The Last of Us

ScrewyAurum

Completed the game, very nice it was, good combination of action and story, wide variety of beautiful locations :D, satisfying gore effects :devil: and good selection of weapons.

btw why doesn't Joel tell Ellie the truth about what happened in the game's final level?

Why hide it from her?

4 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

btw why doesn't Joel tell Ellie the truth about what happened in the game's final level?

Why hide it from her?

Because that's the extent to which he is ready to go to, to ensure that they are together. It's him being selfish. He is even ready to lie to her.

Think about it this way, what's the worst thing Joel is ready to do, to make sure he is with Ellie?

- Ready to kill people. Done.

- Ready to put his own life at risk. Done.

- Ready to put humanity at risk. Done.

And the biggest thing is

- Lie to her. Done, too. Even though there's a risk of her finding out in future and her hating him then. But being with her IS what he wants. Selfish.

That's the beauty of the writing of this game. Based on how you perceive it, one can say that you played as the bad guy throughout the game. Or you can say that the Fireflies are the bad guys because they were ready to risk the life of a little girl for a potential vaccine.

If he tells the truth to Ellie, there are a lot of chances that Ellie would never trust him again, considering the fact that humanity is at stake and Ellie personally would decide it'd be okay for her to die to get the cure.

Just now, VelivolusDas said:

Because that's the extent to which he is ready to go to, to ensure that they are together. It's him being selfish. He is even ready to lie to her.

Hide contents

Think about it this way, what's the worst thing Joel is ready to do, to make sure he is with Ellie?

- Ready to kill people. Done.

- Ready to put his own life at risk. Done.

- Ready to put humanity at risk. Done.

And the biggest thing is

- Lie to her. Done, too. Even though there's a risk of her finding out in future and her hating him then. But being with her IS what he wants. Selfish.

That's the beauty of the writing of this game. Based on how you perceive it, one can say that you played as the bad guy throughout the game. Or you can say that the Fireflies are the bad guys because they were ready to risk the life of a little girl for a potential vaccine.

If he tells the truth to Ellie, there are a lot of chances that Ellie would never trust him again, considering the fact that humanity is at stake and Ellie personally would decide it'd be okay for her to die to get the cure.

There are no bad guys in this, except that one cannibal pedo dude and his goons.

or those other goons you find in pittsburgh.

Both fireflies and Joel "do whatever it takes", neither is wrong per se because it's a cancer world, they don't have the luxury of squeaky clean morality.

Spoiler

btw keyword is "potential" for all your know Ellie's BRAINZ would have just been a failed experiment for them :rofl:

knowing that these are post-apocalyptic survivor folks with very limited resources and knowledge.

Joel did nothing wrong.

Curious tho why the Fireflies fixated on this cure angle from their earlier MILITARY BAD WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE REEEEEEEEEE "cause".

Throughout the game they are practically in every QZ, so i wonder why suddenly they want to cure humanity and all, instead of "fighting the good fight" :scratchchin:

I mean for all the immunity memes, Ellie can still be torn in half by a Bloater, or have her throat ripped out by a Clicker

43 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

There are no bad guys in this, except that one cannibal pedo dude and his goons.

Even the cannibal dude (David) is not a bad guy. He is providing and taking care of his people. Maybe his way of doing things (cannibalism) is not right but in times where survival matters and everyday is a struggle, ends justifies the means.

And if David's pedophilia makes him a bad guy so does Joel's tendency for mass murder. Everybody in this world has their own reasons for being the way they are.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

or those other goons you find in pittsburgh.

Both fireflies and Joel "do whatever it takes", neither is wrong per se because it's a cancer world, they don't have the luxury of squeaky clean morality.

Reveal hidden contents

btw keyword is "potential" for all your know Ellie's BRAINZ would have just been a failed experiment for them :rofl:

knowing that these are post-apocalyptic survivor folks with very limited resources and knowledge.

Joel did nothing wrong.

Curious tho why the Fireflies fixated on this cure angle from their earlier MILITARY BAD WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE REEEEEEEEEE "cause".

Throughout the game they are practically in every QZ, so i wonder why suddenly they want to cure humanity and all, instead of "fighting the good fight" :scratchchin:

I mean for all the immunity memes, Ellie can still be torn in half by a Bloater, or have her throat ripped out by a Clicker

49 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Even the cannibal dude (David) is not a bad guy. He is providing and taking care of his people. Maybe his way of doing things (cannibalism) is not right but in times where survival matters and everyday is a struggle, ends justifies the means.

And if David's pedophilia makes him a bad guy so does Joel's tendency for mass murder. Everybody in this world has their own reasons for being the way they are.

Nolan North was amazing as David. Didn't even recognize it was him the first time I played it.

