The Last of Us

ScrewyAurum

Yeah that makes it different than normal linear games. You can even complete encounters from different routes etc.
You can actually speedrun entire TLOU in 2.50 something hours. A completely linear game won't allow such time reduction.

Haha.. no point discussing.. for me its a linear game.. for you its not.. lets leave it at that..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, sobbii said:

Haha.. no point discussing.. for me its a linear game.. for you its not.. lets leave it at that..

So we are correcting your definition buddy.Linear is god of war where you face all levels,all enemies but in tlou and uc4 its not the case.You can skip encounters and places if you want.

Tera definition linear ka galat hai.

This isn't a linear game? All I see the game has 2 alternate methods lethal and non-lethal. The routes are same. So does the Uncharted series. 

By this i can say even Dishonored is a non-linear game, it can be completed within 1 hour. 

WOW! Now I wish it never ended. wyyn4pT.png

Last few chapters were really well done from the story perspective. In fact, it was very well written and laid out perfectly right from the beginning. 

The characters were felt fleshed and real. Joel and Ellie were phenomenal. The world was well designed without giving a heavy advantage to the player like most other games. Great atmosphere. Even without bosses and other sugar coated stuff we get these days, this game just proved you don't need any of those as long you have a fantastic story and characters. 

Not really a strong gameplay but it was good enough to keep me engaged in the game. It didn't feel slow or boring. There were couple places where it felt intense but that's about it. 

Voice acting, sound and direction were among one of the best ever done. Incredible score. The game visually looked quite fantastic as well. 

The whole game was an amazing journey right from the start. A complete package. So many good moments and towards the end it almost tore me apart. yccrOzl.png Really can't wait to play the next part. 

3v90NRi.jpg

The game doesn't need a score. It's just too good of a game not to miss. Straight to my all time list. 1HbQMYr.png 

hxBweWa.png hxBweWa.png hxBweWa.png

• Like 2

So we are correcting your definition buddy.Linear is god of war where you face all levels,all enemies but in tlou and uc4 its not the case.You can skip encounters and places if you want.

Tera definition linear ka galat hai.

Mujhe nahi pata tha madagascar gaye bina uc4 khatam hota hai.. lulz..
Get your fanboy goggles off.. linear game hao linear bolo.. linear doesnt make a game bad.. aise toh gow main bhi kaafi jagah aisi hai where you can ignore enemies and run.. ab gow bhi linear nahi hai kya..

On 17/07/2017 at 4:00 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

It's not just you. I think the aiming has been designed to be a little jittery on purpose (for better or worse).

Nice shots BTW.

Check your screenshot settings.

Settings > Sharing and broadcasts > Screenshot settings

I only get two options here-

Take screenshot auto on trophy

Image format(jpeg, png). Is that all? Just change to png?

Not sure why linear is a bad thing. I personally prefer linear games over open world games. Had it not been for great linear games such as uc4 I would have given up gaming completely.(Not fond of open world games).

Exactly calling a linear game non linear just coz you can speed run it dont make sense to me atleast.. and why lol.. its a great game but its linear..

Missed @Joe Cool's post. So how do you feel about buying a console now? I was telling you since so many days that get a console to experience all these great games which you have been missing for so many years, now finally you got it. Now play HZD and get blown away again. TLOU, HZD, even Infamous SS to some extent, Bloodborne, are the games you don't want to miss out as a gamer. You will even enjoy UC4, UC2 and 3 similarly. You missed RDR, hopefully its remastered soon.

Then there were some real gems on PS3. Good that SOTC is coming on PS4. GOW 1 and 2 need a remaster again, even Ascension isn't that bad. Then there is GT5 and 6, amazing games if you like sim racing. Resistance 3 was good, so was KZ2 and 3, especially KZ2 MP. And MGS 4 is awesome too.

I will also put Zelda BOTW in the same league. If anyone can event rent a Switch or Wii U or emulate on PC, then it is a game worth playing. One of the best games ever.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Missed @Joe Cool's post. So how do you feel about buying a console now? I was telling you since so many days that get a console to experience all these great games which you have been missing for so many years, now finally you got it. Now play HZD and get blown away again. TLOU, HZD, even Infamous SS to some extent, Bloodborne, are the games you don't want to miss out as a gamer. You will even enjoy UC4, UC2 and 3 similarly. You missed RDR, hopefully its remastered soon.

Then there were some real gems on PS3. Good that SOTC is coming on PS4. GOW 1 and 2 need a remaster again, even Ascension isn't that bad. Then there is GT5 and 6, amazing games if you like sim racing. Resistance 3 was good, so was KZ2 and 3, especially KZ2 MP. And MGS 4 is awesome too.

I will also put Zelda BOTW in the same league. If anyone can event rent a Switch or Wii U or emulate on PC, then it is a game worth playing. One of the best games ever.

And then play the Game of the Generation which is The Last Guardian :)

Heh, after finishing I was like, yeah, damn, this was worth it. I enjoy playing on PS4 so much. 1HbQMYr.png Just laying down on the couch and playing at my own pace, and the best part is still ease of use. It's so simple and relaxing. 

