find it such a drag, jst reached Ellie, maybe things will get better from here on. As of now I am finding it difficult just to keep my eye open.

sh*t game bro..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Man, after the hype, I finally get to play it, n so far I find it such a drag, jst reached Ellie, maybe things will get better from here on. As of now I am finding it difficult just to keep my eye open.

It will get better, alot better. Some of the later sections are seriously quite intense.

Aankh band nahi rakh paayega fir :P

Edited by WhiteWolf

Yeah that's way too early to get bored. Anyway it does pick up from there but do note that this isn't a set-piece driven adventure like Uncharted. It's way slower and the gameplay favors stealth and planning more. That said if you don't find the characters and narrative appealing after a few hours then you might as well not continue further. I personally found it worth the hype (played it well after release) and gameplay was a lot better than I expected.

I think the game was pretty good but it really could have used some heavy editing. It goes on for too long and there are way too many unwanted fights. It took my like 12 hours to finish it and I think it would have been a MUCH better game had it been trimmed down to about 7-8. There are sections where they game just throws you into firefight after firefight and its just exhausting since the combat isnt phenomenal (its not bad but its not good enough to be enjoyable) and the firefight setpieces arent great.

The ending part is a really good example of that. The Hospital bit would have been fantastic if it was just a quick 5 minute rescue. Instead it becomes another marathon of mowing down wave after wave after wave of bad guys. It really washes down the impact of the whole place.

But TBH I cant really blame them for the padding. 7-8 hour SP campaigns tend to draw a lot of flak from reviewers and players.

Edited by Aftrunner