The Last of Us

ScrewyAurum

The Last of Us Remastered Update Adds PS4 Pro Enhancements, Fixes Bugs

A brand new patch was just released for The Last of Us Remastered and The Last of Us Remastered: Left Behind on PlayStation 4. The update fixes some bugs and exploits that were in the third-person shooter’s multiplayer mode, and also adds new display settings for PS4 Pro owners. These will “offer greater flexibility to PS4 Pro players connected to a 4K display, as well as traditional HD displays through supersampling.”

Here’s how Naughty Dog’s Scott Lowe describes the update over at the PlayStation forums:

"We’ve just launched a new update for The Last of Us Remastered and The Last of Us Remastered: Left Behind that introduces expanded display settings for players using a PlayStation 4 Pro system. Starting today, PS4 Pro players will be able to select from new menu options and presets that provide additional configurations for resolution, framerate, and shadow quality. These new display settings options offer greater flexibility to PS4 Pro players connected to a 4K display, as well as traditional HD displays through supersampling. Additionally, today’s patches resolve bugs and exploits identified in Factions Multiplayer."

Check out the full patch notes for both The Last of Us Remastered patch 1.09 and The Last of Us Remastered: Left Behind patch 1.03 below:

General:

• Modified PlayStation®4 Pro enhancements settings
  • Added user options related to the PlayStation 4 Pro enhancement settings

Multiplayer:

• Fixed an issue that could cause a player to aim downward inadvertently
  • Fixed an exploit where players could throw a smoke bomb to get inside of level collision

source

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Started playing this while waiting for GoW. Had played this day 1 on PS3, so have forgotten most of it, so having an awesome time. Opening still got me and among all the games I've played, dont remember any other where music has such a great impact...elevating the game to god-tier level. In one of the scene, Joel and Tess first beat Robert and then Joel calmly breaks his hand from the elbow...but do the same to a girl and everyone goes crazy :)

Lastly, tried both 60fps and 30fps mode...checked online and most of the forums replies were like you have to be blind not to see a difference...but I'm not noticing any difference :( May be its not for this kind of game and the difference is more noticeable in racing/fighting games?

Hoping to finish this and TF2 by the time GoW arrives.

2 minutes ago, adity said:

Get ready for them feels. 

Yea man, i very well remembered the opening sequence, still was moved after playing it almost 5 years later.

Have just reached to the point where we first met Ellie. Her personality, sarcasm, foul language and how Ellie and Joel are so off, without any care for each other at this point...knowing this will change soon... masterpiece :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Guys im playing the remaster on PS4, i am in the big building that you reach after leaving the military wala restricted area with Tess and Ellie.

i dropped into a room with 4-5 normal runners and one clicker, i shoot one of them or kill normally with pipe etc then they all run towards me and clicker does one shot.

Is there anyway to avoid this room or kill all zombies and the clicker stealthily :fear:

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Guys im playing the remaster on PS4, i am in the big building that you reach after leaving the military wala restricted area with Tess and Ellie.

i dropped into a room with 4-5 normal runners and one clicker, i shoot one of them or kill normally with pipe etc then they all run towards me and clicker does one shot.

Is there anyway to avoid this room or kill all zombies and the clicker stealthily :fear:

Are you talking about the huge tilted building? Is it the first time you encounter a group of runners and clickers?

Tip toe around the clicker and try to stealth kill the runners away from each other. Then stealth kill the clicker with a shiv. If you have the shotgun, keep it handy for when the clicker charges at you.

Try to kill as many runners as possible so that even if the stealth fails later, the rest can be manageable with Shotgun and melee.

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

21 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Are you talking about the huge tilted building? Is it the first time you encounter a group of runners and clickers?

Tip toe around the clicker and try to stealth kill the runners away from each other. Then stealth kill the clicker with a shiv. If you have the shotgun, keep it handy for when the clicker charges at you.

Try to kill as many runners as possible so that even if the stealth fails later, the rest can be manageable with Shotgun and melee.

This is very early in game, i haven't seen a shotgun yet :P

Also the clicker has his back to the wall, can i use the shiv if i approach him from the side or do i have to lure him away with bottle/brick?

5 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

This is very early in game, i haven't seen a shotgun yet :P

Also the clicker has his back to the wall, can i use the shiv if i approach him from the side or do i have to lure him away with bottle/brick?

Try to not mess with the clicker as long as the runner don't have their eyes on it.  Do not try to attract it because as soon as you do so both the clickers and runners will home in on you.

Get the first runner that comes over to you. Then try to move clockwise stealth killing as many runners as possible starting from the left of the clicker. Keep the clicker for the end unless you find an opportunity to get it away from other's eyes. Stealthing is a viable option IMO. 

3 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Try to not mess with the clicker as long as the runner don't have their eyes on it.  Do not try to attract it because as soon as you do so both the clickers and runners will home in on you.

Get the first runner that comes over to you. Then try to move clockwise stealth killing as many runners as possible starting from the left of the clicker. Keep the clicker for the end unless you find an opportunity to get it away from other's eyes. Stealthing is a viable option IMO. 

thanks my dude :D

Killed most of the runners first, then the last runner spotted me and called it's clicker friend, killed the runner and ran as far away as i could, the clicker was basically 

b4d5727b63e37573f336732b49099e23.gif

Then i slowly came back and shiv'd him :rofl:

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

thanks my dude :D

Killed most of the runners first, then the last runner spotted me and called it's clicker friend, killed the runner and ran as far away as i could, the clicker was basically 

b4d5727b63e37573f336732b49099e23.gif

Then i slowly came back and shiv'd him :rofl:

Cheerio mate :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Was playing the level where Bill leads to you a wide open area, suddenly the fungus zombies rush you,

beat a clicker to death with the metal pipe weapon :devil:

also shot two runners in the head when they were running to grab me, their heads exploded :rofl:

so satisfying.

Playing this i realize Ellie was the original BOI :rofl:

She basically is the BOI but  except being girl and with a motormouth :lol:

Also are runners all soft etc body wise? Joel's ebin finisher moves don't make heads squish when curbstomped or smashed against a corner, and headshots don't make heads explode vs normal human enemies.Very sad :(

btw is there anyway to upgrade radius of nailbomb, molotov etc? there were 3 dudes talking to each other, i throw molotov, 2 die, one guy runs and alerts his 20+ buddies :rofl:

Then i spent 20 mins cleaning the YUGE bookstores of these harami bandits, hunters or whatever they call themselves.

Just finished playing through the Ellie section, it is like someone turned up the difficulty to Survivor :rofl:

Also 10/10 Ellie has massive balls, anything to survive, and also very sharp in times of tension, i'm impressed, never seen such a high energy child character in gaming.

Also

Spoiler

How the f**k did Joel survive the impalement on the iron rod? and who stitched the wound? Is Ellie a doctor and nurse also now :rofl: ?

I was surprised when the final scene was Ellie killing the pedo David herself, i was expecting Joel to come and save her, 10/10 excellent twist.

For a PS3 game, this looks very good in some parts, and the variety of locations is best i've seen in a game till date, more reason for people to go back to linear gaming rather than the open world trend currently