Wouldn't mind getting Xbox either but it doesn't really have any games which I can't play on PC. So PS4 seems really good. I get to enjoy pretty much all the games.

Speaking of games, so far everything has been amazing. I missed these kinds of games. Love PC too but it's not comfy as playing on a console either and I'd take the extra comfort over extra settings any day. Honestly, it doesn't look bad at all. Visually so far every game has been on par with PC unless I go closer to the TV. The frame-rate, I hardly noticed except for Bloodborne. The Last of Us was pure joy to play. 

I've picked Horizon: Zero Dawn. Really want to try inFamous (looks like a lot of fun) but looking for First Light along with it. 

Thanks, again. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Heh, after finishing I was like, yeah, damn, this was worth it. I enjoy playing on PS4 so much. 1HbQMYr.png Just laying down on the couch and playing at my own pace, and the best part is still ease of use. It's so simple and relaxing. 

Wouldn't mind getting Xbox either but it doesn't really have any games which I can't play on PC. So PS4 seems really good. I get to enjoy pretty much all the games.

Speaking of games, so far everything has been amazing. I missed these kinds of games. Love PC too but it's not comfy as playing on a console either and I'd take the extra comfort over extra settings any day. Honestly, it doesn't look bad at all. Visually so far every game has been on par with PC unless I go closer to the TV. The frame-rate, I hardly noticed except for Bloodborne. The Last of Us was pure joy to play. 

I've picked Horizon: Zero Dawn. Really want to try inFamous (looks like a lot of fun) but looking for First Light along with it. 

Thanks, again. 

Good one Joe. Looks like you are going to have a gr8 time ahead :) No intention to get into PC vs Console debate but I took bank loan(not joking) and bought a Crysis ready PC in 2007, but after watching E3 trailers of UC2 and GOW 3 way back then...just cudnt resist buying PS3...never went back to PC...never felt any need. A very good friend of mine, always try to belittle consoles and being friends I know there are quite a few exclusive games he is going to love, but may be bcoz of ego, he isnt buying one. Anywayz...again no offence meant to PC enthusiasts... happy gaming.

4 minutes ago, krados said:

Good one Joe. Looks like you are going to have a gr8 time ahead :) No intention to get into PC vs Console debate but I took bank loan(not joking) and bought a Crysis ready PC in 2007, but after watching E3 trailers of UC2 and GOW 3 way back then...just cudnt resist buying PS3...never went back to PC...never felt any need. A very good friend of mine, always try to belittle consoles and being friends I know there are quite a few exclusive games he is going to love, but may be bcoz of ego, he isnt buying one. Anywayz...again no offence meant to PC enthusiasts... happy gaming.

Show your friend the New gow trailer and Horizon TRex fight.Agle din ps4 lega woh.

Tell him he is missing the best games of his generation.Tell him to stop PC gaming  for one year and buy a ps4.If he doesnt like he can sell it.

Ek baar TLOU,HZD,TLG,GOW3  khel lega woh toh PC ki taraf dekhega bhi nhi :P

None was taken. I couldn't care what anyone thinks since they don't know how much FUN I'm having. I used to belittle consoles too, but after trying, I was genuinely surprised. 

I didn't keep a track on PS3 much. Hardly knew about Uncharted. God of War, I heard a lot and used to watch my cousin play on his PS2. 

42 minutes ago, adity said:

I think you haven't played Uncharted. Play Uncharted. It'll be a huge time investment though. You'll have to play at least 2 and 3 if you want to truly enjoy 4

Yeah, I'm waiting for my friend to get me Uncharted collection before I play Uncharted 4. Hopefully, will finish before Lost Legacy (though I didn't like the characters shown) comes out. 

None was taken. I couldn't care what anyone thinks since they don't know how much FUN I'm having. I used to belittle consoles too, but after trying, I was genuinely surprised. 

I didn't keep a track on PS3 much. Hardly knew about Uncharted. God of War, I heard a lot and used to watch my cousin play on his PS2. 

Yeah, I'm waiting for my friend to get me Uncharted collection before I play Uncharted 4. Hopefully, will finish before Lost Legacy (though I didn't like the characters shown) comes out. 

Nadine not so much but chloe is interesting.. i am sure they will make nadine interesting aswell.. its nd afterall..

20 minutes ago, hope said:

Tell him he is missing the best games of his generation.Tell him to stop PC gaming  for one year and buy a ps4.If he doesnt like he can sell it.

I know man, I just dont care if he stops PC gaming or not. Told him multiple times k bhai ek baar khel k to dekh, but master race runs strong in his blood, had recently bought a 3500$ alienware, and cant stop singing praises of how good ROTR is. I just feel sad bcoz he is a fellow gamer and a good friend and is missing on so many gr8 games. Sorry for going OT.

Joe, my only advise to you is go slow. I know there are a lot of great game recommendations being provided by everyone out here and it would seem a bit overwhelming. However, take your time with them and try not to burn through them ASAP. Some of these games deserve a second playthrough to be truly appreciated (The last of Us included). Just take your time and enjoy them.