1 hour ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Lol weak defense and false equivalence, "mass murder" is done in the world of TLOU to survive, it's not Joel and Ellie's fault that entire gangs of bandits fall like flies to some old guy and a 14 year old girl :rofl:

Literally everyone in TLOU does """""mass murder"""""", not everyone is a pedo and has a taste for human meat, tho.

The pedo, taste for  human flesh, "We can do whatever we want because we have guns" mindset of the Military in QZ( or the rebel faction who overthrew military in Pittsburgh) is the true Evil in TLOU or any of these post-apocalyptic settings, doing whatever depraved sh*t you want to because nobody can stop you  :lol:

TLOU2 will be chock a block full with much more worse degenerate bandits i hear.

David will seem like a small baby compared to Seraphites and all :rofl:

8 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

it's not Joel and Ellie's fault that entire gangs of bandits fall like flies to some old guy and a 14 year old girl :rofl:

They do not fall like flies if the difficulty is set up to Grounded. This is meant to be a survival game after all.

Literally everyone in TLOU does """""mass murder"""""", not everyone is a pedo and has a taste for human meat, tho.

The pedo, taste for  human flesh, "We can do whatever we want because we have guns" mindset of the Military in QZ( or the rebel faction who overthrew military in Pittsburgh) is the true Evil in TLOU or any of these post-apocalyptic settings, doing whatever depraved sh*t you want to because nobody can stop you  :lol:

The game nowhere spells out that David was a pedophile. If him touching Ellie's fingers gently or suggesting that he will take care of her or some other guys saying that Ellie is David's new project or something on similar lines; makes us interpret that he is pedophile. But on a very basic level he too wants to care for Ellie in the same way Joel does. 

I am not saying cannibalism is justified but given the desperation to provide for food in peak winter to a community, I can understand if that is what they have resorted to.

Anybody who is in power will do whatever it takes to be in power, nobody is going to surrender it away just like that. That is human nature I believe. And groups did come out to oppose one another. The fireflies were a resistant movement against the military or even the rival faction you talk about that overthrew the military in Pittsburgh. It is just that everybody has their own ideology and nobody is innocent.

TLOU2 will be chock a block full with much more worse degenerate bandits i hear.

David will seem like a small baby compared to Seraphites and all :rofl:

Part 2 is all about, 'every choice has a consequence'. :naughty:

Cant say anything about the Seraphites yet. I am at a part where I am assuming I will get to know who these guys really are but for the rest I came to understand that nothing should be taken at face value.

10 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

They do not fall like flies if the difficulty is set up to Grounded. This is meant to be a survival game after all.

The game nowhere spells out that David was a pedophile. If him touching Ellie's fingers gently or suggesting that he will take care of her or some other guys saying that Ellie is David's new project or something on similar lines; makes us interpret that he is pedophile. But on a very basic level he too wants to care for Ellie in the same way Joel does. 

I am not saying cannibalism is justified but given the desperation to provide for food in peak winter to a community, I can understand if that is what they have resorted to.

Anybody who is in power will do whatever it takes to be in power, nobody is going to surrender it away just like that. That is human nature I believe. And groups did come out to oppose one another. The fireflies were a resistant movement against the military or even the rival faction you talk about that overthrew the military in Pittsburgh. It is just that everybody has their own ideology and nobody is innocent.

Part 2 is all about, 'every choice has a consequence'. :naughty:

Cant say anything about the Seraphites yet. I am at a part where I am assuming I will get to know who these guys really are but for the rest I came to understand that nothing should be taken at face value.

It doesn't even spell out that Bill the thicc is gay, but you can infer that from the hints :naughty:

btw i just played Left Behind DLC, does TLOU2 have any light hearted/fun moments like Ellie and Riley in the mall?

or is it high energy survival, revenge and feels from start to finish?

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

It doesn't even spell out that Bill the thicc is gay, but you can infer that from the hints :naughty:

btw i just played Left Behind DLC, does TLOU2 have any light hearted/fun moments like Ellie and Riley in the mall?

or is it high energy survival, revenge and feels from start to finish?

Whooo boy you are gonna be surprised...

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Several of them. Which is why they pacing in the second part is amazing. Intense sections end at just the right time and the lighter moments kick in.

• 9 months later...
On 5/8/2021 at 12:16 PM, DamnWhatAreYouDoingWithAll said:

My initial thoughts : I feel anxious playing this game and don't want to search for supplies in the nearby areas/rooms. 

While I was a kid, playing even the initial level of "The Thing" threw me off horror games for a lifetime until now, I've picked Last of Us because Naughty Dog!

There is one specific level in the game which still somehow makes me piss my pants....good luck with that lol

• Haha 1